Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tom Watson has done it now

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It just shows how certain people are using this as simply a tool to hurt Labour, if they were really concerned they would be against any kind of racism

[tweet]1026092034711584768[/tweet]

Fake news, Momentum and Corbyn are hurting Labour! Momentum = Always in opposition!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Corbyn isn't perfect, but he is the person who has been twice chosen by the membership to lead the Labour Party (both landslide victories). If the so-called 'Centrists' respected the membership AT ALL they'd stop their internal wrecking games and actually oppose the Tories.

The whole issues on anti semitism in Labour is certainly ugly. However, the most recent outrage comes from JC sharing a stage with a holocaust survivor who criticised Israel and compared their dehumanisation of Palestinians to that of the Nazis. It’s unreal in this day an age that anyone would call a holocaust survivor anti-Semitic. And that’s part of the problem, any time anyone criticises Israel their branded anti-Semitic.

Just this week the Israeli opposition leader said he fears Israel is becoming a fascist state (nation state law, academic repression, govt interference in arts & music, erosion of justice system). Many on UK political right would brand him an anti-Semite for raising these concerns!
The membership are mainly to the left of the party and number 600k, they don't represent the 16million who voted labour.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Also because he is anti-semetic to his very core and each time he attempts to dispove this he somehow seems to cement his anti-semitism even further.

Do you really believe JC is anti-Semitic or do you think maybe he’d like to see the Palestinians given a break. Anti- Zionist is different isn’t it. He is scared now off saying anything.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sweep what under the table? - can you give me an example of what you mean - I find this whole labour anti-semitism thing baffling.

When this first raised its ugly head they had the opportunity to address it then but didn’t. Just played it down as not being an issue. At the last count it’s been three piss poor attempts at putting this to bed.

JC and much of labour are anti-Zionist and many use this as a justification to be anti-Semitic.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you really believe JC is anti-Semitic or do you think maybe he’d like to see the Palestinians given a break. Anti- Zionist is different isn’t it. He is scared now off saying anything.

There are an increasing number of vocal anti-semites in the party, perhaps encouraged to vocalise that because they feel the party is theirs to own now. Loads of evidence of illegal spoken Holocaust stuff, comments about the Jewish race and "traits". To say such things is quite rightly illegal, as it would be to speak about Sikhs, Muslims, Romanys or another race.

Corbyn IMO would not be of that ilk, but as longterm political mates and allies, he struggles to attack those illegal anti-semites.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
How I wish it was hypothetical. The nuclear war clock is currently two minutes to midnight.

So a big clock predicting a hypothetical event says it’s two minutes to midnight? Well my ‘Tories are ****ing over the poor’ clock is at midnight and has been for years.

And, in further inspection and research, the clock represents all man made catastrophes and a big part of it being ‘two minutes to midnight’ is because of climate change, a far more likely thing to kill us all.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I'd rather he acted like the Leader of the Opposition on Brexit and, despite "the will of the people", opposed it at every turn.

Why would he do that? - Corbyn hates the EU and always has done.

We have a PM who wanted to remain taking us out, and a leader of the opposition who wanted to leave now telling us he wants to stay in the single market!

What a mess - as others have said, a new centrist party - like in France (Not the Liberals - they are too too tainted) is what is needed.

At the moment I have nobody I can vote for.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Tom Watson and his traitorous cohorts won't even be in the Labour Party by then, they will be in their new Centrist party led by their messiah Chucka Immuna

Traitorous! :lol: Starting to believe you actually are a Tory fifth columnist.......

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
When this first raised its ugly head they had the opportunity to address it then but didn’t. Just played it down as not being an issue. At the last count it’s been three piss poor attempts at putting this to bed.

JC and much of labour are anti-Zionist and many use this as a justification to be anti-Semitic.

Sorry I must have missed this, when did this rear its ugly head, and what specific allegation of anti-semitism against Jeremy Corbyn are you talking about? Are you equaating anti zionism with anti semitism? Many Jewish people both within and outside Israel are anti zionist - are they antisemitic also?

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
There are an increasing number of vocal anti-semites in the party, perhaps encouraged to vocalise that because they feel the party is theirs to own now. Loads of evidence of illegal spoken Holocaust stuff, comments about the Jewish race and "traits". To say such things is quite rightly illegal, as it would be to speak about Sikhs, Muslims, Romanys or another race.

Corbyn IMO would not be of that ilk, but as longterm political mates and allies, he struggles to attack those illegal anti-semites.

You say there is loads of evidence of this anti-semitism within the ranks of Corbyn supporters. Could you give me an example?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Compared to May ? a woman who can't hold her own party and cabinet together. I think " Suicide " is a pretty ridiculous suggestion compared to how the Tories have recapitalised the banks, who were the creators of the last financial crisis, at the expense of millions who are living for the next pay packet.

They have had no qualms about pushing millions in to debt and uncertainty regarding their future care by the NHS and Social Services, thousands more having their meagre DLA's slashed while holding the purse strings of the 5th biggest economy in the world.

When I was young, there were plenty of poor people but we all worked hard and eked out a living, there were NO Food Banks ? Housing existed and was affordable, we got a pension that would cover most of the costs of retirement. Now too many exist on poor wages with overpriced rental accommodation with little hope of improving their lot.

