Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Roma

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I get the feeling you dislike LFC from this and other posts!

Look....I am going to be honest, they are certainly not in my top ten. But it wasn't always like that. I respected the way Shankly built a tremendous foundation and for years they represented the best of British football. Quick, simple, strong and direct. Top players graced the club and continue to do so. Their fans were loyal and witty. In the early days, they were a joy.
The years of regular success bred generations of massive, countrywide popular support but with that came the worst elements of mob following. I had the misfortune to watch LFC fans in operation since the late 60's and it became more ugly and boorish as the years went by and eventually dragged British football into the gutter, despised all through Europe. Sadly, they continue to personify arrogance and a sense of entitlement and a lot of the public respect and affection has gone.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I'd rather support a team full of 11 Syphilitic nut jobs, than support Liverpool at absolutely anything.

Don't get the love in with them at all.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Quite. I was also appalled at the number of 'Liverpool fans' in the front rows filming Oxlade Chamberlain being stretchered past them after he went off with what looks like a season and world cup ending injury. WTF??? Does that happen at the Amex (I am up in WSU)?

The same type who whip out their phones at an accident scene or a victim in the street, appealing for help. It just sickens me to the core. This is a shallow generation, who have failed to learn respect and dignity. They know no better. They are glued to a phone 24/7. Their whole lives revolve around one. It just seems natural to them to whip out their phones and then post their pictures on social media and await acknowledgement from their equally shallow mates.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'd rather support a team full of 11 Syphilitic nut jobs, than support Liverpool at absolutely anything.

Don't get the love in with them at all.

Its a myth, perpetuated by LFC fans caught in a Shankly/Paisley time warp. They believe that the archetypal image of a packed, singing and swaying Anfield, lifting multiple European Cups and a desire to be the comedy capital of the world, has burnt itself into the public pysche and that on nights like these, we are all glued to the box, roaring home the nation's favourites.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People can say whatever the like about Liverpool, but this current Liverpool team is the most dangerous in world football. The way that Klopp has them set up is incredibly attacking, their front three is absolutely savage. I got annoyed by McManaman in commentary last night having a pop at Roma. Liverpool thrashed City twice at Anfield before winning at the Eithad as well - they would have blown away any team in Europe last night with that attacking football. No defence would have stood up to that movement and decisive finishing.

The second leg could be another fantastic game to watch, Roma will be giving it the absolute beans from start to finish and either Liverpool will crumble, or they'll strike on the counter.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Same tune , I prefer this version.

Sadly Alf you are the only person on NSC who I have permanently blocked, so I have no idea what you have posted. However, I'm sure it is up to the usual standard of malevolence that made me ignore you in the first place. I suggest others follow-suit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you are happy to listen to tasteless and boorish booing and whistling, every time the opposition touch the ball, then fine, up until the point when the opposition get on top and then it goes remarkably quiet. And what the hell has " The Fields of Athenry " got to do with football. We all know the history of the city and its Irish ancestry. Why don't they sing " Danny Boy " or " Sweet Mollie Malone " rather than a folk ballad about the potato famine.
We get it, you don't like Liverpool. If they were a race you'd be a racist.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
First three players were brilliant in their day, unsure about who RF is, sorry. Can remember watching Hughes, Case, Thompson, Fairclough etc so I have a great deal of respect for the Liverpool of old, a brilliant team. Klopp is a class act, ambitious, entertaining, honest, passionate and a great positive for LFC.

Shame the Scouse fans are still doing the same shit they always have done, like others, but are still in denial.

Not bad, RF = God, aka Robbie Fowler. To be honest not sure about your last sentence.... ?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Some bottles!
Over 700 missiles struck the coach and a number of others missed. A vehicle worth over £1m was put out of action. Are you telling me that those on board were not the slightest bit spooked by events outside and were not subsequently unsettled?

I would have thought a £1m coach would have had armour plating and smash proof windows.....
I was in Liverpool for the Olympiakos game a few years ago and the Liverpool welcome was simply amazing. I think any throwing of anything at a coach/ person/ whatever is crazy but we have all seen at all clubs over the years be it coins, cans, bottles....etc
I’m sure Brighton fans would never participate in such scenes if they manage to get to the CL semi finals.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite. I was also appalled at the number of 'Liverpool fans' in the front rows filming Oxlade Chamberlain being stretchered past them after he went off with what looks like a season and world cup ending injury. WTF??? Does that happen at the Amex (I am up in WSU)?

A sign of the times. As the emergency services were trying to save the lives ebbing away at the Shoreham plane crash site on the A27, they were shocked to find people had got out of other undamaged vehicles and were wandering around filming the dead and dying. Police tried to confiscate phones.

The first thought seems to be "I want to become famous or get loads of likes, by being the first to publish the shots".

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Look....I am going to be honest, they are certainly not in my top ten. But it wasn't always like that. I respected the way Shankly built a tremendous foundation and for years they represented the best of British football. Quick, simple, strong and direct. Top players graced the club and continue to do so. Their fans were loyal and witty. In the early days, they were a joy.
The years of regular success bred generations of massive, countrywide popular support but with that came the worst elements of mob following. I had the misfortune to watch LFC fans in operation since the late 60's and it became more ugly and boorish as the years went by and eventually dragged British football into the gutter, despised all through Europe. Sadly, they continue to personify arrogance and a sense of entitlement and a lot of the public respect and affection has gone.

You make it sound as though Liverpool is the only place with a hooligan element. Leeds and other clubs have contributed to the European and British football gutter as well.

DerekZ, who is supporting them? There is only one Liverpool supporter on this entire thread.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We get it, you don't like Liverpool. If they were a race you'd be a racist.

Rather childish comment, considering I have previously spelt out my former respect for the club, which sadly, has diminished over the years due to a combination of ugly behaviour, arrogance and an overbearing sense of entitlement

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do you reckon they'll wunna give us a hiding on the last day? I'm going up with a couple of Brighton/Liverpool fans 🤣

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I would have thought a £1m coach would have had armour plating and smash proof windows.....
I was in Liverpool for the Olympiakos game a few years ago and the Liverpool welcome was simply amazing. I think any throwing of anything at a coach/ person/ whatever is crazy but we have all seen at all clubs over the years be it coins, cans, bottles....etc
I’m sure Brighton fans would never participate in such scenes if they manage to get to the CL semi finals.

There may well be the odd idiot here or there but I very much doubt that BHA fans would line the streets 8-10 deep for over half a mile and in orchestrated fashion launch over 1000 missiles at the opposition coach.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here