Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic hammered by PSG

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Makes me chuckle how some of their fans reckon they'd be a top table Premier League side if allowed to play in England - they probably wouldn't manage top 6 in the Championship most years:lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Makes me chuckle how some of their fans reckon they'd be a top table Premier League side if allowed to play in England - they probably wouldn't manage top 6 in the Championship most years:lolol:
Yes- but 100M TV money plus 60k home gates would mean they probably would.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016

Fair point, although both West Ham and Newcastle's stadiums hold in excess of 50k, yet both have had found the going difficult in the PL at certain points over the last 24 months (albeit partially due to extenuating circumstances). My point about celtic struggling to get a championship playoff place is nonsensical b*llocks tbf - but nevertheless, it's quite amusing when certain Celtic fans insinuate that they could move seamlessly from fixtures vs the likes of the mighty Hamilton Accies + Ross County, to challenging the top 7 for European spots in one of the most competitive divisions in world football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right, so they're saying that if they got the money that clubs in the PL got, then they could spend more on players and have a better team than they have and be able to compete in the PL? Ok. They still wouldn't be competing near the top though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1f421593da99d1e4de82921ff24ffd6b.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even more serious for the club a home team fan runs onto the pitch and aims a kick at a PSG player.

Closer than most of their players got to PSG last night...

Celtic's winning margin last season showed one of two things, either they were great, or the SPL as a competition has reached a new low. I think we all know which it is.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I don't really get why they have such small leagues and play each other so many times up there. Just combine 2 leagues and make it a bit more interesting.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Makes no difference whatsoever in the modern game. It's about global pull, not local. Newcastle are a huge club locally but a tiny one globally.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Home game either to be played behind closed doors, or at least 250 miles away from Glasgow

Make them a play it at Ibrox and wear blue shirts more suitable punishment I think. [emoji23]

Interestingly looked like the supporter missed the player, so aimed a kick is about right, just a poor aim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I don't even like seeing debate on this matter, let alone the thought of seeing those two clubs playing in the English League.

And their moronic supporters.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd love to see Celtic made to play behind closed doors.
Every club has morons among its fanbase and this sort of stupidity spreads like wildfire.
The authorities need to be more than strong to prevent even a hint of a return to the 70's.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Fair point, although both West Ham and Newcastle's stadiums hold in excess of 50k, yet both have had found the going difficult in the PL at certain points over the last 24 months (albeit partially due to extenuating circumstances). My point about celtic struggling to get a championship playoff place is nonsensical b*llocks tbf - but nevertheless, it's quite amusing when certain Celtic fans insinuate that they could move seamlessly from fixtures vs the likes of the mighty Hamilton Accies + Ross County, to challenging the top 7 for European spots in one of the most competitive divisions in world football.

Oi! There's nowt wrong with the Accies!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here