Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone start a Hastings is a great place to live thread please

So come on, why do you say it's a run down shithole?

It's easy to say that in the same way it's easy to say such-and-such a player is crap.

Why?

And if it is, why do lots of people live there?

I'm interested in your opinion, or, to be more precise, why you have that opinion?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have you not been and seen for yourself? Is Cadiz so bad it makes Hastings looks good to you?

Of course people live there, just like people live in Dagenham, another dump.

Of all the places in Sussex to pick why in gods name would you pick the armpit of Sussex?

Maybe a crumbling seafront look is your thing? It's up to you of course, maybe it's your sort of place but I think it's a pit.

Just my opinion of course

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
So come on, why do you say it's a run down shithole?

It's easy to say that in the same way it's easy to say such-and-such a player is crap.

Why?

And if it is, why do lots of people live there?

I'm interested in your opinion, or, to be more precise, why you have that opinion?

He's talking out his arse. Of course there are some run down places but in general it's a great place to live. Road / rail network could be better, but that is improving (only 60mins to Amex on train), at least it's got plenty of character and history.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Cadiz,I presume your moving to Hastings for personal reasons,someone who lives local and can guide you to the right area

any town,even Eastbourne has iffy areas

searching for property online isn't a good idea

but I'm guessing you know all this already

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I spent a few days in Cadiz a few years ago and was well impressed. Can't you get a flat there? I bet the fish market and certainly the manzanilla is a lot better than in Hastings.
If you do make the move, please bring some mojama de atun back - its impossible to buy in Brighton or London, never mind Hastings.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hastings has areas known as Mount Pleasant and Bohemia. Nothing pleasant or bohemian about much of Hastings.

What utter nonsense. I have been here for 11 years and love the place. Yes, it is run down in parts, and there are very questionable characters here, but is that not true of most towns? I live about 400 metres from Bohemia Road, and it is the older part, but there is nothing wrong with it. You do get far more for your money than elsewhere in Sussex, and the scenery around is wonderful. Transport to the town is not good, as the roads do get busy, but the route to the Amex has now become £5.00 cheaper, as you only need to pay for train travel to Eastbourne now. The town centre has all you need, though most folk say shopping is better in Eastbourne. You are one hour closer than Brighton to Dover. Hastings has so much history and character -you will love the Old Town and of course a visit to Rye is a must. As Quinney has rightly pointed out -there is so much going on here, which did come as surprise to me, when we moved here.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
It's a run down shithole.

Sorry you're moving there

Rubbish ....
Having lived here since the 60s After years in the doledrums Hastings is on the up ....
When was the last time you came to Hastings and out of interest where do you live thats so great .. all towns have their pluses and minuses !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hastings has areas known as Mount Pleasant and Bohemia. Nothing pleasant or bohemian about much of Hastings.

Not sure if it's still there, but I was told about a block of flats in Hastings called Bath Court, most of the residents spent more time in the latter than the former. :)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not sure if it's still there, but I was told about a block of flats in Hastings called Bath Court, most of the residents spent more time in the latter than the former. :)

Never heard of it in Hastings, there is a Bath Court in Hove, but that wouldn't have fitted the thread.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When the kids were young we used to go to Hastings and I remember it as fairly seedy. But i spent a few days there a couple of months back and I thought it had improved a lot. The old town was good, there seems to be a fair amount going on in the community, beer festivals, markets, that sort of thing.

The hard fact is property prices are cheaper there than anywhere else on the coast. I can get a 2 bed flat on or very near the sefront for the price of a 1 bed in Seaford or Worthing not on the front.

Yes, the pier burned down but as I understand it the locals clubbed together and raised enough money to rebuild it - more than the people of Brighton and Hove did http://www.hpcharity.co.uk/

Watch out for those 2 bed flats where the second bedroom can only accomodate a small cot or be used as a study.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never heard of it in Hastings, there is a Bath Court in Hove, but that wouldn't have fitted the thread.

:)
The joke wouldn't have worked about the Bath Court in Hove, that block is quite nice.
There is a part of Newhaven that should have a Bath Court :moo:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What utter nonsense. I have been here for 11 years and love the place....

oh you tried, but have to say the barrel is being scraped when highlights are the cost of getting out, shopping in Eastbourne or visting Rye :lolol: i say live in Rye or Eastbourne and visit Hastings Old Town.

you will get more for your money house wise though, need to avoid the chavs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here