• Out

Votes: 115 43.2%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 22 8.3%

• Total voters

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Take your head out of the sand. The club is broken and is being run badly.

Yeah by Sami ****ing Hyypia. There is no value in sacking everyone, Burke is an argument, I'm not sure without more facts, budget, remit etc but Barber's job is to cut costs and increase income. He has achieved both, I'm not too keen on PLR or being called a customer but that is just marketing guff and means nothing.
We need to improve on the pitch and quickly, changing the entire Management structure of the club halfway through a season would be plain bloody stupid...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barber IN , Burke and Sami OUT

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think Barber has too much control of our club and is potentially ruining our chances of attracting a decent manager. I actually wish Poyet was still here and Barber was long gone. We need employees with passionate hearts + football brains, not sure Barber is either of these?

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I can't define it but my suspicion is this man causes most of the problems involved with the club. He's just too corporate for my liking and believe he sees the football as an inconveiniance to hamper his mission to make BHA Plc more profitable.
I have a good friend who is a Spurs fan and they have nothing good to say about the guy. His treatment of the local businesses who supported the Albion during the dark days has left many wondering what direction the club is going

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where do you understand that from?

And does that understanding include a delegation of the responsibilities of first team squad performance and player recruitment (from TB to PB)?

A salary of £480k does not suggest a low grade CEO role. It suggests a near total power and control of the organisation.

I know CEO's who are paid half of that for companies much larger than BHAFC

He is therefore either overpaid or has a typical CEO remit, the control of the company. Shareholders will still make some of the key decisions, but he is still running the company, and he is accountable to the shareholders for any under performance.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leicester have just announced their DoF has been sacked , of the 10 signings made in the summer only 3 of them were in the starting 11 yesterday.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Third managerial crisis in 18 months !!! for goodness sake. A poor working atmosphere at the club. In my opinion, not the kind of guy who fits the Albion. Fully understand why Brown had to go - he couldn't make the jump in class from managing a bigger operation - but Barber grates on me - and still I pass 15 stewards in 30 metres telling how to walk / drive to the stadium. Fans are fans, and not customers - and they'll all be here long after Barber has disappeared to his next victim. His programme pontifications incuding telling the contributors to NSC how to react and behave are frankly ridiculous. Get out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Third managerial crisis in 18 months !!! for goodness sake. A poor working atmosphere at the club. In my opinion, not the kind of guy who fits the Albion. Fully understand why Brown had to go - he couldn't make the jump in class from managing a bigger operation - but Barber grates on me - and still I pass 15 stewards in 30 metres telling how to walk / drive to the stadium. Fans are fans, and not customers - and they'll all be here long after Barber has disappeared to his next victim. His programme pontifications incuding telling the contributors to NSC how to react and behave are frankly ridiculous. Get out.

Well put.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A salary of £480k does not suggests a low grade CEO role. It suggests a near total power and control of the organisation.

He is therefore either overpaid or has a typical CEO remit, the control of the company. Shareholders will still make some of the key decisions, but he is still running the company, and he is accountable to the shareholders for any under performance.

His basic salary plus bonuses equals £480k , without achieving the cost reductions needed within the club and bringing in new sponsorship deals he would have been paid the same as other CEOs.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Yeah by Sami ****ing Hyypia. There is no value in sacking everyone, Burke is an argument, I'm not sure without more facts, budget, remit etc but Barber's job is to cut costs and increase income. He has achieved both, I'm not too keen on PLR or being called a customer but that is just marketing guff and means nothing.
We need to improve on the pitch and quickly, changing the entire Management structure of the club halfway through a season would be plain bloody stupid...

Strewth, you are bang on there! It would be foolhardy and very likely to get us relegated...Oh, hang on...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His basic salary plus bonuses equals £480k , without achieving the cost reductions needed within the club and bringing in new sponsorship deals he would have been paid the same as other CEOs.

480 still seems very high for the size of the business he runs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

And that in itself says quite a lot. Where's the long term plan in bonusing someone on one years profit/loss?

Easy to improve profit in one year, harder to make sure that by doing so you don't compromise the medium and long term.

A salary of £480k does not suggest a low grade CEO role. It suggests a near total power and control of the organisation.

Isn't the majority of that £480K remuneration bonus related?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

So, as ever on this subject, you are just guessing. Understood.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And that in itself says quite a lot. Where's the long term plan in bonusing someone on one years profit/loss?

Easy to improve profit in one year, harder to make sure that by doing so you don't compromise the medium and long term.

If I remember correctly a lot of the sponsorship deals in place when Barber became CEO were due for renegotiation with some of them still on League 1 rates from the Withdean era. He also brought in new sponsors and partnership deals. If he is bringing in money to the club why shouldn't he be incentivised by way of commission ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If I remember correctly a lot of the sponsorship deals in place when Barber became CEO were due for renegotiation with some of them still on League 1 rates from the Withdean era. He also brought in new sponsors and partnership deals. If he is bringing in money to the club why shouldn't he be incentivised by way of commission ?

This is similar to the banks, every one of say, RBS employees is either making money for or supporting the staff making money, for the bank. However the big bonuses are always paid to the top people who are already heavily remunerated for the " difficult " jobs they do. It's obscene that the girl cashier in the Natwest in Broadwater, however hardworking gets a pittance of a bonus ,if any, compared with the upper echelon which have only recently had their " Bonus " capped at a miserly 100% of salary !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here