Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who WILL be Sami's number 2?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If you think about it not as silly as it may sound but what about Alan Mullery experienced for Sami to use motivation and also he would be the disciplinarian and use Sami in the tracksuit role

I love Mullers, but he's the wrong side of 70.

As far as Albion are concerned, he's currently in the right job.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
:bounce:

Have I missed the announcement, or are we yet to bring someone in / promote Nathan?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This guy's available

sheffield-united-bob-booker-193-panini-english-football-1992-collectable-sticker-34717-p.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
:bounce:

Have I missed the announcement, or are we yet to bring someone in / promote Nathan?

Sami said a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't too worried about getting in an assistant quickly, and players were now the priority (or something along those lines). I don't think we've heard anything since.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If you think about it not as silly as it may sound but what about Alan Mullery experienced for Sami to use motivation and also he would be the disciplinarian and use Sami in the tracksuit role

Posted a few weeks ago but, really BG?

Now I've thought about it some more, it's even sillier than it sounds.

:laugh:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Similar scenario worked at Liverpool for Dalgleish

Paisley hadn't been out the game for long. 3 years I think, retiring at the top having just won the League title. He was only a consultant to Dalglish too, aged 56. Mullery has been out of management for 21 years after he finished coaching an armed forces team in the Malasian league in 93. He's now 72.

Similar scenario? I don't think so.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As you get older time flies by without you realising how long it is, so perhaps not such a great idea. One site suggests it could be Heskey

That will be you posting on that rumors site then

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Going to be Jones isnt it.

Disappointing but almost a side show to the needing players situation which has entered its 11th week

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I really do have to laugh when people praise or criticise an appointment of a no.2

It's funny enough when people slag off manager choices. You really have NO idea how they will do before they join. Managers who are "woeful" at previous clubs can then prove to be phenomenal at the next. Just look at Steve Mclaren, Brendan Rogers, AVB, Moyes etc etc etc.

So when people criticise no.2's it's just bonkers. ESPECIALLY when something like "oh he'd make a great number 2" is written. You tell me what the number 2 does and how we can measure their ability?

Ultimately the number 2 is a personal choice of the manager. It's the person they want by their side to compliment their decision making. If the manager decides on a number 2 then, by sheer logic, that is the correct decision as it's who they want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here