Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor who time of the doctor

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought it was OK, at least dialogue-wise but the business with using the regeneration energy (at least I think that's what it was, refreshments had been taken :) ) to destroy the Dalek ship was weak. I've always thought Matt Smith was a good Doctor handicapped by some terrible writing, show-handling and Karen Gillan (not that she was terrible but she just dominated every story she was in).

I concur, They got stuck in whirl of running around either to save her or Rory, was a blessed relief to get rid in the end.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nope. That's why Peter cushing's doctor who isn't included.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who_(Dalek_films)

I will always consider the Peter Cushing Doctor as an incarnation of Doctor Who even if only in an alternate reality, and come to think of it the whole concept is based on an alternate reality so Cushing cannot be discounted because anything is possible in science fiction. Just like he could only have so many regenerations and now he can have as many as he wants.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I quite enjoyed it. More so than the 50th show.

I liked how they made him up to look William Hartnell like when he got old.

Will miss Matt Smith, did a great job in his time as the Dr.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I enjoyed it and didn't find anything hard to follow, but I still don't know

1. Why the Tardis was exploding when Tennant turned into Smith a few series back.

And

2. Who was prisoner zero.

I thought everything was supposed to be explained now ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I enjoyed it and didn't find anything hard to follow
1. Why the Tardis was exploding when Tennant turned into Smith a few series back.

An
2. Who was prisoner zero.

I thought everything was supposed to be explained now ?

Duck pond with no ducks wasnt so dont hold any hope.

I believe prisoner zero is river song. Regeration emergy started tennants tardis on fire. It was a chance to reboot the interior/exterior.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Prisoner zero was the monster from the first matt smith episode. He was just a monster who used the crack to escape his prison. It was nothing more than that.

Don't know about the duck pond off the top of my head (may be something to do with time being re-written), can't remember the explanation for the tardis either. May look into it at some point, see if there are explanations anywhere.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I will always consider the Peter Cushing Doctor as an incarnation of Doctor Who even if only in an alternate reality, and come to think of it the whole concept is based on an alternate reality so Cushing cannot be discounted because anything is possible in science fiction. Just like he could only have so many regenerations and now he can have as many as he wants.

Consider it all you want. However he/they/it will never be recognised as canon because:

Its not made by the bbc but by aaru productions for the cinema.

Its a human inventor called dr who and both films are remakes of the first two dalek adventures (had Dalek Invasion Earth 2150ad been a success at the box office and subotsky not gone bust then they would have made the chase - the third hartnell dalek story)

In any reference works by the bbc or fandom the movies are always a footnote.

Finally he has not regenerated or any reference anywhere been made to the films in any of the programmes.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This doesn't make much sense, would you care to try again?

Yes sweetie of course.

A typo on my part. I meant to say like the first series of (new) dr who was Rose Tyler time traveller.

The Chris Eccleston series was all about Rose and the Dr was a peripheral figure. I hope they do not repeat this with Capaldi and Clara.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Prisoner zero was the monster from the first matt smith episode. He was just a monster who used the crack to escape his prison. It was nothing more than that.

Don't know about the duck pond off the top of my head (may be something to do with time being re-written), can't remember the explanation for the tardis either. May look into it at some point, see if there are explanations anywhere.

My mate Paul (an uber nerd) is annoyed that the duck pond was never resolved. Oh and I just rewatched end of time with the kids just now. Def regeneration energy that set the tardis aflame.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This doesn't make much sense, would you care to try again?

Yes sweetie of course.

A typo on my part. I meant to say like the first series of (new) dr who was Rose Tyler time traveller.

The Chris Eccleston series was all about Rose and the Dr was a peripheral figure. I hope they do not repeat this with Capaldi and Clara.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Briliant. Im forwarding that to my mate. So it wasnt explained on the tele then. Makes sense. I read DWM but must have missed it.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The Christmas ones are usually dogshit. This one was actually OK. I did go into with incredibly low expectations though, given how even worse than dogshit the 50th anniversary one was.

PS Bemused by people saying they follow the series and had never heard of the Papal Mainframe before - hasn't there been at least five episodes largely focused on them?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The Christmas ones are usually dogshit. This one was actually OK. I did go into with incredibly low expectations though, given how even worse than dogshit the 50th anniversary one was.

PS Bemused by people saying they follow the series and had never heard of the Papal Mainframe before - hasn't there been at least five episodes largely focused on them?

The headless monks were part of the Papal mainframe.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps someone could explain how the original doctor had a granddaughter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here