Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seat sold twice

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Has anyone else had a non season ticket seat that they bought, actually belong to a season ticket holder - so the seat had to be cancelled?

This has happened to me for the Bristol City match, 3 weeks after i bought one of the best seats left in central west stand lower. Today, i was contacted by the club and told that the seat actually belonged to a season ticket holder and it should not have been available to purchase.
So i had it cancelled, and had to buy a different one.

Glitch in the ticketing system i am told, and their random checks found it - at least they found the error today and not on the match day, with 2 of us wanting the same seat.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
well if it had happened to be my seat that they sold you, I would have not let you sit on my knee, they already creak too much

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Just before the 1st game at the amex we received a call to say our season ticket seats did not exist as the big screen had replaced them, so we had to move

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Could be a record 50,000 attendance for Blackburn game.
only if rovers top the 18,009 away fans that MASSIVE Wednesday brought for last years play off

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Has anyone else had a non season ticket seat that they bought, actually belong to a season ticket holder - so the seat had to be cancelled?

This has happened to me for the Bristol City match, 3 weeks after i bought one of the best seats left in central west stand lower. Today, i was contacted by the club and told that the seat actually belonged to a season ticket holder and it should not have been available to purchase.
So i had it cancelled, and had to buy a different one.

Glitch in the ticketing system i am told, and their random checks found it - at least they found the error today and not on the match day, with 2 of us wanting the same seat.

Out of interest which block are you now in.

I would always say a ST trumps a match ticket. I just wonder if the ST had been cancelled at one of the games where the ticket exchange applied and the club hadnt got round to reinstating.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Out of interest which block are you now in.

I would always say a ST trumps a match ticket. I just wonder if the ST had been cancelled at one of the games where the ticket exchange applied and the club hadnt got round to reinstating.

W1F I was in, and still am, the club say they keep spare seats in case this happens, so can't be a one off.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Don't tell the 1700 people paying £22 per season to be on the waiting list, that seats go empty because we are not really Premier League ready.

Totally agree.

It's simply not acceptable for the club to not know whether a seat is sold or not - that's ticketing 101. Some industries deliberately sell the same seat twice, banking on no shows (airlines being the most obvious example), but I've never before heard of any organisation keeping seats back "in case we've sold some seats twice".

Wow.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Totally agree.

It's simply not acceptable for the club to not know whether a seat is sold or not - that's ticketing 101. Some industries deliberately sell the same seat twice, banking on no shows (airlines being the most obvious example), but I've never before heard of any organisation keeping seats back "in case we've sold some seats twice".

Wow.

I'm sure this is being taken out of context just to have a dig at the club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
W1F I was in, and still am, the club say they keep spare seats in case this happens, so can't be a one off.

Don't tell the 1700 people paying £22 per season to be on the waiting list, that seats go empty because we are not really Premier League ready.

Totally agree.

Wow.

Silly conversation this. Of course the club keep a few reserve seats aside - they would be utterly stupid not to. Not just for ticketing glitches, but various other possibilities - an unannounced visitor from another club / sponsor, etc who couldn't be accommodated in the Directors' Box, or people that turn up on corporate tickets without the appropriate dress code - they don't get flatly turned away from the game - they get ushered to an emergency / reserve seat. Actually I believe that the reserve seats are the little pocket of 15 or so empty seats you can often see towards the North end of WSL.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Silly conversation this. Of course the club keep a few reserve seats aside - they would be utterly stupid not to. Not just for ticketing glitches, but various other possibilities - an unannounced visitor from another club / sponsor, etc who couldn't be accommodated in the Directors' Box, or people that turn up on corporate tickets without the appropriate dress code - they don't get flatly turned away from the game - they get ushered to an emergency / reserve seat. Actually I believe that the reserve seats are the little pocket of 15 or so empty seats you can often see towards the North end of WSL.

Yep - fair enough.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What if they do sell seats twice and they sold an extra 200 in the same section, it would be chaos! Or, do they only sell seats twice that are separated by location, so when 200 turn up with people already in their seats, nobody knows what is going on in the rest of the ground, so they can blame it on a glitch..
:D

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Well airlines do it. Excellent work by Barber.

bast&rd hotel did it to me last year. Arrive at hotel in Telford at 1am after 8 hour drive to be told, sorry we have double booked your room. WHAT!!!! I had to drive around looking for their sister hotel that was cheap and sh!te. Still pissed off now!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Totally agree.

Wow.

This is standard practice in any seated arena, auditorium etc. With 30000 plus seats the likleyhood of a seat breakage , or other issue taking a seat out of action is actually quite high. To have a few spare seats is just good practice, without costing the club to much in lost revenuwe. I would expect there to be a few seats in each stand put aside as "house seats" just as there are in cinemas, theatres, concert halls all over the world

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here