Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite ever comedian

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
So difficult to name one. Spike is the ultimate for his influence and when he got it right he was so funny.
Frank Skinner is probably the funniest live performance I've seen - his speed was th the audience is something else. Bill Hicks is the one that got away - I wish I'd seen him - he was on another level.
Peter Cook also had a level of genius about him.... I could go on and on but I'll stop now!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rick Mayall and Rowan Atkinson.

Currently Ricky Gervais.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Technically I'll have to say Steve Coogan but as my vote is down to the character Alan Partridge, there is more than one person behind it.

Was very pleased to see this on twitter yesterday ;

[TWEET]910876654138019840[/TWEET]

Didn't think Armando Ianucci would be getting involved with AP again, great news.

I can't think of another comic character who has consistently put out quality material for so long. For years I've been waiting for the time when they put something sub-standard out (the film? Even that was pretty good) but whether it's chat show, sit-com, radio, book, internet shorts or one off documentaries they are always good. He's been around what? 25 years now?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Billy Connolly is such a wonderful story teller, you know where he is going but you still fall off your seat laughing when he gets there.

Frankie Boyle is probably my current favourite, he is deceptively smart but has no filter. Not to everyone's tastes, I wouldn't take my dear old mum to see him live.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Technically I'll have to say Steve Coogan but as my vote is down to the character Alan Partridge, there is more than one person behind it.

Was very pleased to see this on twitter yesterday ;

[TWEET]910876654138019840[/TWEET]

Didn't think Armando Ianucci would be getting involved with AP again, great news.

I can't think of another comic character who has consistently put out quality material for so long. For years I've been waiting for the time when they put something sub-standard out (the film? Even that was pretty good) but whether it's chat show, sit-com, radio, book, internet shorts or one off documentaries they are always good. He's been around what? 25 years now?

Been part of my comedy landscape since I was 15. So yeah, must be 25 years. As you say consistently funny. I'm Alan Partridge remains my favourite comedy programme of all time. I can return to those two series over and over and it never gets tired.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Been part of my comedy landscape since I was 15. So yeah, must be 25 years. As you say consistently funny. I'm Alan Partridge remains my favourite comedy programme of all time. I can return to those two series over and over and it never gets tired.

Yes, absolutely. And yet, some of the newer stuff has been as good. Really didn't know what to expect when they first announced those internet episodes. Turned out to be superb. And the one off documentaries have been brilliant. Really looking forward to his return to the BBC.

Two geniuses. My favourites, in that order.

My minor claim to fame is that I met and had a brief chat with Spike at a book signing. Spike was a big Rugby fan and asked me if I played (size perhaps suggested that I did). I replied that I didn't, his response was "I used to play on the wing but as soon as I saw big bu**gers like you approaching I used to step into touch"! End of conversation, man was a surreal genius but sadly a tortured soul I believe.

Viv Stanshall. "Sir Henry at Rawlinson End" (the record, not the film). Funny and very, very clever stuff.

Old Scrotum, the wrinkled retainer...

Goodcall - big "Bonzos" fan and old enough to recall watching "Do Not Adjust Your Set" on which they were the "house band".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not getting the love for Milton Jones. Every time I've seen him I just sit stony taced, he raises no titters here. Not clever and not funny. " unfunny Uncle jokes" is the best way to describe his humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here