Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I blame Hughton.

If he had sent on three subs before Hemed was injured we would then have been down to seven. Wilson could then go down with tiredness and the game would have been abandoned.

FFS Hughto, sort it out!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I cannot quite believe how things have changed so quickly. At the Fulham game the entire team looked 10 feet tall, I really can't remember a better performance in my years of watching. Luck was poor tonight but we did not play well against Derby and, if we're honest, were fortunate not to concede more against Boro. Haven't even thought about who might be able to come in for the injured players on Monday. The priority for next season has got to be up front. Even against a team that finished 15 points below us, I'd have taken their strike force over ours tonight. A really depressing evening and one that I don't think we'll recover from. **** the playoffs.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Would be nice to see what we can do with 11 men for 90 mins. Backs to the wall, sink or swim, we all need to sing our hearts out on Monday, tie isn't over. Frustrated that it seems to be officials and injuries that will define our season. Could be worse though, we held out well in the end with 10, just nothing going on up front last half hour, bar Skalaks volley

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
All 4 injuries happened without contact from the opposition I think.

That is so ridiculously unlucky.

Normally have 1 non contact injury per month or so.

4 in a match is unheard of.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our chances of turning this around are VERY slim. I can't see any of the injured players being back and we don't have the strength in depth but these players deserve loud and passionate support. They have been fabulous all season, we have to let them know how much we appreciate them and get behind them however it all turns out. We need to make some ****ING noise not whinge and moan if things aren't going our way on Monday.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Villa and Newcastle next season.It could be a while before we come anywhere near the top of the league.This was our chance.

i wish people wouldnt keep saying this... relegated teams have a poor record of going back up on first attempt, on average on one does it, they are usually poor in moral and dont perform. Villa side was abject most the season and their preciousness wont do well in the Championship. Newcastle had a bit of fight about them so could make a decent contest next season, depending who the next manager is. if we miss out this season we'll have the same chance next, better for the experience and team unity.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Let's give it everything in Monday - the team will. Ok we will be stretched but I believe in this team to rise up and do it

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Judging by the amount of time the Wed manager has been interviewed on Sky they are over the moon a northern team has won.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Villa and Newcastle next season.It could be a while before we come anywhere near the top of the league.This was our chance.

People say that every season villa are a shambles and could easily become a wolves and Newcastle have a lot of rebuilding to do

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
i wish people wouldnt keep saying this... relegated teams have a poor record of going back up on first attempt, on average on one does it, they are usually poor in moral and dont perform. Villa side was abject most the season and their preciousness wont do well in the Championship. Newcastle had a bit of fight about them so could make a decent contest next season, depending who the next manager is. if we miss out this season we'll have the same chance next, better for the experience and team unity.

I agree if it's Norwich,Fulham,QPR etc but these are two big big clubs with big support and plenty of money.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
How arrogant is that. Brighton were awful, and the stats qualify that:

Possession: Home 63% Away 37%

Shots: Home16 Away7

Shots on Target: Home 4 Away 1

Were there any bha fans there?

With respect, those stats say nothing about what actually happened in the game. Given that Wednesday was playing a team savaged by injuries to four key players within 58 minutes, I'm amazed that those statistics aren't more one-sided. I should imagine that we would have really taken advantage if the situation was reversed.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

I'd agree if it's Norwich,Fulham,QPR etc but these are two big big clubs with big support and plenty of money.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are some right idiots on this thread. I get pessimism and the fact that we are up against it but the team was hindered throughout the match and in the circumstances the performance was fine. Anyone talking about tactics or a poor performance needs their head examined. Four players injured and most of the 2nd half with ten men, extremely unlucky and Wednesday may rue not scoring more come Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here