Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
WE might not get the Ulloa money for ages, it might even be in instalments

I don't know but would be surprised its not mostly upfront. I would imagine TB would be most insistent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't know but would be surprised its not mostly upfront. I would imagine TB would be most insistent.

Cannot see TB saying to Leicester , yeah that's cool we'll let you take out the easy instalments option plan over 4 years with 0% APR.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Cannot see TB saying to Leicester , yeah that's cool we'll let you take out the easy instalments option plan over 4 years with 0% APR.

It has been mentioned a few times that when buying we have paid upfront and it is apparent that that is how TB likes to do his business so when selling he would expect the same.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading the Argus this morning, it seems like Hyypia is already starting to get disillusioned with the clubs recruitment policy.
The quote is just from his interview, which you can see on player. He doesn't look at all disillusioned.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I wonder if TB isn't taking the "Barry Hearn" approach to Albion, puting in loads for the infrastructure, but not getting an expensive squad in case they actually get into the Premiership with all the masive player contract costs that would involve.

So many other clubs have done the reverse and paid for it. Better to have a youth system in place than a few more mercenaries.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yet another Albion bed wetter to add to the list, I doubt the money for Ulloa has even hit the bank yet.

Isnt it just possible we have been waiting for that deal to happen before finalising deals or indeed going after better targets now we have more funds...
Kudos for using that awesome phrase, nothing says "ignore this post" more than when someone starts trotting out the bed wetter line.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My direct experience of football transfers is that the full agreed up-front fee is paid on the day the transfer is completed, unless something else is agreed obviously.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Last season Oscar kept his frustrations to himself until he quit, but that is quite unique for a manager. So it will be interesting to see how Sami deals with the same issues if we don’t get the players in.

Bloom is playing this the way he feels comfortable but it could be a double edged sword because the only way we draw players in is if we show to them the desire of getting other players in. As it stands at the moment it looks like an imbalance of what the club wants and what potential players want, so if they are just coming here to hold the fort in the Championship for the next couple of years, it doesn’t look like we are an attractive proposition for them.

I think as far as being a supporter of the club is concerned, it is difficult to go into this season thinking that this one will be our year, but it is good to understand the reality rather than live on hope. However that said if reality takes over hope, the motivation of going to the Amex will lessen, because the support is based on the belief of the clubs ambition.

If we are to understand that the club is happy to spend the next two or three years consolidating, maybe the fans will decide to give it a miss for the next two or three seasons as well. The support that the club has had, could not have been better since arriving at the Amex, but I am not too sure that they appreciate that they could lose this, whilst happily watching fans hand over their cash, because 25,000 fans handing over £19m, hard earned cash, to the club collectively over all home matches should not be taken lightly.

£19m is probably the equivalent to a million hours of work for the average person and the club has to take this seriously, because it almost looks like that they are a charity with fans volunteering for unpaid work to keep the club stable.

Further to that, just patching up a squad in the Championship is a hard road to sustain, whereas dropping down a division and rebuilding from scratch maybe a quicker ride to the Prem. Wolves are looking better after dropping down, and Bournemouth came up strong the season before. I suspect that we will finish below both of these teams. And let us not forget that Southampton dropped to League One after building their new stadium and state of the art Academy.

Dropping down a division would mean we could be an ambitious League one outfit, not an unambitious Championship club. I think this could be a quicker route to the Prem.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Totally irrelevant as fans are not paid to negotiate transfers.

I should hope not, going by some of the ill-informed opinions that there are around. I copied the tweet merely as an illustration that Ian Burke is capable of being as frustrated as the rest of us, probably with things not in his control.
Only his employer can decide whether he is doing a good job or not. The rest can only criticise, because there is never any noticeable praise.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I should hope not, going by some of the ill-informed opinions that there are around. I copied the tweet merely as an illustration that Ian Burke is capable of being as frustrated as the rest of us, probably with things not in his control.
Only his employer can decide whether he is doing a good job or not. The rest can only criticise, because there is never any noticeable praise.

Is Ian Burke related to David Burke ? ???

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was only January we didn't like doing deals? :lolol:

We've needed a new GK, Winger, LB and ST for months now. The constant "FFS It's only June!" calls have turned into "FFS It's only July!", and now we're a week away from it being "FFS It's only August!"

