Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parents who consistently take their kids to school late !!!! 1 bullet behind the ear ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
First thing I thought was what a silly thread, second thing I thought was all the Wally’s pretending to be outraged by it, can we have a new section called NSC MUMSNET?

Thought we already had one,the Trump thread.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is this perchance another of those NSC lampoonery tomfoolery threads that will require OP to come back on to explain themselves in detail tomorrow?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I live between two Schools in Goring. If I am not out of my road by 8:30 I might as well stay indoors for another 10-15 minutes because the roads are full of Range Rovers etc.
I wish that lot would walk their darlings to School at any time.

Same here in Worthing. I know why they are call off roaders - because they are always parked on the effing pavement blocking the road.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
They live opposite and I live 10 mins walk from school. I know 100% the do not suffer any disabilities and even though I go near the flame sometimes would never go near that sensitive subject.

Ps. They don’t have a car as she has 3 kids is 22 years old and is on benefits , he works park time and seems a good bloke.

Maybe they do it to wind up the nosy old c*nt across the road

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
As I walk back to my car after the school bell has sounded and see parents and kids running in late I do wonder what effect that has on the kids themselves - seven years of primary school rushing in every day, stressed parents, missing a bit of morning play time with the other kids.

Invariably, these aren't the parents who help out with school fundraisers or kids who are class reps either.

I was always late leaving the house and getting to school - largely because I had to wait for my brother who was
a lazy so-and-so. I worry a lot about stuff - and even now I attribute it to being constantly fearful about
getting in late to school through no fault of my own. I'm also mega-early to a lot of things when I can.

So - yes it does affect people.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I do not understand lateness in general, some people are late for everything and their planning drives me mad. As a teacher myself I have several students who are ALWAYS 10 minutes late for every morning lesson, they had not considered setting the alarm clock 10 minutes earlier. Baffling.
Maybe there are underlying reasons for their lateness? For example: People with ADHD have difficulties with punctuality. Nothing to do with wilful tardiness. As it is proven to be hereditary then one parent likely has the condition. As a teacher perhaps you should be looking out for and understanding these things? How many kids with Dyslexia slip through the educational cracks? I'm not suggesting that all the kids who are late have ADHD but with approximately 7% of the population having the condition there is a likelihood that at least one of them does. One teacher at a time can change lives...

Rant over.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
They live opposite and I live 10 mins walk from school. I know 100% the do not suffer any disabilities and even though I go near the flame sometimes would never go near that sensitive subject.

Ps. They don’t have a car as she has 3 kids is 22 years old and is on benefits , he works park time and seems a good bloke.

Bloody hell... you seem to know them rather well....

Are you sure it's not you?

Autism is what is known as an 'invisible disability'... just because they aren't in a wheelchair does not mean they aren't disabled. pleb.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell... you seem to know them rather well....

Are you sure it's not you?

Autism is what is known as an 'invisible disability'... just because they aren't in a wheelchair does not mean they aren't disabled. pleb.

It’s invisible until one of them kicks you right in the nuts ! Trust me, nothing wrong with the kids or parents, just laziness.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

You sound like some curtain twitching ****. Get a life and mind your own business.

84FBFF65-DA88-4BA6-A9AE-348504C0422E.jpeg

el punal

I pass the same young couple every morning walking their 3 kids to school and every morning they are 10 mins late. Winds me up. Would it matter if one of the parents was actually killed so the other parent bucked their ideas up ? Actually a serious question.

Ok, serious question as you're so concerned, why don't you ask them why they're 10 minutes late? You might then get an explanatory answer rather than assuming. On the other hand they may tell you to f*** off as it's none of your business.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Chris Boardman's latest rant around this issue is interesting.

He's been getting agitated by proud school's showing off pictures of their children all kitted out in new safety gear for walking/riding to and from school.
His argument being all it does is pander to poor drivers in their deathboxes (my word not his) and not actually get to the route cause of the issue, that being children shouldn't need to be lit up like a Christmas tree just to get to school safely.
It completely sends out the wrong message to the kids and more importantly their parents.

Surprised he didn't follow through with the obvious analogy.... Don't tell women to change the way they dress to avoid getting raped.... tell the men to stop raping women.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I pass the same young couple every morning walking their 3 kids to school and every morning they are 10 mins late. Winds me up. Would it matter if one of the parents was actually killed so the other parent bucked their ideas up ? Actually a serious question.

Maybe its another view on leaving early to beat the queues?
Leave late avoid the rush and avoid other 'do gooder ' parents at the school gates. 2 birds one stone...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here