Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle (a)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Still remain a firm believer that we should allocate total points per game to be split among those that go. So each game gets, say, 15000 points... if 3000 go it's 5 points each, if 300 go it's 50 points each. Reward those that are better fans than the rest of us!

Or just keep it how it currently is as that works fine.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Still remain a firm believer that we should allocate total points per game to be split among those that go. So each game gets, say, 15000 points... if 3000 go it's 5 points each, if 300 go it's 50 points each. Reward those that are better fans than the rest of us!

Never thought of/heard of this before. Very good idea in my eyes.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
But it would just make the gap wider as the most loyal fans are the ones travelling the miles anyway, besides there is no problem anymore, those who wanted to go to Liverpool, Man City and Newcastle can/could get tickets easily.

Hadn't thought of that either! Although in this example, there's just 300 uber fans racking up the points - that still leaves 2,700 tickets for us normal folk. Would give a chance to the less away-orientated fans to grab some extra points by going to a far flung away, rather than just moaning they can't get tickets to Arsenal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hadn't thought of that either! Although in this example, there's just 300 uber fans racking up the points - that still leaves 2,700 tickets for us normal folk. Would give a chance to the less away-orientated fans to grab some extra points by going to a far flung away, rather than just moaning they can't get tickets to Arsenal.

It wouldn't surprise me if there will be more availability for lower points thresholds for games like Arsenal, Spurs (unless they have their new ground), Chelsea which TBF are pretty unexciting games/stadia. Although good away days like Fulham will get snapped up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone seen any cheap train fares. Even with Two Together seems very expensive?

Not dirt cheap but £50 from Kings Cross and £27.40 for the return. Add in ticket to St Pancras from Burgess Hill which is £25 for four of us. Be aware there are no trains between Btn and Three bridges though!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not dirt cheap but £50 from Kings Cross and £27.40 for the return. Add in ticket to St Pancras from Burgess Hill which is £25 for four of us. Be aware there are no trains between Btn and Three bridges though!

Permission to say cock - might not bother as engineering works, will consult the meagre Groovy Gang entourage about this, GRRRRRRR

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I didn't know, until searching just now, that Newcastle have been granted an indefinite exemption on locating away fans pitchside at SJP >>> https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...news/newcastle-confirm-away-fans-not-14386184

This strikes me as utterly ridiculous. I really don't see that the risks in Newcastle can be significantly greater than at every other of the 19 Premier League grounds right now. Strikes me as pretty weak to let them get away with this.

They only get £100m a year for being in the prem. There simply is no way they can accommodate away fans on the bottom tier :rolleyes:

From what I have heard up here the council and police basically bend over backwards to whatever NUFC ask for, so they can continue to get away with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here