Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** off Warnock

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
A certain amount of it sure, but they were absolutely taking this piss and the referee failed to control it.

The absurdity of hoilett just before the break and whoever the other was around 20 mark hobbling off, if they were going any slower they'd be walking on the spot. As soon as they got to the touchline, a quick jog and wanting to immediately come back on. The most blatant shit i've seen in a while. Irony being they only added 3 mins to that half (the guy on 20min mark was sat on the pitch for that alone) and somehow stuck 4 on the 2nd. Just can't get my head around added time these days.

Almost felt sorry for the cardiff fans, but with a couple of those songs I got the feeling that's exactly what they deserve to be dished up every week.

The 1991 Play Off Final springs to mind here.

Now who was the Notts County manager that day...?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff were in relegation danger when Warnock arrived. He was brought in to keep them up. He doesn't have much cash to spend so he's stuck with their rather limited squad and whatever frees and cheapo bargains he can entice to South Wales this month. They're improving but by no means safe yet.

What did people expect them to do? Roll up at the Amex and start spraying the ball around like Barcelona, leaving themselves wide open to attack from one of the best sides in the league?

Of course Warnock is going to play it safe. He's going to tell them to get ten men behind the ball every time we get it, to niggle away and piss about wasting time in the hope of frustrating the opposition and the crowd, and ideally causing us to do something daft and even gift them a cheeky goal. That's his JOB, surely? It wasn't far off working, but fortunately on this occasion, the Albion players stayed patient, kept their heads, and created enough decent chances to take the points. I thought it was a pretty professional effort in the end in the face of what must have been a really annoying set of opponents.

Yes, I remember commenting at half time that he was something of a footballing Antichrist, but equally, I 100% understand why he was doing it. He's getting paid to win- or at least not lose- games for Cardiff City, so he's going to do it the way he knows works with the not-terribly-talented set of players he has. When a team buggers around like they did, it's down to the officials to crack down on it (Stroud was pretty lame in that respect I thought) and to the opposition to find a way to beat it, not to Warnock to apologise.

Also can't really see what the fuss is about his post match comments- he's damned right our players probably don't want to play them again, for exactly the reasons we're discussing. I'm certainly glad we're done with them for the season. Alright, the "made their strikers look ordinary" is slightly misguided under the circumstances, but other than that, his remarks are almost unfailingly positive about our team and our club.

Thanks for the points, Neil, and I hope you go and annoy the hell out of Reading at the weekend, only with a more positive outcome. Good luck.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Cardiff did have a 5 minute spell or so in the first half when they were on the front foot and pressing..........yet were still taking 20 seconds+ for throw ins? Oh well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff did have a 5 minute spell or so in the first half when they were on the front foot and pressing..........yet were still taking 20 seconds+ for throw ins? Oh well.

I think because they wanted to get the ball to that most talented of players, Greg Halford.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said:

"I think Brighton are the best team and Newcastle have the best squad. The 12-point gap to third place means that the top two can lose four or five games and still go up.

"Chris [Hughton] will be pleased to come out of this game with a win but you want them to go up after last season. It was a travesty that they missed out then.

"We put them in a game. The atmosphere was fabulous, we know Brighton come at you but we weathered it in the first half and created chances. Jazz Richards handled Anthony Knockaert very well really but when the goal came Hemed hit it with such power."

Yes, but he's still a ****. And I remember Notts County, although that's hardly the point. I have always had a soft spot for Colin (albeit, this may have been my anus), but tonight his team were a disgrace to themselves, their familes, Cardiff city and even the zombies their players so pathetically tried to impersonate. Down with them. Down with Colin. Into the sea with them!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cardiff were in relegation danger when Warnock arrived. He was brought in to keep them up. He doesn't have much cash to spend so he's stuck with their rather limited squad and whatever frees and cheapo bargains he can entice to South Wales this month. They're improving but by no means safe yet.

What did people expect them to do? Roll up at the Amex and start spraying the ball around like Barcelona, leaving themselves wide open to attack from one of the best sides in the league?

Of course Warnock is going to play it safe. He's going to tell them to get ten men behind the ball every time we get it, to niggle away and piss about wasting time in the hope of frustrating the opposition and the crowd, and ideally causing us to do something daft and even gift them a cheeky goal. That's his JOB, surely? It wasn't far off working, but fortunately on this occasion, the Albion players stayed patient, kept their heads, and created enough decent chances to take the points. I thought it was a pretty professional effort in the end in the face of what must have been a really annoying set of opponents.

Yes, I remember commenting at half time that he was something of a footballing Antichrist, but equally, I 100% understand why he was doing it. He's getting paid to win- or at least not lose- games for Cardiff City, so he's going to do it the way he knows works with the not-terribly-talented set of players he has. When a team buggers around like they did, it's down to the officials to crack down on it (Stroud was pretty lame in that respect I thought) and to the opposition to find a way to beat it, not to Warnock to apologise.

Also can't really see what the fuss is about his post match comments- he's damned right our players probably don't want to play them again, for exactly the reasons we're discussing. I'm certainly glad we're done with them for the season. Alright, the "made their strikers look ordinary" is slightly misguided under the circumstances, but other than that, his remarks are almost unfailingly positive about our team and our club.

Thanks for the points, Neil, and I hope you go and annoy the hell out of Reading at the weekend, only with a more positive outcome. Good luck.

