Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Flights cancelled

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Flight back from Venice cancelled with EasyJet last night, with no flight rescheduled. Nothing initially to say why cancelled, but turns out it was fog at Gatwick.

Rebooked onto BA flight(£100) which was subsequently delayed again due to fog, and rearranged for 13.30 today. BA have put us up in hotel over night.

Hopefully I’ll make kick off.

Any experts out there on what if anything we can claim back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, haven't the foggiest

And yes, yes I will be disappointed with that post :down:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There is no compensation under EU rules for weather delays. The airline is only obliged to book you on a later flight, or give you a refund.

Whilst this is true experience with KLM/BA/AF over the last few years says otherwise.

Write to the airline with receipts of things like taxi fares, food bills and you will find them surprisingly compliant.

Got delayed in Amsterdam in 2015 on the way back from Kenya due to fog in the UK and they refunded all receipts submitted and gave us £250 KLM/AF vouchers which we used to go away the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst this is true experience with KLM/BA/AF over the last few years says otherwise.

Write to the airline with receipts of things like taxi fares, food bills and you will find them surprisingly compliant.

Got delayed in Amsterdam in 2015 on the way back from Kenya due to fog in the UK and they refunded all receipts submitted and gave us £250 KLM/AF vouchers which we used to go away the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think most are more generous than what they are legally obliged to provide. My daughter was offered accommodation by Easyjet in Edinburgh last night and a rebooking to this morning but that would have been too late.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having said that it is soon to get a lot worse on next year's holidays that's assuming they will even let us in, and assuming the aircraft actually takes off from blighty in the first place.

That's what happens when just over half the country don't care about those who take flights or holidays abroad

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
But we are better on the wings, that is plane to see.
We are definitely boeing to win tonight, because west ham are carrying a lot of baggage at the moment, I hope to get there on time but I may have to get a taxi to the stand.

Or a cab in?

I think our season will really take off tonight.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Having said that it is soon to get a lot worse on next year's holidays that's assuming they will even let us in, and assuming the aircraft actually takes off from blighty in the first place.

Why would they not let you in ? is tourism going to stop once we leave the EU .? I think Spain and a few other EU countries would have something to say about that ![/QUOTE]

Uhhhh uhhhhh (noise from Family Fortunes when a wrong answer is given).

Pick up a paper, mate.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Why would they not let you in ? is tourism going to stop once we leave the EU .? I think Spain and a few other EU countries would have something to say about that ![/QUOTE]

Untie your knickers.
I am aware it's a sensitive subject in here but it was very toungue in cheek, should have known better really.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I was meant to fly to Paris in August with easy jet. They cancelled about 40 odd planes mine being one of the last. All their staff had gone home as they could not cope. Left us to look for alternative flights which there were none. yes refunded my flight costs but not the hotel we had booked costs, not their fault as it was the weather. I was told that their planes do not fly to Paris then London all day but actually may fly to Paris , Paris to Berlin, Berlin to Madrid then Madrid to London before back to Paris. On a positive note My wife who paid for the hotel was able to claim subsequential costs via my credit card. The company gave her a full refund over £400. might be worth trying this.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
While talking of flights i'm gutted Monarch went bust as it was superior to Easyjet and my yearly flights to Turkey were cheap with great flying times. I didn't realize what good deals i was getting until it's gone.Such a shame BA took the slots.Rip off prices. Was hoping Wizz Air or Jet2 would snap them up

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
How do they determine a weather delay when one airline flys and the other doesn't? Or are Gatwick telling one they can fly and the other not?

All modern aircraft can land/take off in thick fog as long as the Airport has the right equipment, which Gatwick has......however in thick fog, getting to and from the runway from the gate is the biggest issue as that is mostly done by sight. Therefore ATC will reduce the number of movements primarily for that reason, hence why some planes fly and others are cancelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here