General Photography thread

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
_DSC1064.jpgFairy Basslet, Grand Cayman

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Love watching the starlings this time of year....enjoy the murmuration of starlings down on the Somerset levels

Considering the West Pier is just a bit of charred metal-work waiting to rot away completely, it is probably the most photographed thing in Brighton. There's something about it, but what?
Here's another from this evening, with two battalions of Starlings about to take the Pier from the Seagulls.
Full size image here; https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/38456121614/in/photostream/lightbox/

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Helipilot....that is stunning. I've kept many of these fish at home....they are called a Royal Gramma.
Thanks :) Yep that's the aquarium term. I've not got a saltwater tank right now but hope to when I return to the UK from my current USA posting.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
_DSC0745.jpgOne of my favourite misunderstood creatures on the planet. From December in Jupiter, Florida the Bull Shark, she's a big girl!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Great shot. Any idea if the starlings are still gathering there at dusk?

I wasn't there late enough for the Starlings, but I would assume they're still roosting there. They were there a week ago, so should be, but of course I could be completely wrong. If I'm that way in the very near future and see them, I'll let you know.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Helipilot....that is stunning. I've kept many of these fish at home....they are called a Royal Gramma.

I thought that was the Queen? ???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
anyone get a picture of the sunset last Tuesday with the sun setting right in the middle of a very clear IOW... saw it from Woodingdean but driving at the time.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Chaffinch Female.JPG
    Chaffinch Female.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 211

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Looking to get into photography, can u get a good camara for 300 - 400. Any advise on which one(s), what to avoid or any good site for advice. The more I look into it the more it confuses me about all the different things to concider.

I am looking to take photos of family, wildlife, landscapes.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Looking to get into photography, can u get a good camara for 300 - 400. Any advise on which one(s), what to avoid or any good site for advice. The more I look into it the more it confuses me about all the different things to concider.

I am looking to take photos of family, wildlife, landscapes.

I think you need to consider whether camera size is an issue i.e. DSLRs are heavier and bigger than Mirrorless which are heavier and bigger than compacts.

Bridge cameras are big but generally lighter than a DSLR and can come with fantastic zooms (60x) BUT generally they use small sensors so image quality can be questionable . 60x zoom can be difficult to control.

Taking pictures of young children running around is very different to family portraits

What experience do you have with cameras?

Would you be put off by buying second hand. Most of the cameras I have had have been second hand and had no problems. In fact the two cameras I bought from new are only ones to have had failures.

Do you have a camera in mind but are looking for views?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here