Well, you admitted at the game you have a soft spot for Colin (as do I.....sort of) but the only bit of that I agree with is that I hope the zombies make the royals undead shortly. Nighty night :bigwave:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I looked down on him from the west upper tonight during the first half and he was perfectly content with their time wasting and taking 20 seconds for a throw in when in our half. There's setting a side out for a draw and there's that. Never mind.........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reading the Sky News match report he was praising us very well - much more magnanimous in defeat than many managers whose teams we've beaten this season. Don't have a problem with the man.
Is probably also saving his club from relegation this year, so why wouldn't he set up his team to try and nick a point?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Reading the Sky News match report he was praising us very well - much more magnanimous in defeat than many managers whose teams we've beaten this season. Don't have a problem with the man.
Is probably also saving his club from relegation this year, so why wouldn't he set up his team to try and nick a point?

I've not seen the game but both the bbc and sky match reports mention Stockdale having to make several decent saves in the first half. So, whilst it may not have been pretty it seems Cardiff came to do a job and nearly pulled it off. As for Warnock's remarks, very magnanimous in defeat:

"I think Brighton are the best team and Newcastle have the best squad. The 12-point gap to third place means that the top two can lose four or five games and still go up.

"Chris [Hughton] will be pleased to come out of this game with a win but you want them to go up after last season. It was a travesty that they missed out then.

"We put them in a game. The atmosphere was fabulous, we know Brighton come at you but we weathered it in the first half and created chances. Jazz Richards handled Anthony Knockaert very well really but when the goal came Hemed hit it with such power."

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lots of short memories here. Remember how dire and defensive we were in Hughton's first six months? We had a run of scoring one goal in about six games and that was an own goal thanks to Blackburn. Survival was the only aim of the game then and that is the boat Cardiff are in now. See also an entire two seasons under Mark McGhee including the quite brilliant sight of Mark McCammon heading to the corner after 35 minutes at home to Sunderland.

I look forward to all those decrying Cardiff and Warnock for their negative football doing the same to Hughton and us when we are doing the exact same away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City et all next season
It's a shame you ruined it with the last paragraph because other than that, it's spot on.

Read a few comment's on the Cardiff forum and they seem to think they were good and deserved at least a point,they were ********* woeful! Sit back,waste time,dive and then hope to get a last minute goal,utter ****
Would that be the Cardiff fans who watched David Stockdale pull off 3 excellent acrobatic saves, while McGregor did comparatively very little?

I'll hazard a guess, penalty save aside, DS was busier last night than he was on Friday.
He certainly put in a MotM performance.

Last edited:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Ooh, the ball's a bit damp
Here, let me dry it off for you first
Oh, am I taking it?
No, I am. Well, in a minute... hang on, I've got something stuck in my studs
Oh yes, a big lump of mud
Oh, gross
I feel faint, I think I should have a lie down in the middle of the pitch for a bit

Ad nauseum, stupid twats
Much like the Cardiff keeper at EVERY freekick.

"Is it a free kick lino?"
"Where from? About here?"
"Are you sure?"
Picks ball up
"So from here yeah?"
"Ref. REF. From here ok?"
"Ok" picks up ball again. Replaces it
"Here we go then"
HOOF!

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Goalkeeper:

Free kick ? Ooh. Where from. Was it here ?
No. Look at the lino
Oh. You mean here ?
No. You need to be roughly in line with th.....
Ahh ok. Here was it ?
No. Look, try to be in line with where he's...
Oooh...gotcha. Sorry, I wasn't watching. Here then
No, wait...look, it was back there.
Oh THERE. Ahh...ok. Direct or indirect ?
*draws rifle*
Ha. Just saw this. Posted similar.

Joke how he wasn't booked after the THIRD instalment of this drama.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I saw us do it - ironically away against Cardiff - on a Tuesday night only a month or two into Hughton's reign. We managed zero shots on target that night and it was comfortably the most bored I have ever been at a game of football. The trip was only saved by a quite spectacular night out after with a bunch of student nurses

The Slade v Hughton relegation battle. I had massive doubts about Hughton after that night. Possibly the worst game in my life. To cap the evening off I spent the night with a 53 year old Welsh bloke from Merthy Tydfil whilst you had all the nurses.
Looking back though Chris was just ensuring we stayed up whilst he sorted out the mess we had been left with. Wonder if Warnock will kick on next year?

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Agree - and look at what Warnock did with Rotherham last season. That was a bl00dy miracle. If you§re in trouble, he is a great choice as manager.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I look forward to all those decrying Cardiff and Warnock for their negative football doing the same to Hughton and us when we are doing the exact same away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City et all next season

If we get promoted and if we approach matches in the same manner as Cardiff last night I will be very disappointed. I'm sure the majority of others will feel the same.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The fact is that because we're so ****ing BRILLIANT now, teams like LOWLY CARDIFF CITY are having to come here and stick 10 men behind the ball in order to have any prayer of getting something out of the game.

What a time to be an Albion fan eh.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
But we would NOT employ these tactics from the first minute home or away... please read the thread.

No, not when we are promotion chasing ...
But next year when we find ourselves struggling for points in the bottom half of the Prem - away at the Emirates on a foggy Tuesday in January - we might just be a tad sluggish with our throw-ins and goal kicks ...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The problem was the ref.

When you look back at the amount of time wasting during the game, to think he didn't give them one card for it is ridiculous. One caution would have sorted it and it should have been Hoilett for his antics just before half time.

If Cardiff players are getting away with it, they'll keep doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here