Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City sell out !!!!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
80 odd City fans, sitting in single seats, surrounded by thousands of Albion fans. Bearing in mind that these days a vast majority of fans these days are quite capable of behaving if sitting with opposing fans (I do it at away matches - just sit on my hands when we score, applaud politely if they do) why would it be a problem? If one or two want to cause trouble (unlikely when they're completely isolated) I'm sure the stewards can deal with them.
As an away fan, Its against stadium and planning rules to sell or buy tickets in home sections of the stadium.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As an away fan, Its against stadium and planning rules to sell or buy tickets in home sections of the stadium.

As a away fan, I do it almost every time I watch the Albion. Never had a problem, never caused any trouble. Obviously, I weigh up the mood of the people next to me before opening my mouth, but I usually end up having a decent chat about the game with them, and a hand shake at the end.

I am amazed that some fellas can't grasp this as a fact - sheesh..........

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As a away fan, I do it almost every time I watch the Albion. Never had a problem, never caused any trouble. Obviously, I weigh up the mood of the people next to me before opening my mouth, but I usually end up having a decent chat about the game with them, and a hand shake at the end.

I am amazed that some fellas can't grasp this as a fact - sheesh..........
Pensioners get a bit of leeway.... you carry on mate.....rules are rules.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd ask why, but I have a feeling the answer might be unconscionable. :shrug:
Simple really. Health. I have an ongoing condition which varies from day to day - I can't tell which days I'll be up to going to a match, and which days I won't be. Consequently, this modern trend of tickets in advance is no use whatsoever for me, and if you just rack up at the ground on match day, away tickets are unlikely to be on sale, so I just wander in and buy a ticket for somewhere in the stands.
Strangely, the only time I've ever had tickets in advance (apart from Wembley, and that was many years ago) was last season at Bristol City. I asked son-in-law, who lives just up the road from Ashton Gate, to get tickets for him, my daughter and me. Sorry, they told him, we're sold out. As he turned to leave, they said to him, "you can have three in the away end if you want!" So much for segregation!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Simple really. Health. I have an ongoing condition which varies from day to day - I can't tell which days I'll be up to going to a match, and which days I won't be. Consequently, this modern trend of tickets in advance is no use whatsoever for me, and if you just rack up at the ground on match day, away tickets are unlikely to be on sale, so I just wander in and buy a ticket for somewhere in the stands.
Strangely, the only time I've ever had tickets in advance (apart from Wembley, and that was many years ago) was last season at Bristol City. I asked son-in-law, who lives just up the road from Ashton Gate, to get tickets for him, my daughter and me. Sorry, they told him, we're sold out. As he turned to leave, they said to him, "you can have three in the away end if you want!" So much for segregation!

Fair enough, misjudged that one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
80 odd City fans, sitting in single seats, surrounded by thousands of Albion fans. Bearing in mind that these days a vast majority of fans these days are quite capable of behaving if sitting with opposing fans (I do it at away matches - just sit on my hands when we score, applaud politely if they do) why would it be a problem? If one or two want to cause trouble (unlikely when they're completely isolated) I'm sure the stewards can deal with them.

I'm sure they can, but I can't see PB wanting to be seen to be selling tickets in the home end to away fans, can you imagine the binfest afterwards on NSC if some of them celebrated.

I'm like you, can manage to keep my mouth shut when needed, but not all can offer that degree of self restraint.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It doesn't matter. City will have NOTHING to celebrate anyway.

Right ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm sure they can, but I can't see PB wanting to be seen to be selling tickets in the home end to away fans, can you imagine the binfest afterwards on NSC if some of them celebrated.

I'm like you, can manage to keep my mouth shut when needed, but not all can offer that degree of self restraint.

Guilty.

Sat in the Reading end when Junior Lewis scored in the last minute.......

Only having leapt in jubilation, the goal was disallowed, at which point I was subjected to loads of abuse and a bit of shoving on the way out.

That included from the Reading fan who took me......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Getting a ticket for a home is certainly an issue.IMO if Sky wants the "Atmosphere "the away fans need every assistance ,Stoke ,i believe are leading the way,good for them .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It doesn't feel that long ago that I stood in the Goldstone North Stand for £7. It's staggering to see that kids ticket cost four times more than I paid as an adult.

It doesn't seem so long ago I paid two shillings (10 p) to stand behind the South Stand goal at the Goldstone.

But.... it was.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Guilty.

Sat in the Reading end when Junior Lewis scored in the last minute.......

Only having leapt in jubilation, the goal was disallowed, at which point I was subjected to loads of abuse and a bit of shoving on the way out.

That included from the Reading fan who took me......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must confess that I was in the directors' box at Brentford this season (unlike TB), I managed to keep relatively calm when Duffy made it 2-2, as I was under strict instructions from Mrs EP to behave. However, when Tomer Hemed equalised in the 97th minute to make it 3-3 I LOST MY SHIT totally, and there was an altercation with a Brentford player who was injured and so watching from the box, of which I am not proud.

I was then given the gamma ray treatment from Mrs EP for the journey home to Manchester, I was officially in the **** book for about three days.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
My grandad used to take me in the home end when we went to local away games on a whim. Only problem was he often took his Albion scarf and hat with him.....
I was in a Forest executive box next to some players families the day Ulloa sent us to the playoffs. Luckily I was with 7 others so when chairs went flying when we were all jumping around in celebration we just got a few dirty looks!
I paid £45 for a single seat in the North Stand for this one though. I missed the Wigan game and I'm not having that kind of regret again for big milestones.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just totted up the remaining seats available and there are 89, ok they are spread around the stadium and mostly single seats but the question is, why has it not sold out yet? First ever Premier League game against one of the big four, I'm surprised it's not sold out long ago.???

As generally it is too difficult for the casual supporter to get tickets, or that is the perception anyway.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
was last season at Bristol City. I asked son-in-law, who lives just up the road from Ashton Gate, to get tickets for him, my daughter and me. Sorry, they told him, we're sold out.

I had to laugh at that comment, Ashton Gate sold out - except for the humongous stand to the right of the away end completely empty

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I had to laugh at that comment, Ashton Gate sold out - except for the humongous stand to the right of the away end completely empty
Obviously they had made a policy decision not to open the upper tier that night. Probably worked out that unless they could actually fill it, it wouldn't be economical to do so - cheaper to concentrate all the fans into the spaces available. Fewer stewards needed and all that.

A day or two prior to the match it was announced that it was a sell-out and that no tickets were available.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But this is very simple supply & demand, price controlled economics.

There are a finite number of available tickets [scarce resource], so the price for this is controlled by demand aka demand dictates the price. If the capacity is 30k and 31k want a ticket, price will be high.
If it were truly overpriced, they'd be 100's nay 1,000's of unsold tickets and the price would be adjusted down according to the appetite the club had for filling up the stadium.

We see this everywhere where the capacity is finite and the event popular - music concerts [how much was a Glastonbury ticket?] Cricket finals at Lords, golf open championships, Wimbledon - all hideously expensive, but they still sell out ....

I thought I was reading Milton Friedman then.

It doesn't make the prices fair though. Just means that those with money have the choice and those who are without are, well, without.

The prices this year mean that I will attending less than I did during our skirmish with relegation in 2014/15.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here