Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nintendo Switch

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I like what they've done, the whole console/portable hybrid thing is interesting and you have to applaud the big N for innovation yet again.

Don't think I'll bother though having just done all my readies on PSVR.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is my feeling. I've currently got an Xbox One and could get a PS4 with a couple of game shots for £200. I just think they've massively overpriced it, especially when Zelda is going to demand another £60 on top.

I would have been in at £250 but that price pushes it over the edge for me, well that and I have a ps4 and a pc that I barely use.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I would have been in at £250 but that price pushes it over the edge for me, well that and I have a ps4 and a pc that I barely use.

That's the key isn't it. It's got to be affordable for all if they don't want it to be exclusive to only hardcore gamers.

I love gaming, but get less and less time now, so £300+ just seems excessively to me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
consoles always come out priced high, and always drop for the first Christmas period, so it looks cheap. its almost as if they know what they're doing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
consoles always come out priced high, and always drop for the first Christmas period, so it looks cheap. its almost as if they know what they're doing.

Less so with Nintendo consoles. Which is one of the reasons why they've dropped behind in the market.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So, a year or so on and the amazing Switch is the fastest selling console of ALL TIME (in US and Japan, at least).

And now this for kids. Genius.

[tweet]953748834437517312[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, a year or so on and the amazing Switch is the fastest selling console of ALL TIME (in US and Japan, at least).

And now this for kids. Genius.

[tweet]953748834437517312[/tweet]

Released in the US on 20th April for $69 for the variety kit and $79 for the standalone robot kit. Presumably pretty much the same price in Sterling.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So has anyone got one of these?

Im currently looking at upgrading my xbox 360, can't decide between the xbox one and the ps4, should i consider a switch?

I might answer my own question here in that the portability aspect of it is of pretty much zero interest to me, also although i have other games, 90% of the time it's just fifa

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Im currently looking at upgrading my xbox 360, can't decide between the xbox one and the ps4, should i consider a switch?

I might answer my own question here in that the portability aspect of it is of pretty much zero interest to me, also although i have other games, 90% of the time it's just fifa

I have an Xbox and a Switch. I still play my Xbox (currently on Assassin's Creed: Origins which is superb, by the way) but I adore the Switch. The main games I've played are Zelda (finished twice and will probably do again) and Super Mario Odyssey and both as in the top 10 games I've ever played. My only complaint is that there still a slight lack of depth in terms of full game releases.

I have however, had great fun downloading and playing Shovel Knight and Super Meat Boy for £20 combined. Two top drawer retro platformers that are easy to pick up and put down.

As a final note, the big, (and I can't overstate this) BIG benefit for me is the ability to disconnect/connect from the docking station and TV. It's utterly seamless and means that if I'm ever turfed off the TV or want to play while the footy is on, I can carry on playing with no disruption at all.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I wouldn't buy a Switch to play Fifa. It's sub-par by all accounts.

Re: portability. Even if you don't take it out and about, it's great having the option to play on a table (with controllers detached) so, for example, you can also keep an eye on TV.

Looks great on TV too, of course. Four-player split-screen Mario Kart is mighty fine.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

If it's just FIFA and no portability, then go Xbox 1 or PS4.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I have an Xbox and a Switch. I still play my Xbox (currently on Assassin's Creed: Origins which is superb, by the way) but I adore the Switch. The main games I've played are Zelda (finished twice and will probably do again) and Super Mario Odyssey and both as in the top 10 games I've ever played. My only complaint is that there still a slight lack of depth in terms of full game releases.

I have however, had great fun downloading and playing Shovel Knight and Super Meat Boy for £20 combined. Two top drawer retro platformers that are easy to pick up and put down.

As a final note, the big, (and I can't overstate this) BIG benefit for me is the ability to disconnect/connect from the docking station and TV. It's utterly seamless and means that if I'm ever turfed off the TV or want to play while the footy is on, I can carry on playing with no disruption at all.

I wouldn't buy a Switch to play Fifa. It's sub-par by all accounts.

Re: portability. Even if you don't take it out and about, it's great having the option to play on a table (with controllers detached) so, for example, you can also keep an eye on TV.

Looks great on TV too, of course. Four-player split-screen Mario Kart is mighty fine.

Thanks for the replies guys, i live on my own, so no hassles with sharing the tv, like i said i mainly play fifa, career mode is just to addictive and time consuming for anything else to get a look in :lol: although Assasins Creed, any of them, do get a go every now and again, ive no need for on line capabilities either. Im what i would describe as a selfish gamer, i like to disappear into my own little bubble and curse and swear at the tv, rather than get beat by some spotty 11 year old, who's far better at these games than me.

I would stick with the 360 tbh, still playing fifa 17 too btw, but im seriously impressed with the graphics on fifa 18, and want to play the journey mode, which you cant do on the 360.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I have a Switch and PS4. Both phenomenal consoles with longevity. I expect both to be relevant for years to come. Personally loving Odyssey on the Switch and Overwatch on the PS4. Odyssey easily one of the best games I’ve ever played. Only issue I have with the switch are the controllers, which when playing with friends get uncomfortable to use after an hour or so. You can get a pro controller, but I don’t see the point in getting it yet. Probably will when I have more games to play on the Switch.

If you like FIFA and FPS games, and can only afford 1 console, stick on Xbox / PS4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here