Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Three Must-Go-To Away Games

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
There were some right corporate misfits at Villa Park, you know, the type you would never see at Rotherham away on a Tuesday or even Barnsley on a Saturday. But big game and the jumper draped over the shoulder brigade were all out.

They didn't have a clue about away day etiquette, insisted on sitting in their allocated seat, well at least Henry and Tarquin were happy for the 90 mins.

If this is what it will be like next season, I think I will give up going away... It could be embarrassing!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
palace

last time I went there in the top flight we won 3-0

WBA

never went to the Hawthorns for the famous league cup win

Burnley

Turf Moor,one of the old greats that I have never been to

went to Old Trafford,Anfield,Highbury,WHL etc first time around,the newer versions don't do much for me

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I only go for the beer so put me down for the 2 Mancs and Newcastle

For a booze up i'd recommend Liverpool.... for Everton away. They're terrible seats but the place has plenty atmosphere & the Everton fans are alright.
I'd avoid Anfield & Old Trafford, with both of them full of nu-fans & tourists making them both soulless.

el punal

There were some right corporate misfits at Villa Park, you know, the type you would never see at Rotherham away on a Tuesday or even Barnsley on a Saturday. But big game and the jumper draped over the shoulder brigade were all out.

They didn't have a clue about away day etiquette, insisted on sitting in their allocated seat, well at least Henry and Tarquin were happy for the 90 mins.

If this is what it will be like next season, I think I will give up going away... It could be embarrassing!

We are all Brighton fans. What's the problem?

el punal

You really need to ask?

Well yes, I did need to ask. It seems to me that you expect "proper" Albion fans to be of a certain category, i.e. the sort that YOU approve of. The reality, and the beauty, of being a football fan is that they come in all shapes and sizes, from different backgrounds, booze and swear a lot, or not, young and old, sit down or stand up, and so on and so forth. It really doesn't matter. The common denominator in all of this is they support and follow Brighton and Hove Albion, and long may that continue.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Well yes, I did need to ask. It seems to me that you expect "proper" Albion fans to be of a certain category, i.e. the sort that YOU approve of. The reality, and the beauty, of being a football fan is that they come in all shapes and sizes, from different backgrounds, booze and swear a lot, or not, young and old, sit down or stand up, and so on and so forth. It really doesn't matter. The common denominator in all of this is they support and follow Brighton and Hove Albion, and long may that continue.

Well funny that it is always the same old faces at away games. Give you the local ones tend to bring out the once a year brigade!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Everton , Chelsea and Spurs..........didn't include Palarse as never enjoy playing them , too much tension !

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Everton and Liverpool, just up the road from me, either city or united, 20 minutes on the train. Nights out in both cities are recommended, Liverpool city centre I've found is less intimidating. Tottenham for the Wembley experience, Id have thought there'll be more than 3k away tickets for that, I may be wrong tho.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Really dont get the love in for Spurs at Wembley - playing there as its their home ground is not anything special, the atmosphere will not be like a cup final game.

On the other hand the slating that old Trafford is getting is a joke, one of the better grounds I think having been there around 5 times as an away fan along with a few champions league games and normal home games when I got offered tickets and Sunderland/Wakefield were not on

Emirates is impressive although was stale when we went at the end of last season.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
palace

last time I went there in the top flight we won 3-0

WBA

never went to the Hawthorns for the famous league cup win

Burnley

Turf Moor,one of the old greats that I have never been to

went to Old Trafford,Anfield,Highbury,WHL etc first time around,the newer versions don't do much for me

Burnley: nasty fans, shit ground. Been there, done that, got the t'shirt (over the years) and a place never to be frequented again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Everton - never been
Arsenal - been to The Emirates but for a gig, not football
Spurs - been to Wembley but for a gig, not football

Also throw in West Ham, West Brom and Man City as not been any of them either

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea