Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 Blast finals day

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Unlike then, and I was there that day unlike now, but I honestly haven't felt this despondent about a Sussex defeat since Lord's in 1993 against Warwickshire. I'm gutted.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
was that just 1 bad over at the end from Archer or the last 3 overs of our innings didnt bring enough runs.

Personally I thought it was gone well before that Archer over. Would be wrong to scape goat him when we could only manage the 2nd lowest innings of the day.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If only Salt dragged his bat in. That was the turning point. Very poor powerplay and end to the Sussex innings, that’s where the extra runs should’ve come from. Bowlers (especially Briggs / Beer) did so well to take it deep.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great captaincy by Moeen. If Root felt like jacking it in we could do a lot worse than him.

For Sussex it's worth remembering we got to the final because Somerset bottled it and conceded 67 in 3 overs. It happens in 20/20.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When Franklyn Stephenson and Piggott panicked, allowing Warwickshire to break all records in their huge chase.

Don't. I was naive enough to think as the last ball went for two that Martin Speight was actually going to catch it, out there somewhere in the darkness.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We lost and the team were not good enough, no need to blame individuals

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Great captaincy by Moeen. If Root felt like jacking it in we could do a lot worse than him.

For Sussex it's worth remembering we got to the final because Somerset bottled it and conceded 67 in 3 overs. It happens in 20/20.

I don't think that's really true. Yes Sussex got a lot of runs in that period, but that was partly (probably mainly) due to good batting from Wright. Every t20 game has periods where 1 team scores a lot of runs: doesn't mean they are lucky for doing so. Also the difference in that semi was enough that I don't think Somerset's poor bowling in that part of the innings can be pointed to as the sole difference between the teams

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't. I was naive enough to think as the last ball went for two that Martin Speight was actually going to catch it, out there somewhere in the darkness.

I watched on the box. You've reminded me of the pain, especially as I found Warwickshire irritating in 'buying success' at that time e.g. poaching Reeve. The silver lining was the later SCCC revolution in getting rid of the old committee, then the Chris Adams era.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Unlike then, and I was there that day unlike now, but I honestly haven't felt this despondent about a Sussex defeat since Lord's in 1993 against Warwickshire. I'm gutted.

Just cheer yourself up and think about the 2006 final against Lancs!

Jimmy Grimble

As galling as it is, Jofra probably deserved that. The guy is cocky as **** (I understand within reason). But you need to take the brunt of a beating like that and then come back and prove yourself if you really fancy yourself as an international all star cricketer.

BTW, I know it wasn't all his fault but he was the face of it with those shocking deliveries.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The result aside, a truly memorable day.

A handful of dickhead Worcesterarians, the surreal sight of a couple of pigs being pursued by 20 or so butchers and a fox with a similar number of huntsmen in tow will live with me for a long time.

Roll on Saints on Monday....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Outclassed by a vastly superior team in all departments I’m afraid.

You don’t win T20 with 90mph bowlers spraying it everywhere.

You're right. how the hell did they get to the final? Our captain, can't bat for toffee, our spin bowlers, so bad they should be sacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here