Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North Stand Chat featured on the Guardian

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He forgot to mention the binfests and the swivel eyed loons though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I understand [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION]'s somewhat bittersweet comment. However, if there is a glut of nutquackers attempting to register to spoil it all they will fall foul of the secret password test :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
First time I've read this as missed it in WSC.
Nicely done, Jem.

'Mostly older Albion fans', though? At 33, am I still one of the younger breed? That's both exciting and depressing in equal measure.
I hope this isn't a medium that's had its day. It doesn't feel like it is.

33? Child

Registered in 2003? Plastic

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
On reflection i was a little bit broad when i tried to capture NSC in 800 or 900 words. If i was doing it again i might have been a bit more nuanced about the age/gender profile of the users. Not all middle aged men !
Also something i ignored is how the political side of things (Trump, Corbyn, Brexit ) fuels a fair bit of engagement on some threads and probably makes the moderators jobs a bit harder.

You also, inexplicably, failed to mention the immeasurable and lasting impact that BG has on the site.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
33? Child

Registered in 2003? Plastic

:)
I started posting, from [MENTION=3761]El Turi[/MENTION]'s computer, back in 1998ish. In the days where you could add a different username next to every single post you made. That feature was never abused at all I'm sure.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting comment from SimonHat

"Hopefully 'Bozza' can find it in his heart to be more accommodating of rival club supporters in due course".

I've always felt that this forum is very tolerant of away fans. Not the trolls obviously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting comment from SimonHat

"Hopefully 'Bozza' can find it in his heart to be more accommodating of rival club supporters in due course".

I've always felt that this forum is very tolerant of away fans. Not the trolls obviously.

There was an away section at one point. It was just a mess. I think the way NSC works now is perfect. The numerous Palace and individual Burnley, Aldershot and other people are all perfectly decent (and the balance between earnest Palace posts and the torrant of mocking and abuse we give back is all understood by both sides, by and large).

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Really enjoyed reading that. I'd be lost without NSC's rich vein of information, advice and humour.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I read more than i post (as you can tell) but the family of NSC always amazes me.Funny,friendly and helpful.Long may it continue,thank you Bozza and moderators :albion2:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Huddersfield forum has a thread complimenting the article and also has a lovely quote about NSC.
Screenshot 2018-07-29 at 22.32.03.png
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/110046/north-stand-chat

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I don't go to other clubs' sites and presume their offerings are what NSC is to us - talking about stuff of interest in Manchester/London/Croydon etc etc. If not, I'm pretty sure that's partly down to the rough recent history that binds people who've had to fight against the odds together. I hope that NSC is successful in keeping these tales alive for new people on here.

Separately, I wonder if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has info on the age demographics of users here?

Even more separately, I'm grateful for the people here who've helped me find fantastic films and TV progs and music I would never else have come across.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Great article that really captures the essence of what makes NSC so bloody good.
See you back at 5 a side in Sept Jem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here