Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I been seeing speculation on social media that Glenn Murray is coming back...

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Frazier Campbell having medical at Palace today. Murray may well be on the way out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Basically a few Murray lickers fantasising via social media about Judas , with a few Nigels stirring up to see what the response is.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
miss-the-point.png

I see the point perfectly. I just don't agree with it. It's primary school playground reasoning.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I couldn't care less who he went to. It's just stupid to expect a player to have the same club loyalties as fans. It's his livelihood and he has to the best for him and his family.

If Palace was the best offer then so what?

If there is any question of GM coming back to us the ONLY judgements should be transfer fee, wages, fitness and is he still good enough to maintain or improve the quality of our squad.

Who he's played for in the interim should be irrelevant.

If I was looking at it from a detached, business perspective, you'd of course be correct. But I don't see football that way, especially when it comes rivals and One-upmanship.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Let's also remember he is 31 now, and our team is already old enough as it is. We should be looking to the future, not the past.
This. Maybe on a free, but wouldn't want to see us spending money on him.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
With Gayle, Chamakh and Campbell all fighting for the same place as Murray then I could see him leaving, Palace don't play 2 up top and I think Murray would welcome a move back to Brighton, just my opinion of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If I was looking at it from a detached, business perspective, you'd of course be correct. But I don't see football that way, especially when it comes rivals and One-upmanship.

Players by and large see it from a detached, business perspective. So do clubs. And that's what matters really.

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
BensGrandma6463766 said:
Not at all people, like bhafc1972, are saying it is rubbish because BensGrandad has posted it, I am just putting the record straight

Then why do you always quote that site and post rumours from it?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Would be a good signing I think, (at the right price).
He apparently liked it at Brighton and there is a new regime now.
He has had a taste of Premiership football now and could be hungry for a return.
Some say that he didn't want to go but felt he had to.

If he liked it so much why did he spend his first two seasons with the Albion MOANING and carping on about "oop north".?

Nah. Sorry don't want any Palace reject. Especially not one with an eggshell knee and on the wrong side of 30.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not going to happen.
I would think if there was a serious enquiry from yourselves, he would be valued between £2/3 million I would guess.
Throw in his £20 k wages, and it's a no goer, TB would not blow your transfer kitty on one player.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not going to happen.
I would think if there was a serious enquiry from yourselves, he would be valued between £2/3 million I would guess.
Throw in his £20 k wages, and it's a no goer, TB would not blow your transfer kitty on one player.

He's right, you know.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here