Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the signings of Rosenior and Hemed would appear to indicate that

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
As Donald Rumsfeld once said: “There are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know that there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns: the ones we don't know we don't know.”

Most of us come under the latter category, at least where transfers are concerned.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can't help thinking the transfers are solely the responsibility of Barber (money), Burker II (talent), Hughton (final say so).
None of them are blabbing so why would anyone know anything?

In the past I can see, say Oatway, getting a tasty bit of news and then it becoming common knowledge a couple of days later.
Just because of his connection with the fans etc.

Bloom values his privacy above anything else, and we all know what happens when Bloom gets really pi$$ed off.

That's OK if the other side has the same approach, but these agents often have a mercenary view on what others should know.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
More Freebies !!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting. I work with someone who did a PhD on the epistemic value of testimony, i.e. the conditions under which being told something by someone else allows you to count that information as knowledge. I should put you in touch.
How do you know they did a PhD?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Last week saw a post 'striker from the spanish league but not a spaniard' so someone knows something but is keeping quiet.

Howdy.
Yep, the club contact I get info passed down the line from was vaguely in the ballpark with that one (though where he got PARAGUAYAN from I'll never know). He'd probably heard something a bit mangled.
He's a great source of information but it's entirely subjective and never seems to be 100% accurate.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well lets hope there's some more. I spotted this little nugget of info in yesterdays Torygraph in a piece about the U21 championship going on.

For some of the 180 players involved, the tournament represents an audition. The Premier League and Football League clubs who have contacted Uefa for passes for their scouts are: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Bolton Wanderers, Brighton & Hove Albion, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Reading, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Tottenham Hotspur, Watford and West Ham United

Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well lets hope there's some more. I spotted this little nugget of info in yesterdays Torygraph in a piece about the U21 championship going on.

I find it incredible that anyone in the Championship and above wouldn't be sending scouts?

A Czech or Swedish U21 player say would probably cost a quarter of an English one and significantly less in wages too and given what we have seen in the tournament so far may well be a better player too...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeh ...it doesn't bother me that iv'e just got in after a 14 hour day because my polish tiler filed a shower waste up with grout...it honestly doesn't because we have actually bought a centre forward and that has made my day....!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FWIW the 2 signings both with 3 year contracts suggest to me that we shall try to improve and consolidate this year possibly flirting with play offs if it preesents itself but next year will be an all out assault on promotion with their last year of the contracts in the Premier.or a final push for promotion if we dont make it next year.

As Donald Rumsfeld once said: “There are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know that there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns: the ones we don't know we don't know.”

Most of us come under the latter category, at least where transfers are concerned.

But he did spend a lot of time with George Bush !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's OK if the other side has the same approach, but these agents often have a mercenary view on what others should know.
I'm sure there's a huge list of agents the club will never/wont/try not too, deal with for exactly that reason.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last week saw a post 'striker from the spanish league but not a spaniard' so someone knows something but is keeping quiet.

Can you find the post? I don't remember anyone saying words to that affect? Although that's quite a vague description / guess?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here