Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheapest way to Liverpool by train?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
£17.50 London Euston to Liverpool Lime street

£17.00 Liverpool lime street to London Euston

Total £34.50

However looking at trains from brighton that sunday morning and getting back looks like its bus replacement services between Three Bridges and East Croydon. Does anyone know anymore on this?

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood

Total £34.50

However looking at trains from brighton that sunday morning and getting back looks like its bus replacement services between Three Bridges and East Croydon. Does anyone know anymore on this?

What website has those prices?

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Grand Central are not part of ATOC as it was formed after the privatisation cut-off in the 1990s. I forgot this when I used them to go to 'that' Boro match in 2016. Luckily I had a decent member of staff to deal with and got to Sunderland without bother.
'Split my ticket' website shows a cheapest price from Brighton to Lime Street of a tad over £100 return

Grand Central are in the ATOC

https://accesrail.com/partners/atoc-association-of-train-operating-companies/

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I believe part of ATOC but not part of the priv/free travel arrangements

Correct, other TOCs would not agree reciprocal arrangements as they only run a few trains a day but bizarrely I believe Hull Trains is as I used my pass on them a few seasons back.

theboybilly

Total £34.50

Yes, thanks for the heads-up. Trains are disrupted between Brighton & Three Bridges until 9 o'clock that Sunday morning. I'll have to get the other 'alf to drive me to Gatwick and pick up the train from there.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I am trying to look at the cheapest way to get to and from liverpool by train. Completely missed the early virgin fares :wrong:

Has anyone found a cheap via anywhere else at all. Ive seen plenty of helpful tips before on here.

Any helpful suggestions?

Worth getting a friends and family railcard if you're going with friends. Costs £34 but mine has paid for itself many times over this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here