Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dogs and puppies to be eaten on Sunday in China

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cats in china.jpg

just one market in China that deals with live animals this is the cat section there is also a large dog section ....most of these animals are stolen off the streets, some of them cats and dogs have collars, the cat and dog coats are used for fur coats for sale in China and Eastern Europe.
those loverly little sleeping / purring cats you can buy at markets here (not now as it has been banned) were made with real cat and dog fur

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
View attachment 66235

just one market in China that deals with live animals this is the cat section there is also a large dog section ....most of these animals are stolen off the streets, some of them cats and dogs have collars, the cat and dog coats are used for fur coats for sale in China and Eastern Europe.
those loverly little sleeping / purring cats you can buy at markets here (not now as it has been banned) were made with real cat and dog fur

Truly sickening isn't it.:down:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Humans can form a bond with a dog that cannot be replicated with many other animals. Reading about this disgraceful festival in China has made me more upset then I've been in a very long time.

If you eat a dog, you're a c***t. No more, no less. If you condone violence against dogs, you're a c**t. No more, no less.

Shame the little mite hadn't formed a stronger bond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-33211099

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I must admit that I was reminded of this thread last night as I plunged a fresh Christchurch Bay lobster into a pan of boiling water for my evening meal.

Mind you it wasn't all fluffy and cuddly so I guess that's ok.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Whilst undoubtedly sad, it's not hugely relevant.

It's as relevant as the rather hysterical outburst you unleashed last night on people who eat a specific animal.

If the owner had eaten the dog then the baby wouldn't have been killed.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Don't have a problem with eating dog at all - think it would be rather hypocritical of me to considering I eat other forms of meat.

What I do have a problem is the conditions the animals are kept in and the fact that many of them are stolen.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Apart from the appalling conditions they are reared and slaughtered in dogs are carnivores and therefore very, very unwise for humans to eat them. They are also scavengers. They are basically unfit for human consumption.

Bacon sandwich anyone.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Today the Chinese tuck into Dog King Po and Puppy Fried Rice :facepalm: :(

And today the English will tuck into a sunday roast. People talk about bad conditions for the dogs but have you ever seen what goes on in factory farms and slaughter houses here?

I said it before on this thread. People are hypocrites.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I had a lamb steak for lunch yesterday

enhanced-buzz-3104-1347566610-4.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Very few people keep lambs as pets though.

:bigwave: ...... and I eat lamb. Many people keep horses but I don't see you kicking up a fuss about being able to walk into almost any French supermarket and buy horse meat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here