I come from a time when you usually always had a pay rise annually, if times were hard it was less than inflation but you always got something, now the norm seems to be work harder, "you are lucky to have a job you know" …. I work for a big High Street name and we were supposed to have pay reviews in June, two people were sacked in April for " not being exceptional " in their work, another one was effectively constructively dismissed but we have no union so we shook our heads and sighed and wished her well in the future. Consequently one or two people had " Reviews" but the 90% who didn't obviously did not feel comfortable about asking...

You say "Corbyn will be suicide " and I will quote an old proverb from the far east.... " Better to die on your feet than to live your life on your knees "

Very few people get 'pushed' into debt, let alone millions. What tends to happen is people overstretch themselves, want a shiny, new car, or TV, or flashy holidays. Those who actually have very little are not offered money on the never never, as they either have very poorly paid jobs or perhaps do not own their own home, what incentive is there for the banks to lend to these people considering that they could never get their money back? Those in debt perhaps wanted a bit more than they could afford, without actually realising that they already had a decent lifestyle, I know that I have made that mistake in the past. We all have to make choices. It seems today that it is essential to go to Uni (alternative is work avoiding lots of debt), must have a decent car ASAP in a city with BRILLIANT public transport (could use that money towards a deposit even if a form of social housing), must have GAP year (can you afford it or just using student loan?), and what about a part time job too, as a cleaner, or bar person, whatever, or does our social life more important? Don't get me wrong, I have had my skirmishes with overspending, but don't blame it on anybody else. Very few people get 'pushed' into debt.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
So a big clock predicting a hypothetical event says it’s two minutes to midnight? Well my ‘Tories are ****ing over the poor’ clock is at midnight and has been for years.

And, in further inspection and research, the clock represents all man made catastrophes and a big part of it being ‘two minutes to midnight’ is because of climate change, a far more likely thing to kill us all.

No doubt you would refer to me as gamman although we probably agree on most political issues but I have lived through a cold war which you have not. I remember public information ads on the tv when I was about 5 years old telling me how to survive a nuclear blast so I know they are real. A generation born after the late 80s seem to be naive on this subject and are probably more concerned about their iphone batteries than the four minute warning.
I also learnt about the dangers of proliferation at school and although that seemed a long way off at the time we seem to
on the brink of some of those dangers now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I really don't think Corbyn is anti-semitic.The whole thing is down to numbers.Moslems outnumber Jews in this country by about 12 to 1 and if he panders to one he loses the other,but he's just too dishonest to admit it.It also suits his mindset as a long time Hamas/Hezbollah groupie.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Personally won't be voting Labour if JC is still leader. He might be a nice bloke but his supporters are not. There view is any moderate supporter is being tarred as a closet Tory and should be ousted ....well that will not win elections.

It's amazing that faced with such a disunited and useless Tory government that Corbyn can't land any knock-out punches, and allows disasters such as Brexit to trundle along virtually unopposed. However, I will continue to vote Labour in Hove unless Momentum manage to deselect the excellent Peter Kyle. If that happens then it would be goodbye Labour from me...

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No doubt you would refer to me as gamman although we probably agree on most political issues but I have lived through a cold war which you have not. I remember public information ads on the tv when I was about 5 years old telling me how to survive a nuclear blast so I know they are real. A generation born after the late 80s seem to be naive on this subject and are probably more concerned about their iphone batteries than the four minute warning.
I also learnt about the dangers of proliferation at school and although that seemed a long way off at the time we seem to
on the brink of some of those dangers now.

I wouldn’t refer to you as a gammon. I would argue that your fear of a clock predicting the hypothetical destruction of the planet is exaggerated and that you should focus on matters closer to home and that are actually effecting the lives of millions of people in this country on a daily basis. Your assumption that because I was born in the 80s I’m more interested in my phone’s battery life than a dystopian nuclear holocaust is very presumptuous. I care about nuclear disarmament but I fear that global changes in climate is a far bigger threat than nuclear winter. I wasn’t raised to fear Russia or China or other communist states nor did I live through the Cuban Missile crisis so perhaps I am naive. And, maybe, perhaps because you did live through the Cold War you are more concerned about the ‘clock’ counting down to an event that will more than likely never happen (nuclear holocaust), than the millions of people relying on food banks on a daily basis.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I really don't think Corbyn is anti-semitic.The whole thing is down to numbers.Moslems outnumber Jews in this country by about 12 to 1 and if he panders to one he loses the other,but he's just too dishonest to admit it.It also suits his mindset as a long time Hamas/Hezbollah groupie.

So close to getting ‘generic right wing Jeremy Corbyn smear bingo’ but I’m afraid you missed out communist and terrorist sympathiser l. So close but no cigar. Nice touch bringing ‘Moslems’ into the issue though. Now the gammons can really get going!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's amazing that faced with such a disunited and useless Tory government that Corbyn can't land any knock-out punches, and allows disasters such as Brexit to trundle along virtually unopposed. However, I will continue to vote Labour in Hove unless Momentum manage to deselect the excellent Peter Kyle. If that happens then it would be goodbye Labour from me...
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] will hold a Street Party in George Street Hove the day Kyle gets deselected!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here