As I see it we've signed a Barnes replaces (who left in January..) and an Upson replacement. Another winger would be nice, but we desperately need a LB, a GK and a ST. Even if we do get a squad together the lack of a decent, coherent pre-season is not ideal.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Come on Sami is not frustrated with the club, if he is frustrated it would be with the transfer system and getting the targets he and club feel are worth perusing.I would also imagine if these targets are any good then we will not be the only ones perusing them which would result in the "frustration".

Sami is not frustrated with the club, he is looking forward to a fresh and exciting chapter in his and the clubs future, and so should we....

Stop looking for problems, life is full of them and this is not one of them.

Of course he is frustrated. Look back at his first interview, what did he say his first priority was? To bring in some quality signings quickly, just as pre-season starts. That hasnt happened. Some clubs have done so, but we havent. He is now the 3rd straight manager/coach to be frustrated with all this.

Our transfer window management has been poor for a very long time. Anyone who cannot see that really must have blue tinted glasses. Its a problem that needs to be fixed, it doesnt seem to be getting any better.

We are woefully short of players at present. Yes, that could all change with six new signings in two weeks but a large proportion of NSC will more than likely forget that even if those signings are announced, they will all have been lacking a pre-season to settle in. I simply do not understand the clubs transfer policy. The staff and fans have known for some time now this squad needs serious re-building and the club have had more than enough time to act.

Personally I have lost faith in our transfer policy, resoundingly down to the fact it has weakened our squad considerably and left a new manager with a 1/3 of a pre-season left to assemble a squad of players that 26,000 plus well paying fans will no doubt expect to see challenge for the top six.

Of course he is frustrated. Look back at his first interview, what did he say his first priority was? To bring in some quality signings quickly, just as pre-season starts. That hasnt happened. Some clubs have done so, but we havent. He is now the 3rd straight manager/coach to be frustrated with all this.

Our transfer window management has been poor for a very long time. Anyone who cannot see that really must have blue tinted glasses. Its a problem that needs to be fixed, it doesnt seem to be getting any better.

The most frustrating thing for me is that those people seeing things through 'blue tinted glasses' will still fully expect the current crop of players to challenge at the top.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are woefully short of players at present. Yes, that could all change with six new signings in two weeks but a large proportion of NSC will more than likely forget that even if those signings are announced, they will all have been lacking a pre-season to settle in. I simply do not understand the clubs transfer policy. The staff and fans have known for some time now this squad needs serious re-building and the club have had more than enough time to act.

Personally I have lost faith in our transfer policy, resoundingly down to the fact it has weakened our squad considerably and left a new manager with a 1/3 of a pre-season left to assemble a squad of players that 26,000 plus well paying fans will no doubt expect to see challenge for the top six.

Piss poor management some might say. I find it very hard to reconcile our transfer policy with the word "ambition", which is frequently spouted but little evidenced at least when it comes to signing decent quality players. If our finances are poor and we have little money to sign any players why doesn't the club just say so? I could cope with that. But it's no good raising the hopes of supporters in terms of the possibility of signings only to dash them again. Funnily enough, we always seem to find it easier to sell players.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The most frustrating thing for me is that those people seeing things through 'blue tinted glasses' will still fully expect the current crop of players to challenge at the top.

No chance of this whatsoever.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Will they? I'd think that most people would have realistic expectations of where we finish - it'll be the bedwetters that expect us to spank each team 5-0 if we ever dare to have a poor result.

After the topsy-turvey state of our management over the past few years, I don't expect anything from the Albion now. If we do well and get promotion then that's awesome. If not, then we'll go again next time.

Anyway, as for Sami being 'frustrated', i'll believe it when i see more convincing evidence or hear it from the man himself.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Indeed. I didn't think we'd make the top 6 last season - we did with a fantastic Ulloa effort in the last game. This season? No chance.

Luckily I think think of a few clubs that will really struggle this season, midtable beckons, a few injuries to key (already woefully under equipped) areas and we're in for a rough ride.

A few decent addition could change all of that, that's how close a balance the championship is..

Three managers on the bounce now complaining about our transfer policy.. Something is very wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here