Faversham
Give me any foreign club over our elite

mmmmmmm.....not for me. My rank order would be

BHA>ManU(etc)=Stockport(etc)>any foreign club :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just can't understand why you would ever wish success on a club like Real Madrid. Athletico fair enough, but Real?!

Isn't this the very British thing of wishing ill on other 'tribes', especially the successful?

Always been the way, but it's got worse.

Real have bought success for decades, but that's forgotten in the clamour to hate the top 6.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, that’ll be 3 points for Huddersfield against a dispirited, disinterested, on the beach Arsenal next weekend.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't this the very British thing of wishing ill on other 'tribes', especially the successful?

Real have bought success for decades, but that's forgotten in the clamour to hate the top 6.

Yeah short memories, fans supporting Franco’s team :wink:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Would have liked to have seen him go out with a trophy, but with only one shot on goal what would you expect.
Thought they would have had a go to be honest, maybe the players are pissed off with him too.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I just can't understand why you would ever wish success on a club like Real Madrid. Athletico fair enough, but Real?!

This is very true, I don't like Real Madrid. But when the other team in the final is ******* Liverpool, I shall be looking into if I have Spanish Heritage and call myself Cristiano for the evening.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is very true, I don't like Real Madrid. But when the other team in the final is ******* Liverpool, I shall be looking into if I have Spanish Heritage and call myself Cristiano for the evening.
Is there a reason for your hatred? Man U lover or just can't stand Scousers?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

I wouldn't say that it's a British thing at all; do you suppose Barca fans will cheer for Real Madrid in the Champions League final? Feyenoord fans are only ever going to celebrate Ajax failing, and as for Fenerbahce and Galatasaray they would support literally anyone over their rival. There are hundreds more like this in football but of course it strays into other sports. If ISIS took up baseball instead of beheading, Yankees fans would cheer themselves hoarse if they beat the Red Sox... .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't say that it's a British thing at all; do you suppose Barca fans will cheer for Real Madrid in the Champions League final? Feyenoord fans are only ever going to celebrate Ajax failing, and as for Fenerbahce and Galatasaray they would support literally anyone over their rival. There are hundreds more like this in football but of course it strays into other sports. If ISIS took up baseball instead of beheading, Yankees fans would cheer themselves hoarse if they beat the Red Sox... .

Barca and the rest of Spain, the same with the cities Bilbao and Santander are divisions that need no further explanation after the politics, war and atrocities of the 20th century.

What's changed in England in my football watching lifetime is that huge swathes of neutral fans from smaller clubs from Brighton to Sunderland, you name it, want ManC, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal to fail in Europe. Not knocking it, it's a matter of fact.

In the seventies and eighties, I remember with my friends and family all based in Sussex, watching many European finals featuring Liverpool, Forest, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, etc and wanting them all to win.

I don't know if the cause of the change was the PL or internet trolling/Schadenfreude; but now so many Brighton fans for example despise our largest clubs and love their failure. It's a fact and many admit it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here