Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Farridge just said on TV the Brexit vote decreed that we either negociate a deal or just leave. I seem to recall he and his people promised the earth if we Brexitted, stuff that would be given to us by the Europeans. But we can't make them just give us things (as the 'remoaners' made clear) so how could we have voted to order for them to do so by voting leave? Sounds to me like voting for flight and expecting to be given wings. I don't remember Farridge and that cu'nt Boris campaigning on 'let's hard Brexit with no deal'. So his comments sounds like lying bollocks to me. Is he right, or just a lying conniving weasel?

lying conniving weasel :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal has been rejected by 230 votes - the largest defeat for a sitting government in history.”

Over two years, billions and billions of pounds wasted. Every single Tory voter and supporter should hang their head in utter shame. You are an embarrassment.

To be fair, not just tories. Old labour xenophobes also voted leave, especially in ecky-thump, whippet, flat cap and shell suit land.

D

Deleted member 2719

MOULDY BOOTS

Ahh, I remember now, I hope you told your friends, I will be bringing them gold frankincense and myrrh.

Did you also tell them of the many wars and how people lost family, friends and possessions such as iPhones and Amazon Echo's?

I am sure if the going get's tough they will become stronger and better people, snowflakes can turn into big tough Icebergs. **disclaimer unless global warming happens first** ahh we are all going to die.

I hope I have reassured you and your mates, please enter into my faith and follow the leader..................on Mouldydoestwatter.com

Well remembered... do you have short term memory issues? Just asking.....

You remember that you exhorted me to tell the friends threatened with redundancy to look to the longer term when facing this 'challenge'. I did just that.

You may not remember that I exhorted you to accept your share of the responsibility of any Brexit downside and try and convince your colleagues of similar persuasion to do the same. Did you?

Likewise, I also felt that your argument would have greater weight if you are in a similarly vulnerable position to that being experienced by these young people. So I asked you if you were. Twice. No response.

Just wondered if you remembered and, if so, whether you feel able to meet those two requests.

Sorry don't know what you're on about.

Do I know you???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris on telly now. Looks a bit thinner (all that new-bird-shagging). 'The problem is the Irish backstop'. 'Voluntary exit from the backstop' is the solution. I recon his misses has been fisting him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There are no winners. There will be no winners. We’re all going to hell in a handcart. The only way this would have possibly worked would have been with a cross party team to come up with a deal that no one would have wanted but at least it would have been agreed by our elected representatives . If we stay there will be anarchy, if we leave the queues on the motorways will tail back to the Amex.
Australia with its bloody insects seems all the more attractive.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Though I would like us to be a part of a full Federal EU, it isn't going to happen in my life time, and I would not want to impose it upon people We should remain as we are, not Schengen, Euro etc and we absolutely should consult the public each and every time there is any move to take a step to closer integration, but we must present the facts of it, and if we reach a point where the people say "No Further" it should not be asked again until there is a significant change in either the population being asked the question, or the proposition in the question.
The EU has had from time to time a Commission and President that is more Federalist, and others less so, it is not always moving forward in that direction, and change has to be by agreement.
Even if you believe that remaining means ending up at some point in the Euro, in Schengen etc. it would not be reasonable to ask people if that is what they want now, as much as it is not reasonable to ask if we want Wagner to be England manager, it would look a daft choice right now, but in the future it may look a good move, it would depend entirely on how things develop and circumstances at the time.

We were never consulted on key treaties since the last referendum in 1975, despite being offered one by Labour on Lisbon in their manifesto for the 2005 GE. You and I both know that various Govts have avoided giving the electorate a referendum on the EU for years, and that is because unlike other member states there is deep scepticism about the project. If Brexit proves anything it’s that the electorate’s scepticism is more deep rooted than they thought, otherwise we wouldn’t have got one.

I’m not sure that there has ever been a governing body running the EU that hasn’t sought to deepen its influence further, tell me who or when they have ever rowed back on this aim. Treaty after treaty has lead to the euro, then the establishment of the organs of a nation state. None of these treaties consented on by the electorate but approved by a Parliament that has been content with this trajectory.

We know what the destination of the project is, and I don’t think it will get there anyway because of the problems stored up politically and economically in countries like Italy, Greece and Hungary. That is not to mention the handing over of economic power by the Germans. They may be willing to do so in time, but if they do you can bet the ECB will stacked with German officials.

And so there it is, all in or all out. Being outside the EZ and in the EU is not sustainable in the long term with majority voting round the corner, so if for once politicians want to be honest with the public, that is the choice. A referendum on a no deal or otherwise will not solve the debate, whether we want like you to be a federal state of the EU or like me an independent sovereign state should.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So, you agree that the Brexit vote by the people is null and void by 634 MPs, most of which vote against the will of the people? Today, democracy in the UK died.

