Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway Will Join This Week......or not

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Depends if we were going to purchase him or get him in the loan window?

Good point. We may well prefer a loan with him being out of contract in the summer, but would Cardiff go for that?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Depends if we were going to purchase him or get him in the loan window?

If we were going to sign Conway surely we'd want to complete the transfer inside the window (be it a loan move or a perm signing).

If we loan Conway before the window closes we can get him until the end of the season including the play offs. If we only go for a loan deal once the loan window re-opens we can only sign him for a maximum of 93 days, meaning we'd have to wait until 21st of Feb to sign him if we wanted him available for the play offs. If that was the case he'd miss at least 3 league games (4 in reality as we'd be waiting for International clearance) as well as the FA Cup against Hull.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
IF Conway does sign, will the Welsh FA still take 4 years to clear him to play or will it be quicker as he's already done the same move very recently?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Good point. We may well prefer a loan with him being out of contract in the summer, but would Cardiff go for that?

I don't know, I was really just pointing out that when this window closes another one opens. Not necessarilly specific to Conway but what doesn't happen now doesn't mean no incoming movement after the 31st.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know, I was really just pointing out that when this window closes another one opens. Not necessarilly specific to Conway but what doesn't happen now doesn't mean no incoming movement after the 31st.

I think Cardiff would want it to be permanent with money from us. Blackburn also allegedly interested.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Munchkins' silence re an update, despite being repeatedly asked (on other threads too) suggest it was an educated guess for sure. Of course, we all knew we'd try for Conway and the windows closes Friday!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Conway, Stephens and Rodriguez, all attacking players. Oh my
And we haven't signed any of them.
Munchkins' silence re an update, despite being repeatedly asked (on other threads too) suggest it was an educated guess for sure.
He said it was a reliable source. The same reliable source that said the Grabban deal had been signed - not that we were in talks with him (which we all knew), but that the deal had completed, as at 7pm on that Friday evening. I get the feeling that Munchkin and I have a very different understanding of the term 'reliable source'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cheer up you miserable bar steward
Don't tell me you've not been a little worried this last week or two?

I'm no bed-wetter (I've been and checked), and I'll be fine if we don't sign a single player. I feel lucky that we've got our ground, and would be happy if we had to break even each year, and battle around the middle of the table. The fact that our owner has been willing to fund an £8m loss each year (on top of building us a home) makes this ride feel like a dream still. But given that TB is funding that, and that our aim is to get to the top division, I am a little worried that we haven't signed anyone yet. Transfer window time is always a bit stressful until you sign someone good, particularly when you've let a couple of decent players go already.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don't tell me you've not been a little worried this last week or two?

I'm no bed-wetter (I've been and checked), and I'll be fine if we don't sign a single player. I feel lucky that we've got our ground, and would be happy if we had to break even each year, and battle around the middle of the table. The fact that our owner has been willing to fund an £8m loss each year (on top of building us a home) makes this ride feel like a dream still. But given that TB is funding that, and that our aim is to get to the top division, I am a little worried that we haven't signed anyone yet. Transfer window time is always a bit stressful until you sign someone good, particularly when you've let a couple of decent players go already.

I have been worried, and early in the window I was quite vocal about it and I took quite a bit of stick about it. Now the window draws to a conclusion and we haven't actually announced a signing yet I'm not as concerned, the club are clearly working hard to get some bodies through the door and I really believe we will get some good players.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have been worried, and early in the window I was quite vocal about it and I took quite a bit of stick about it. Now the window draws to a conclusion and we haven't actually announced a signing yet I'm not as concerned
I think you've got it all arse about face. I wasn't worried at the start, I believe in our club to do their best. I'm only worried now, as despite (what I'm sure are) the boards best efforts, things don't always go to plan. We tried to sign Grabban, we offered Barnes a new contract, and we didn't want Bridcutt to put in a transfer request, and we can't guarantee the new targets will actually sign.

the club are clearly working hard to get some bodies through the door
Of course, but I always knew they would. The only worry is whether it's successful.
I really believe we will get some good players.
I hope you're right. But until it's confirmed, I'm going have a stressful 32 hours.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think you've got it all arse about face. I wasn't worried at the start, I believe in our club to do their best. I'm only worried now, as despite (what I'm sure are) the boards best efforts, things don't always go to plan. We tried to sign Grabban, we offered Barnes a new contract, and we didn't want Bridcutt to put in a transfer request, and we can't guarantee the new targets will actually sign.

I do seem to have gone against the grain during this particular window, I'll admit that :lol:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Munchkins' silence re an update, despite being repeatedly asked (on other threads too) suggest it was an educated guess for sure. Of course, we all knew we'd try for Conway and the windows closes Friday!

Still here and still informed the deal will go ahead, as per my original post the transfer is dependant on Zaha's loan to Cardiff hence the delay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here