Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong & Rosenior

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need to sign a left back on 2nd January albeit 6 weeks too late. The only blot on TB and CH books not bringing one in sooner. That would have allowed LR to play right midfield.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We need to sign a left back on 2nd January albeit 6 weeks too late. The only blot on TB and CH books not bringing one in sooner.

There was no-one to get in the loan window. They said they tried...

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It amazes me how easy people seem to think signing a good quality player during the season is...

Most players of similar quality to Bong or Rosenior will be playing regular football, drop much lower in quality and we may as well keep Calderon who knows the players around him and understands what the manager wants..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How hard did they try as I am not convinced that there wasnt 1 single left back available that we could have got and CH always said he wasnt worried as he had LR and IC to fall back on.

You think they did not try hard with the position they were in ? They said at the time. Of course I am sure they could have got a LB, but given the money involved we'd only want quality that we could rely on. Maybe what was out there was only the same or marginally better than Chicksen ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How hard did they try as I am not convinced that there wasnt 1 single left back available that we could have got and CH always said he wasnt worried as he had LR and IC to fall back on.

It's dead easy being a football manager or chairman isn't it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that CH continually said he was trying to sign a left back but WASNT WORRIED COS WE HAD ROSENIOR and CALDERON. So I wonder if he tried as hard as he would had they not been available as an alternative.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My point is that CH continually said he was trying to sign a left back but WASNT WORRIED COS WE HAD ROSENIOR and CALDERON. So I wonder if he tried as hard as he would had they not been available as an alternative.

Of course he didn't. Predicting that all your left back options will get crocked is not that easy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
LR was never a good option long term as we needed him and subsequently missed him in midfield and Calderon was not a realistic option either due to his lack of speed. As I have said I think that was CH big mistake this season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Or maybe saying he wasn't worried was a better point of view to put out for public consumption than a panicked 'we desperately need a left back, we will gladly be held to ransom over percentage of wages we'd be willing to cover for a decent loan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or maybe saying he wasn't worried was a better point of view to put out for public consumption than a panicked 'we desperately need a left back, we will gladly be held to ransom over percentage of wages we'd be willing to cover for a decent loan

Possibly but for whatever reason and how hard he tried the fact is not bringing in a left back has proved to be costly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
LR was never a good option long term as we needed him and subsequently rrrrrmissed him in midfield and Calderon was not a realistic option either due to his lack of speed. As I have said I think that was CH big mistake this season.

How sure are you that this was his mistake?
He could be being very loyal to the recruitment team who were unable to sign a suitable player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think anyone takes [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] seriously at all, this is after all, a guy who wished someone become the victim of a peodophile

:wanker:

I never wished rhat on anybody it just came across like that as a misrepresentation and has been explained many times.

Can anybody deny not signing a left back wasnt a mistake for whatever reason.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:wanker:

I never wished rhat on anybody it just came across like that as a misrepresentation.

Can anybody deny not signing a left back wasnt a mistake for whatever reason.
One reason may be that none were available that CH or the team thought were right for the squad or good enough. In which case it's not a 'mistake' is it?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't deny it's a disappointment. I think mistake is the wrong word to use. A mistake would be signing one that was the left back equivalent of Leon best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here