Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where would we be if....

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
First thread...

If we'd shown up to the playoffs and taken Palace and Watford respectively taking us to the Premier League where do you think we would be?

Looking at all the promoted sides occupying varied positions currently, what do you think would of happened to us. Would our infrastructure have been ready to support us? Would Gus have stayed? Would we have invested more heavily to give us a chance or would have Barber of had other ideas? Or would we purely just be enjoying the ride?

I know it's hard to answer but I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought especially seeing Palace being written off early doors and now in a very healthy league position as are Hull. Cardiff on the other hand........

Thoughts please.....

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Where would we be if Slade hadn't of kept us up?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
And what about Stevie Gritt in 97?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Champions League, obviously.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FA Cup finalists v Arsenal, and hence qualified for Europe.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In the relegation zone :shrug:

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Isn't it down to the FA to nominate which clubs qualify? IF Arsenal finish 5th and ManUre somehow finish 6th, then Arsenal go on to win the FA Cup, I wouldn't put it past the FA to say that Arsenal qualify as cup winners and ManUre qualify from the league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't it down to the FA to nominate which clubs qualify? IF Arsenal finish 5th and ManUre somehow finish 6th, then Arsenal go on to win the FA Cup, I wouldn't put it past the FA to say that Arsenal qualify as cup winners and ManUre qualify from the league.

Didn't think they could do this. Pretty sure Hull have qualified.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
The Premier League website says:
There are three places in the UEFA Europa League available: the FA Cup winners will enter at the Group Stage; the fifth place team in the Barclays Premier League will enter at the Play-Off stage; and the Football League Cup winners will enter at the Q3 stage.
In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

I think that leaves the possible scenario of Arsenal finishing 5th and winning the FA Cup open to interpretation. It only states that the runners-up qualify if the winners have qualified for the Champions League.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Digging deeper on the Premier League site:

The FA Cup adds another layer of possibilities. If Arsenal beat Hull City in the 17 May final and finish fourth they will qualify for the UEFA Champions League and Steve Bruce’s side will enter the UEFA Europa League as runners-up. However, if the Gunners win the FA Cup and finish outside of the top four they will enter the group stage of the UEFA Europa League as FA Cup winners and an extra place will go to the club who finish seventh in the Barclays Premier League.

I think they mean 6th place in their last sentence though.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Further correcting myself, Man City won the league cup so this scenario means 7th placed United would qualify for Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here