Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury on R2 today.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The only thing worse than a thick gob-shite is a thick gob-shite with a platform. He doesn't have the discipline to be a long term champion so thankfully he won't be around much longer.

He seemed to excuse some of his homophobic, misogynist views because of his religious beliefs if he had a different colour skin ethnicity and religion would you be as forthright in condemning him?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He seemed to excuse some of his homophobic, misogynist views because of his religious beliefs if he had a different colour skin ethnicity and religion would you be as forthright in condemning him?

Yes I would.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Love the bitterness on this thread. King Tyson the new heavyweight champion of the world or that boring idiot Joshua or the stiff Ukranian? No competition.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Like rock stars who used to luzz Tvs out of hotel windows, it's not a surprise that someone who beats the shit out of other people for a living doesn't have the liberal views of your average Guardian reader. That doesn't make his views right but I'll save my outrage for people in positions of power who get caught expressing this kind of thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nothing to do with boxing is it?
Personal viewpoints/perspectives are just that.
Ignorance and stupidity are the issues not sport.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's Sports 'Personality' of the year time.

This was argued on Radio Sussex this afternoon by Allison Fearns who hates sport her view was that it is as it states personality fo the year byt the BBC say it is voted on and given for for sporting achiement rather than the personality of the person.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I applaud your surprising consistency. Any major religion (most of them?) that ingrains/ reinforces misogynist/homophobic views should be condemned and called out no matter the cultural 'sensitivity'.

You're surprised that I condemn homophobia regardless of culture or religion?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I'm all for free speech and trying to understand someone else's view and that these things can be taken the wrong way but I had to turn that interview off after about 30 seconds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here