Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
With Norwood gone we are very light in midfield and I assumed, probably incorrectly, that he would be replaced in the short term so hopeful today or tomorrow. Brown isn't a replacement as I see it more a forward player.

I agree. I am really surprised that we let him go before signing a replacement. We may be close but, given what happened with Neto, I would have thought the club would wait until a replacement has passed their medical and signed a contract. We are in danger of leaving ourselves short of options in a key position now.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Seems odd that there are no rumours and very little change on a daily basis.. surely we are not stupid enough to go with what we have got...this is the one season where we have the funds for serious player investment..5 new players needed at a minimum and the clock is ticking...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seems odd that there are no rumours and very little change on a daily basis.. surely we are not stupid enough to go with what we have got...this is the one season where we have the funds for serious player investment..5 new players needed at a minimum and the clock is ticking...

you are right, we are not stupid enough.

We need 3 still. if no one else goes 4 i guess with a 3rd choice keeper

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We have 24 players with Ince, Towell and LuaLua included.

So 4 players needed to make up the 25 - Striker, Central Mid, Defender, and Goalkeeper. ( Surely Henrik Bjordal whose been playing in front of 30k at Gothenburg can step in as 5th choice winger? Also young enough to be outside the 25 ).

I'd target the cash at the midfielder and the striker, and see how much is then left for the defender and goalie.

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Can't believe we are leaving someone as instrumental as a center midfielder late, really hope we get one in before Norwich, I'd say it's more important than a striker for the first 3.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With Norwood gone we are very light in midfield and I assumed, probably incorrectly, that he would be replaced in the short term so hopeful today or tomorrow. Brown isn't a replacement as I see it more a forward player.

Kayal
Stephens
GroB
Sidwell
Towell

I wouldn't say we were THAT light. One more needed, to be above Sidwell and Towell in the pecking order at least.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Brown can play either midfield or as a forward but my guess is we won't sign another attacking player this window!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Kayal
Stephens
GroB
Sidwell
Towell

I wouldn't say we were THAT light. One more needed, to be above Sidwell and Towell in the pecking order at least.

Agree, We need 2 quality options per position , so 4 x quality CM

In that list we have 3 as Gross is a No 10 ( direct competition Brown ) and Towell isn't included as if he gets game time then something has gone wrong.

So yes , we need 1 more CM without doubt

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Kayal
Stephens
GroB
Sidwell
Towell

Agree, We need 2 quality options per position , so 4 x quality CM

In that list we have 3 as Gross is a No 10 ( direct competition Brown ) and Towell isn't included as if he gets game time then something has gone wrong.

So yes , we need 1 more CM without doubt

Sidwell was one of the players of the season last year. I would think he is ahead of Kayal who did not regain previous season form after the injury.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sidwell was one of the players of the season last year. I would think he is ahead of Kayal who did not regain previous season form after the injury.

He's also another year older, and Kayal I would hope to be properly back up to speed now. You might be right but I reckon Kayal will be ahead of SS.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's also another year older, and Kayal I would hope to be properly back up to speed now. You might be right but I reckon Kayal will be ahead of SS.

Agreed, Kayal as it stands and after a full pre-season is very much in my opinion Stephens partner in central midfield.

We all know how good Kayal is when fully fit, and at the moment he is that, I am expecting good things from him this season, back to his best.

Although he will replaced with the new signing i suspect

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Agreed, Kayal as it stands and after a full pre-season is very much in my opinion Stephens partner in central midfield.

We all know how good Kayal is when fully fit, and at the moment he is that, I am expecting good things from him this season, back to his best.

Although he will replaced with the new signing i suspect

I hope you are right about Kayal. Back to his best would be like a new signing but we haven't seen this form for a year. Steve Sidwell surprised me last year. Up at Newcastle at the start of the season he looked off the pace but what a turnaround.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here