Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs fans...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
....singing -

'He only cost a mil, he's better than Uzil, we've got Dele Alli.'

Now I'm fully aware that Crystal Palace fans invented 98% of all football songs but did we nick this or have Spurs taken it from us?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
....singing -

'He only cost a mil, he's better than Uzil, we've got Dele Alli.'

Now I'm fully aware that Crystal Palace fans invented 98% of all football songs but did we nick this or have Spurs taken it from us?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Leicester sang it for knockaert several years ago, different words. Newcastle also had it a few years ago.

Then West Ham did it for payet and spurs copied, like we did. Many other teams sing it like Southampton for van djyk etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Spurs fans demanded the original from the Palace Ultras as a transfer fee for the Drummer at Selhurst who was a Spurs supporter,cos Palace had more songs than they could use,but no one intelligent enough to bang a drum.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I prefer 'he lives in Burgess Hill...' (No idea if he does mind you)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I believe the tune (as with the St Pauli one palace think they invented) was first sang in British football by Celtic for Paddy McCourt. West Ham did not invent it whatsoever. Also the Spurs one started about the same time as the Knocky one - YouTube is a good indicator and there's no vids of that prior to 8 months ago so don't think [MENTION=316]Albion Dan[/MENTION] is correct by saying they sang it before knockaert. As we know 99% of songs are generically copied - a reason SBTS is unique.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Leicester sung "please don't sell Knockaert"

And actually managed to come out with a different final line rather than just repeating the first (yes, it still really bugs me)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leicester sung "please don't sell Knockaert"

And actually managed to come out with a different final line rather than just repeating the first (yes, it still really bugs me)

They nicked that off Celtic. But yea you're right about the last line sounds shit and the original song doesn't repeat it...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
We don't invent songs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
There's no-one there there's no-one there

Build a bonfire?

We're ****ing brilliant

A few I can think of.

Man Utd have been singing build a bonfire for years.
Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Put the Scousers on the top,
Put the City in the middle,
And we'll burn the f*cking lot...

Sure we got we're f*cking brilliant from somewhere else , which leaves "there's no songs there, there's no songs there"

Hardly prolific is it???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We don't invent songs.

As a club we've never actually invented anything Mr B: We nicked the 'Albion' in our name, plus the blue and white stripes from West Brom, our nickname we got by adapting Palace's Eagles, we transfer in most of our players from other clubs, we nicked Sussex by the Sea from William Ward-Higgs, the name of our stadium we took from the company American Express. Hove Born and Bred is the only original thing we can lay claim to when you strip it down.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
There's no-one there there's no-one there

Build a bonfire?

We're ****ing brilliant

A few I can think of.

I've some bad news for you ....

Palace fans sang a version of 'Build a bonfire' before World War 2. After the 'build a bonfire' bit it went:
"Put the Arsenal on the top,
Tottenham Hotspur in the middle,
And then burn the bloomin' lot!"

The 'Clementine' tune's been used a lot by football fans. In the 1960s I remember singing at Brighton a version that enquired of the referee as to the whereabouts of his father.

EDIT: I've never heard another club do a version of "Molly Malone", (another Brighton song from the 1960s), although surely some must have done. Apart from GOSBTS that's the only song I can think of that I haven't heard some other club do some other version of at some other time.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here