Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
2 week international break coming up. No need to rest both our CBs tonight. I hope it's worth it come 6pm Saturday.

Clearly a case of protecting them from injury/suspension. If Balogun or Duffy had got crocked or sent off, then we'd be right up shit creek for Saturday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As fishing posts go that’s pretty poor !!

Must try harder
Agreed. Transparent and only the dimmest of dimwits (or nicest of nice supportive Albion fans) would be taken in or respond. Very pathetic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks Sheebo.

How's Ali doing?

Didn’t see enough of the ball tbh. Was worth going just to watch Bissouma tbh. We had 4 u23s on at the end I think and they out on Redmond & Austin. Hughes looked desperate for a win tbh. Not too down - did well considering I guess. Locadia good first half but faded.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Leicester,Wolves,Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Stains all won. Only other Prem team to lose was Huddersfield. Edit and Cardiff !
Strength in depth?

Disappointed that Locadia failed to score again. Have we got a wrongun here?

Told you this months ago and yet you continue to stalk me defending Locadia and asking why Hughton doesn't play him. Unbelievable. Penny dropped eh ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ps - ignore Dwayne - he’s on a wind up clearly. We did well against a much stronger choice of side!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Locadia is dire. Awful signing.

....he's had long enough now to prove himself. He's just not a premier league footballer. Shame but that's life. I suspect alireza is a dud as well. Should steer well clear of the Dutch league....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Only just come online but I really think you should stop being such a miserable **** and piss off to support Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City. If you are not fishing and genuinely think a player that we have tracked for a couple of years can be written off after about 120 minutes of football in an unfamiliar country then your opinion on football is garbage.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Happy with that tonight. Hopefully no injuries, that’s the only thing that matters really. Glad to be out of this cup. Also don’t give a toss about the FA Cup. It’s all about the PL, baby

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
How did we ever get promoted then? 2 games a week for most of the season. Seemed to cope.
Don't patronise me you prick.

Think his point is valid even if the way it came across was wrong.

Don’t think it was about ‘resting’ more protecting them as they are our only fit CB’s and an injury or suspension in a relatively unimportant game wasn’t really worth the risk.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Think his point is valid even if the way it came across was wrong.

Don’t think it was about ‘resting’ more protecting them as they are our only fit CB’s and an injury or suspension in a relatively unimportant game wasn’t really worth the risk.

Fair enough but why risk any of them then? Why risk Gross? It used to be about trying to win something. Sky have won.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's irrelevant. The point is they have a stronger squad and they are one of the faves for the drop.

It isn't irrelevant. Thought even you would grasp that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How did we ever get promoted then? 2 games a week for most of the season. Seemed to cope.
Don't patronise me you prick.

Insults aside.

The PL is so fast that players for the 'lesser' teams have to work incredibly hard to get results against teams full of internationals, and so are at great risk of soft tissue injuries. This has been explained by sports doctors.

CH is giving our first 11 all the rest it can get.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's irrelevant. The point is they have a stronger squad and they are one of the faves for the drop.

There’s a big difference between picking 3 u23s to make their debut and playing JWP, Romeu, Yoshida, Gabbiadini etc and then brining in Redmond and Austin. We weren’t as bothered as them - Hughes was clearly desperate for a win as they need to kick start their league campaign.

We would have had Izzy, Balogun, Schelotto etc playing if it wasn’t for a mini injury crisis etc. They kicked it through their main prem striker - take it on the chin and be grateful you saw Bissouma play like that as he bossed it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty poor start to the season then. 3 losses out of 4. And only a win coming against comedy united

Give me strength :shootself:facepalm:

Wondering if you might be thinking about standing for election....council....parliament....we had another bloke on here....you seem to have the right phenotype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here