Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can't believe all these calls for bubble games and banning away fans after last week. I have to say that last Tuesday had the least amount of trouble I have seen at a Brighton vs Palace match for years, if not ever. The only incident on the night of any note was 20-25 herberts getting into the stadium, possibly without tickets and certainly without being searched.

This resulted in a very visual scene of the smoke bombs and bangers. Rest assured, these idiots pissed off the other Palace fans equally as much as your fans but their actions should be put into perspective. They weren't rushing at the Brighton fans during the game, they weren't throwing missiles and coins and they weren't even singing homophobic songs.

We should all be welcoming this draw, not wishing we had some dull team from up North. Instead, we will have a match with a great atmosphere with a little bit of an edge to it. Why don't you go and watch Sussex play cricket if you want to eat your prawn sandwiches and clap politely.

They were throwing coins mate, get it straight and spitting at the welcoming party at the top of the hill. Horrible dirty little Scrotes the lot of them.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I can't believe all these calls for bubble games and banning away fans after last week. I have to say that last Tuesday had the least amount of trouble I have seen at a Brighton vs Palace match for years, if not ever. The only incident on the night of any note was 20-25 herberts getting into the stadium, possibly without tickets and certainly without being searched.

This resulted in a very visual scene of the smoke bombs and bangers. Rest assured, these idiots pissed off the other Palace fans equally as much as your fans but their actions should be put into perspective. They weren't rushing at the Brighton fans during the game, they weren't throwing missiles and coins and they weren't even singing homophobic songs.

We should all be welcoming this draw, not wishing we had some dull team from up North. Instead, we will have a match with a great atmosphere with a little bit of an edge to it. Why don't you go and watch Sussex play cricket if you want to eat your prawn sandwiches and clap politely.

We do. Except when SURREY turn up...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Perfect opportunity for some supporters unable to get league tickets. I reckon loads of season ticket holders will choose to keep money in their pockets. So we might see first teams with second string supporters. Great draw.

I think quite the opposite. More season ticket holders are likely to go to this one than probably any other draw.

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
That has got to be the worst possible draw other than possibly the reverse fixture. Can we have a 11am kick off on Sunday or possibly no away fans and a beamback for them.

What is the point of football and especially rivalries if we don't have any opposition fans to which to create the atmosphere with. That doesn't mean we have to sink to the level of being clad all in black with bangers in our pants but most real fans of both clubs know how far it should go . Bring it on - Brighton reserves against Palace reserves at a full Amex -can't wait !

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
They were throwing coins mate, get it straight and spitting at the welcoming party at the top of the hill. Horrible dirty little Scrotes the lot of them.

Really? OK. I hadn't seen any of that, although I was right over the other side towards the right. And as for spitting, dirty, horrible little ********...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What is the point of football and especially rivalries if we don't have any opposition fans to which to create the atmosphere with. That doesn't mean we have to sink to the level of being clad all in black with bangers in our pants but most real fans of both clubs know how far it should go . Bring it on - Brighton reserves against Palace reserves at a full Amex -can't wait !
This apart from the reserves.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Wise words

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Bring it on!!! Full Amex, big away support by our rivals, rockin’ atmosphere and full strength teams out please!!!
There have been too many years not playing matches v Palace not to welcome another so soon!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am all for rivalry amongst clubs and fans but when the general public become involved then action has to be taken to sort it out. Hopefully the police will be knocking on doors very soon. It is rather ironic that a 15 year old was detected and nicked for having a flare on Saturday v Liverpool but a number were set off in the Palace end and no action taken then so lets hope they have been identified and action will be taken. I can fully understand why they didnt eject them on the night but that doesnt stop them doing something now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Palace should get their full allocation and no way should it be a bubble- bubble matches are abhorrent.

But I'm certainly not looking forward to it in any way. I'm always a nervous wreck anyway and odds on Hughton will play the stiffs. And if it's a Monday night town will be a no go zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

This, apart from the last banger that made me jump, the whole night was a bit pants. The atmosphere wasn't a patch on what it used to be, and even Mrs LLF was wondering what the fuss was all about.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Not what I wanted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here