Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off Tomer

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Whilst a number of the team have struggled in the opening PL matches, I thought Tomer has adapted reasonably well. I for one wanted CH to keep him and glad he is still with the Albion.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
if we had won at boro season before last. we would've probs have had much more confidence in him being good enough as our top scorer that got us promoted. personally yes I want an upgrade upfront like anybody else but lets not under estimate our players. He will do ok. How many other strikers in the prem have not scored a goal yet? Hemed has played against 2 champions of the last 3 seasons and a tough away game at Watford despite their 10 men.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
More importantly where is Hemed's mentality now. He could be deflated that he knew he was going out on loan so not seen to be good enough. Or he could be buoyant that we couldn't get anyone else and he has a chance to prove himself. I think he is probably professional enough to understand the situation and hope he can step up and deliver now we need him to
I suspect he'll have a big point to prove, and this window will actually have a positive effect on him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think Hemed is perceived as having failed from the Man City game, when he was never going to get a lot of chances and with no Knockaert (or Izquierdo at the time) the service was always going to be lacking somewhat. He might not bang you a hat-trick against Chelsea but I wouldn't bet against him heading a winner against West Brom or Newcastle, which will be the games when the points are needed.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Had we not signed him originally, yet signed a full Israeli international (Hemed) striker for £20 million last night... we'd all be creaming ourselves today. Scored goals in La Liga etc. Bloom would be the hero of the hour and Winstanley would have well and truly 'delivered.'

Now we back him.

I prefer him to Murray... they're both good, but I think Tomer can and will stop hitting the post and the bar so often and actually start being lucky!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The reality is we'll all support him come our games. But he should've been upgraded and he's done nothing over the last two years or the start of this season to suggest he'll be even an average Premier League striker. For me personally, I find it absolutely shocking that he's our starting striker in this division.

That said, I hope he proves me wrong. After all, we kinda need him to if we're to stand any chance of staying up.

Barnes and Vokes. Not good enough for us in the championship. Few rated Barnes. None rated Vokes. No tears shed when they left. Now what? What happened to those sorry inadequates?

I think we may be pleasantly surprised how well our boys step up this season. Tomer included.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
He knows where the goal is. Great header of the ball and can score from the penalty spot. We should start to capitalise more on set plays etc. There are many different ways to score goals - not all about being very quick . Think we need to get goals from several different positions on the pitch.
Whilst we face a difficult challenge maybe this should be viewed as an opportunity?
Can't help thinking that had we signed the much wanted striker would we then have collapsed into despair the moment they got injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I didn't realise people were slagging him off. Would be a very good 3rd or 4th striking option. Which is no mean feat and makes him a very good player. But we all know he is second fiddle to Murray. Who would also be a good 3rd choice striker. ...I honestly belive with a quality striker, we would ruffle a few feathers and stay up comfortably. Without we are going to struggle big time. The biggest single mistake was signing Ryan. The loan signing of Krul because Ryan is shite, stopped us even getting a loan striker. Ryan may have cost £6m and could end up costing us £200m if we go down. Didn't no one scout him and realise he can't hold a football shot at him?

We were always going to sign a third goalkeeper, and it is nothing to do with Ryan being sh1te..... which he isn't.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We were always going to sign a third goalkeeper, and it is nothing to do with Ryan being sh1te..... which he isn't.

You think Krul is going to be 2nd or 3rd choice Dave ? I give it less than a month before Ryan is dropped.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

He is and should stick to presenting Big Brother's Little Brother.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Barnes and Vokes. Not good enough for us in the championship. Few rated Barnes. None rated Vokes. No tears shed when they left. Now what? What happened to those sorry inadequates?

I think we may be pleasantly surprised how well our boys step up this season. Tomer included.

As I said, I hope he proves me and all his other detractors wrong. We need him to after all.

But you can't rate every footballer you see. And I'm sorry to say it, but Hemed is one of the few players in our squad that I personally don't rate that highly. Doesn't mean I won't support him 100% when he plays for us.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ok the team shouln't feed him chances ???

You said he should be getting fed chances by the team, not making them himself. So, just to be clear, you think that he shouldn't be able to make opportunities on his own? In modern football? So you just want him to stand on the six yard box waiting for a perfect pass every game?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Always going to use up our 2nd loan option on a keeper on deadline day ?...Yeah ok whatever. I can assure you Ryan will not be 1st choice. He isn't up to it.Especially now when we are going to have to defend for our very lives in this league.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I said, I hope he proves me and all his other detractors wrong. We need him to after all.

But you can't rate every footballer you see. And I'm sorry to say it, but Hemed is one of the few players in our squad that I personally don't rate that highly. Doesn't mean I won't support him 100% when he plays for us.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Yes, we none of us (apart from [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]) actually know how the season will pan out, and I remain optimistic and will do so till the end.

I am hoping we won't have to remind ourselves, in January, that we have been 12 points adrift of safety before, and yet survived on the last day of the season....Liverpool away might prove stiffer opposition than Hereford way, even if there is less at stake for the home side.....

ps I wish all our opponents could be a faffy and ineffectual as England were for the first 80 minutes yesterday :facepalm:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You think Krul is going to be 2nd or 3rd choice Dave ? I give it less than a month before Ryan is dropped.

Always going to use up our 2nd loan option on a keeper on deadline day ?...Yeah ok whatever. I can assure you Ryan will not be 1st choice. He isn't up to it.Especially now when we are going to have to defend for our very lives in this league.

I only said we were always going to sign a third keeper, I didn't say anything about using up our loan options to do it.

And I would predict that Ryan will be our first choice goalkeeper throughout the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here