Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Weve got two other forwards of similar quality, we'll be ok.
I certainly don't think it will be a defining moment if he gets banned

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Definitive from the club. Apologies to those who were hoping otherwise:

The FA’s 3 person panel has already reached a unanimous verdict based on reviewing video evidence, as the referee will have confirmed he and his officials didn’t see it at the time of the incident, hence the charge today.

We now have to decide whether to accept the charge as it has been set out - and a 3 game ban for Hemed - or appeal the charge which allows us to present mitigation but also risks a further match being added if the appeal is considered to be frivolous.

The decision whether to appeal an FA charge in situations like this is one that the Chis Hughton and Paul Barber take together.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly cannot be considered frivolous and so it's worth appealing not that it will do any good. Adam Virgo's red at Southend was frivolous

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is why we need a squad. Because players do stupid things and or get mistakenly punished. How on earth Lineaker got through his entire career given the latter is one of the wonders of the modern football world.

Don't appeal. Decision already made by the League.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think our tech savvy younger fans should bombard the FA will historical references/video where worse events escape any punishment at all. Just to annoy them. Petty? yep I guess but, what the hell.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If Paul Barber writes the mitigation the panel will still be reading it after the next international break.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
But if you're gonna compare one you may as well compare every decision the fa make. Pointless. It ain't personal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s just that English law is based on precedents, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable for this to roll down into the English FA rule book. Obviously it looks like the FA have made their own laws and rules.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just read the Argus article. I've no idea which way Andy has interpreted it, but it does read as though he believes the review panel is still to happen, when it already has.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Is there any way if found guilty he could get a lessor ban say 1 game as that would seem more appropriate?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If 3 refs say its a stamp I can't see the need for an appeal its not as if another one is going to go against his mates

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To me it looks very clumsy - but is not a deliberate stamp. Body language is very different
to your usual "make it look unsuspicious" sort of thing. That makes it look anything
but unsuspicious usually.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Can they introduce Yedlin's leg into mitigation.I'm sure a stamp would have left heavy bruising.Doesn't necessarily have to be attached to Yedlin!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Should be relativly straightforward for the club to prove it was not a stamp. They must have data on the average stride length of Hemed and the velocity if his leg when it comes down in lots of different situations. It should not be so hard to prove that the foot came down with a higher than normal force onto the player. With that you can show it is not a stamp.

Blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here