Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That journey back from old Trafford - the Monday afternoon bored post

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I found west Yorkshire the worst stretch on the way back to Donny. Though did manage to maintain speed of between 35 to 50. Folk hogging the middle lane did annoy me at times though.

You were right about that,( West Yorkshire) did you have any problems coming into Donny? P.S I stayed in the inside lane until conditions improved so glad I was not in your way ( as a middle lane hogger).

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
You were right about that,( West Yorkshire) did you have any problems coming into Donny? P.S I stayed in the inside lane until conditions improved so glad I was not in your way ( as a middle lane hogger).
Wasn't too bad in Donny for me. I followed the m62 right up to the m18 then came off at Thorne.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not too bad getting away from Manchester but, at about 10.45 clutch went on M6, pulled over but ditch to our left , cold & snowing. Five of us in vehicle, driver (my son) has top AA policy and we awaited local Recovery. Police pulled up and took 2 of our number to next services, Keele. We were picked up and towed there later, nice to be safe away from the hard shoulder.

So all at Keele by midnight but had to wait for mechanic, which took over 2 hours. He stopped for 5 mins to tell us what we already knew then he contacted AA. For the next few hours we were in the only open part of the service station, the near deserted coffee shop. We spent ages trying to get info from the AA, they never rang us once yet we were 'top priority' as three of us had medical conditions. Sometime after 5.00 they told us we would be collected at 7.22, like to the exact min.

7.22 came & went, as we knew it would. An hour later the local recovery firm contacted us and towed us to Hilton Park, the edge of their area. The driver was a Stoke fan & not happy! The AA told us we would be met by them but their driver was starting his shift at 10.00 & would take us home.

Just about 10.00 the AA truck arrived. The driver came from Bristol and had been taking a car from Cornwall to Nottingham but had left that job to collect us. His driving hours meant that he could only take us to Cobham plus he'd have to take a 30 min break enroute.

Eventually arrived at Cobham where my daughter had driven up to collect me and our 3 passengers. We were back in Brighton at 3.30pm. my son stayed with the car for the next AA lift and he arrived home at 5.00. None of us had any real sleep from Saturday morning to Sunday evening. now we await the repair bill.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Not too bad getting away from Manchester but, at about 10.45 clutch went on M6, pulled over but ditch to our left , cold & snowing. Five of us in vehicle, driver (my son) has top AA policy and we awaited local Recovery. Police pulled up and took 2 of our number to next services, Keele. We were picked up and towed there later, nice to be safe away from the hard shoulder.

So all at Keele by midnight but had to wait for mechanic, which took over 2 hours. He stopped for 5 mins to tell us what we already knew then he contacted AA. For the next few hours we were in the only open part of the service station, the near deserted coffee shop. We spent ages trying to get info from the AA, they never rang us once yet we were 'top priority' as three of us had medical conditions. Sometime after 5.00 they told us we would be collected at 7.22, like to the exact min.

7.22 came & went, as we knew it would. An hour later the local recovery firm contacted us and towed us to Hilton Park, the edge of their area. The driver was a Stoke fan & not happy! The AA told us we would be met by them but their driver was starting his shift at 10.00 & would take us home.

Just about 10.00 the AA truck arrived. The driver came from Bristol and had been taking a car from Cornwall to Nottingham but had left that job to collect us. His driving hours meant that he could only take us to Cobham plus he'd have to take a 30 min break enroute.

Eventually arrived at Cobham where my daughter had driven up to collect me and our 3 passengers. We were back in Brighton at 3.30pm. my son stayed with the car for the next AA lift and he arrived home at 5.00. None of us had any real sleep from Saturday morning to Sunday evening. now we await the repair bill.

Other than that tho' it all went ok?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
6th away game of the season, 6th 2-0 defeat, but better than the others.

Don't think I'll venture north again this season.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
similar AA experience today - wheel destroyed by pothole - AA called at 8:10am and said be where by 9:50am - arrived at 12:05pm - taken to Kwik Fit and had to leave car there as can get tyre by 5pm tomorrow - about a 2 mile walk to train station - short train trip - another 2 mile walk and at work some six hours or so after leaving for 12 mile drive to work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here