Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please: can we just focus on this season?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
100% agree and i will seek to restrain myself. The journey is fantastic, over the moon with this season. We will go up, but lets keep enjoying it, and push for the title. Now, where is the misses, i can't see my slippers?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I did release a small bit of wee yesterday whilst fist pumping the massive score. I was not looking forward to these final games before this week but now I don't feel nervous at all. It's done it's finished. Huddersfield will not win 5 of there 6 games and won't even get the points we have now. So yes you sure right Edna. Let's enjoy the next few weeks and saviour every moment. Wear the shirt with pride fly the flag high and just give this group of people and all associated with the club the thanks and credit they deserve. "Were on our way..........."

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Agreed.... also the certainty that some current favourites may not be considered good enough in the PL and may be listed... so let's enjoy them while we can and give them a happy send off.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Loads of threads about next season already, and whilst our position is undoubtedly great, there's still work to do. But that's not my point.

I've been watching the Albion since I was ten years old, and for thirty odd years since, I've been dreaming about being where we are now. Last season was close, but this season looks like it is, finally, going to be the one. I've watched more crap players than I care to remember, at the Goldstone, at the Pissfield and at Withdean as well as the Amex, and this current squad is easily the best I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen five promotions, but none will be as sweet as this one- if we do it- because we finally have an infrastructure that can support it. And because the thousands lost during the years in exile, or slumming it at Withdean, are back, along with a generation of new fans who run around football pitches in Preston Park and Hove Park and Worthing and Lancing and Burgess Hill and Eastbourne and Horsham and so on, wearing Albion shirts instead of Chelsea or Liverpool ones. Because if we do it this time, it's going to be huge.

We have five games to go, and every chance of wrapping things up. We need to savour it, to enjoy it, and to roar the players on to that point and beyond. Let's not go on about players for next season, or chances of survival, or ticket prices in the Premier League yet. That's for later times, and the current players deserve more respect. I'm pretty sure nobody at Loftus Road yesterday was thinking about signings as we danced around for long after the players had walked off.

Let us just soak up these last few weeks, while Chris & the players hopefully finish things off in style. Sit back...enjoy...treasure it...worry about the rest later!

Have you thought of a career in teaching common sense? [emoji106]

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My response to any speculation about whether the squad is strong enough to stay yup next year, who we should sign and whether we're 'ready' yet is that I simply do not care.

All I care about is THIS team and THIS season.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Yep,we are lucky the players are focused on the job in hand ,one fantastic Manager,10 captains on the field and one over excited French puppy dog who we all adore:bowdown::albion2::bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem with this (correct) sentiment is Chrissy Hewtown does rather undermine it.

Answer this question:-

'Name one current professional football manager who can guarantee promotion for Brighton's current position?'

NB - Anyone answering with Keggy Keyghee will be staying back after class.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We need to get the job done, enjoy it and then let silly season start with threads. There's a few threads that have been started under the influence in the last 12 hours.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tough ask Ma'Lady:-

2017-04-08-ch-probabilities1.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Edna is spot on. My first experience of promotion was Pat Saward's 1972 team and the next season was one humiliation after another - 6-2 at Blackpool in only the second game, then Millwall, Fulham, a record run of games without a win, all horrible. But I still remember the unbelievable rush of those fantastic last-gasp wins over Torquay, Wrexham, Rotherham and the rest in the promotion run-in. These are days we'll look back on, people. Savour them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Been loving every minute of this season: Not been worried about spreadsheets, bedsheets, signings or what ifs. Took the approach that next season may well be a tad bumpy and determined not to miss out on the sometimes scary delights of this season's rollercoaster.
Well said EK.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Read her post again. She's not saying we won't go up - the point is, enjoy the moments in which this is sealed.
I know, but its understandable to look forward as we stroll into the 'nothing can go wrong now' phase of the season. :lolol: :facepalm: :dunce:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's not easy to concentrate on these amazing times, when the standard of catering at the Amex is so poor.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I find it hard not to think of the next season. In March I had 3 weeks in Portugal where the weather was colder than here, came home to early fruit blossom and asparagus at the allotment and day after day of beautiful weather. In my heart Spring has sprung and Summer is here.

el punal

Loads of threads about next season already, and whilst our position is undoubtedly great, there's still work to do. But that's not my point.

I've been watching the Albion since I was ten years old, and for thirty odd years since, I've been dreaming about being where we are now. Last season was close, but this season looks like it is, finally, going to be the one. I've watched more crap players than I care to remember, at the Goldstone, at the Pissfield and at Withdean as well as the Amex, and this current squad is easily the best I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I've seen five promotions, but none will be as sweet as this one- if we do it- because we finally have an infrastructure that can support it. And because the thousands lost during the years in exile, or slumming it at Withdean, are back, along with a generation of new fans who run around football pitches in Preston Park and Hove Park and Worthing and Lancing and Burgess Hill and Eastbourne and Horsham and so on, wearing Albion shirts instead of Chelsea or Liverpool ones. Because if we do it this time, it's going to be huge.

We have five games to go, and every chance of wrapping things up. We need to savour it, to enjoy it, and to roar the players on to that point and beyond. Let's not go on about players for next season, or chances of survival, or ticket prices in the Premier League yet. That's for later times, and the current players deserve more respect. I'm pretty sure nobody at Loftus Road yesterday was thinking about signings as we danced around for long after the players had walked off.

Let us just soak up these last few weeks, while Chris & the players hopefully finish things off in style. Sit back...enjoy...treasure it...worry about the rest later!

I'm doing my homemade Albion streamer on the cheap. It's taking ages using a blue felt tip pen to colour in alternate sheets on a white bog roll. Oh the joys of supporting a wonderful club! :albion2:

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
The fact that Huddersfield still have a tiny slither of dark green on that graph is causing me much more concern than it probably should.

Then take the 150/1 on offer at SkyBet for Brighton to not be promoted. 20 quid on that will soften the blow. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here