Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Toko Ekambi

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Here's a different one: how many strikers from the bottom half of the PL have scored more goals than Murray this season?

exactly, none.

The danger is we fork out on a new striker, he doesnt hit the ground running and because of the fee paid, Chris is compelled to keep him in the team hoping he finds his feet.

In the meantime Glenn has to sit out games and we start to lose matches we would have won earlier in the season.

Maybe we are where we are because we didnt sign a striker?

In my opinion our midfield is at fault for not chipping in more.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
exactly, none.

The danger is we fork out on a new striker, he doesnt hit the ground running and because of the fee paid, Chris is compelled to keep him in the team hoping he finds his feet.

In the meantime Glenn has to sit out games and we start to lose matches we would have won earlier in the season.

To some extent I think you're right. I don't think Dale or Solly have been particularly impressive this season so far.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
exactly, none.

Hmmm... nobody is saying just sign any old striker... we are all saying sign a striker better than we have got, so I disagree, although agree there is always a risk...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
exactly, none.

You could add to that 2 centre backs ...we have a problem conceding at set pieces ...but D&D should by now have converted a few corners at the other end!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You could add to that 2 centre backs ...we have a problem conceding at set pieces ...but D&D should by now have converted a few corners at the other end!

Exactly just look how many Cook scores, albeit in an attack minded team

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
The question is what if Hemed/Murray etc. gets injured and out until June? Fact is we are light on a striker and need someone in to ultimately take over from Murray. Will Murray even be first choice next season in the EPL?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A player who has never scored more than 14 goals in a full season, even in the French 2nd division, is supposedly worth more than £16m if you are a PL club. :mad:

10 goals this season in 19 appearances is obviously a superb return in Ligue 1, and perhaps he's found himself as he reaches 25 yrs old, but blimey, if plan Bs and plan Cs are £16m+ no wonder it is tough to get a deal for a striker through...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
West Bromwich?

I refused yesterday an offer of 14 million euros, " had confessed the President Angevin, Said Chabane, West-France . According to our information, the SCO has refused a proposal of 16 million euros from another English team, whose name has not filtered. Recently, West Bromwich Albion was interested in his profile

That says to me there are two clubs bidding, West Brom and another English team.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All of whom will be willing to pay more than us on all fronts I expect....

If thats merely all it was - agreeing fees/wages - then Andone or Janssen or Dwamena and other strikers would be Albion players now.
but it wasn't fees , wages that left us empty handed in the summer (with those targets at least) it was medicals, didn't fancy coming here thanks very much, bad luck, injuries to other players, hiccups in getting replacements in or leaving it too late or Paul Barber being rubbish.
Take your pick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here