The will of SOME of the people. Stop talking as though a massive majority voted in favour of this self inflicted cluster****. Yes, 17 million, blah blah blah. A 4% majority is not the will of the people no matter how many times you say it. Remember, your great Brexiteer Farage has said that if remain had won by the same slender margin he would have been looking for a second referendum. Maybe he would have included the age group that will be most affected ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Boris on telly now. Looks a bit thinner (all that new-bird-shagging). 'The problem is the Irish backstop'. 'Voluntary exit from the backstop' is the solution. I recon his misses has been fisting him.

I hope she is making him wear protection but that’s by the bye. He will be thinking this is his chance, his new thinner look is his PM in waiting look. Chancer, no ethics

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly I do not know what will remove her from office. She will have to be dragged out saying how 'strong and stable' she is.

Well, unless there is a massive tory rebellion she will win the confidence vote.....

However strategically it may be better for the tories to lose the confidence vote and have a general election, which the tories will win (albeit with a hung parliament or small majority) and then negociate Brexit so, hang on, that won't work....

So the tory MPs will ensure she wins a confidence vote. I expect the 'no surrender' DUP will back her too.

The Europeans will allow us to put Brexit on hold, reluctantly, but if we carry on in this shambolic way I can imagine them setting a date whereupon a hard brexit is imposed (we started the fire after all).

My feeling is that if May were to say 'OK, no Brexit' everyone (who matters) will breathe a sigh of relief. But she won't.

So who is the alternative to lead Brexit? Nobody in the tory party for sure. Boris - frit. Other etonian weasels - who cares? It is a suicide mission. Only a fool wants that. Only Corbyn (with a successful GE) wants that. Corbyn is the biggest fool here, sadly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The will of SOME of the people. Stop talking as though a massive majority voted in favour of this self inflicted cluster****. Yes, 17 million, blah blah blah. A 4% majority is not the will of the people no matter how many times you say it. Remember, your great Brexiteer Farage has said that if remain had won by the same slender margin he would have been looking for a second referendum. Maybe he would have included the age group that will be most affected ?

Agree. Like I have alluded elsewhere, if we had a referendum on resurrection, 'born again' would win. I think I'd vote for it. But....how would it be delivered? ???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Who says I'm a Brexiteer? Why do people like you automatically jump to conclusions? If 52% voted out then that should be repeated by the MPs that represent them, it ain't rocket science. There are some remainers that seem to think we've moved the democracy posts a little in order to make a majority a minority if it doesn't suit their agenda.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Default.

No Deal it is then.

I suspect you will be disappointed. I admire your certainty, though. Certainty is a valuable characteristic in times of crisis.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope she is making him wear protection but that’s by the bye. He will be thinking this is his chance, his new thinner look is his PM in waiting look. Chancer, no ethics

Massive cock, though.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well, unless there is a massive tory rebellion she will win the confidence vote.....

However strategically it may be better for the tories to lose the confidence vote and have a general election, which the tories will win (albeit with a hung parliament or small majority) and then negociate Brexit so, hang on, that won't work....

So the tory MPs will ensure she wins a confidence vote. I expect the 'no surrender' DUP will back her too.

The Europeans will allow us to put Brexit on hold, reluctantly, but if we carry on in this shambolic way I can imagine them setting a date whereupon a hard brexit is imposed (we started the fire after all).

My feeling is that if May were to say 'OK, no Brexit' everyone (who matters) will breathe a sigh of relief. But she won't.

So who is the alternative to lead Brexit? Nobody in the tory party for sure. Boris - frit. Other etonian weasels - who cares? It is a suicide mission. Only a fool wants that. Only Corbyn (with a successful GE) wants that. Corbyn is the biggest fool here, sadly.

But what authority or credibility can May have, if an election is called who leads the Tory party into it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Who says I'm a Brexiteer? Why do people like you automatically jump to conclusions? If 52% voted out then that should be repeated by the MPs that represent them, it ain't rocket science. There are some remainers that seem to think we've moved the democracy posts a little in order to make a majority a minority if it doesn't suit their agenda.

They’ve had 2.5 years to sort it out and couldn’t. Proved too difficult, mainly because they faced real issues rather than make believe promises made in the referendum. So if the Brexit government can’t sort it then we need to reassess

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are no winners. There will be no winners. We’re all going to hell in a handcart. The only way this would have possibly worked would have been with a cross party team to come up with a deal that no one would have wanted but at least it would have been agreed by our elected representatives . If we stay there will be anarchy, if we leave the queues on the motorways will tail back to the Amex.
Australia with its bloody insects seems all the more attractive.

Not so sure that remain will be all that bad. Think about how shit everything was three years ago, multiply that by one; add zero to the result; square that, and then take the square root; then you'll have it. :lolol:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
55% of workers mostly affected voted remain. Leave won due to pensioners and their cushy locked pensions. The will of some people for sure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here