Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 4th Test v India

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is getting ridiculous! Surely there must be one or two Safas out there in county cricket the selectors haven't tried yet?

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
JB's a goner... nibbled at Bumrah outside off... 3 down for 28

(posted in the right thread this time!)

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Ben Stoke punches Hardik Pandya.... through midwicket #phew

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I read the headline on BBC Sport earelier that Root said his batsmen were hungrier than ever for runs.

:facepalm:

An absolute shambles, I took 2/1 on India winning the series before it began, they were as big as 66/1 after 2 tests, all the momentum is with them currently. Heads should roll.

:nono:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Cook gone fishing :nono:

36-4

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We just have no bottle if there is no scoring, so get desperate as soon as there is a ball worth swinging at. Cook had left so well too. Getting out to a wide one though with his experience…:facepalm:

watching the replays, what a truly shocking cricket shot by a former captain when we're already in the shit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's bizarre that Jennings keeps his place but Pope gets dropped. We'd have been better off recalling Bell or promoting Root to open. I have backed everyone bare Jimmy to score more runs in this test than Jennings.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Jennings......not good enough.
Cook............well past his best and mentally shot.
Root.............poor captain....immature in attitude and comment....batting like a man too burdened with pressure.
Bairstow.......lacks a tight technique and no.4 is too high for him.

.....just for starters.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
England 57-4 at lunch, with the top four back in the hutch.

Not an ideal way to set about securing the series win.

Just 24 overs in the session.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Jennings and Cook issue needs sorting. You can't constantly have your number 3 and 4 having to play effectively as openers. That's what is killing Root now.

We must have openers somewhere who can do better than this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After we won in Australia under Strauss, management went public that the aim was to dominate test cricket in the way the Aussies had in the 90’s to 2014.

Better to keep your gob shut and take each test at a time I thought.

Since that tour, we’ve won and lost home tests, in the main been awful overseas, and there’ve been so many batting collapses.

God help the team when Anderson retires.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Jennings and Cook issue needs sorting. You can't constantly have your number 3 and 4 having to play effectively as openers. That's what is killing Root now.

I would imagine the selection of those two indicates otherwise. Cook would be gone for a while by now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We must be at 6 or 7 years and counting since we had a solid opening pairing. We have tied a shed load of players. I don't know whether Cook is the issue really. His records etc. make him a formidable experienced person to go out to bat with, not sure everyone we have tried has felt unable to take control or be on an equal footing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We must be at 6 or 7 years and counting since we had a solid opening pairing. We have tied a shed load of players. I don't know whether Cook is the issue really. His records etc. make him a formidable experienced person to go out to bat with, not sure everyone we have tried has felt unable to take control or be on an equal footing.

There really is no finer sight in cricket than a rampant Ali Cook, but it's becoming more and more sporadic. He should rightly be remembered as one of, if not, the finest batsmen this nation has ever produced and I am concerned his legacy is currently being torn to shreds.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here