Sussex by the Sea
Sully in the 70s, quite a few shouting so I joined in :moo:

Orlandi for bottling out of 50/50s at home I recall

Hammond for the header at Selhurst, then at home I think a few comedy rants

Aside from that I'm pretty placid

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Firstly Darren freeman at Cheltenham for getting sent off then at the gaggle of albion fans for applauding him.

Also used to moan at pauL rogers and Paul Watson a lot. Not sure why now!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Believe it or not - as he did redeem himself over the next two years - David Stockdale after his latest calamitous mix-up, this one with Lewis Dunk against Cardiff allowing Kenwynne Jones and easy tap in.

I went completely mental at that as well. It was their only shot all game and we drew 1-1

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Jamie Moralee, Chester away, January 1999

They were woeful, we were just as bad. Moralee ponced about for 88 minutes without breaking into a sweat or getting within ten yards of the ball.

He then went down like a sack of spuds at our end and the ref generously awarded us a penalty. Moralee got up and started kissing the badge. I lost my shit, went haring down the terrace and called him every name under the sun for being a lazy cheating **** who was taking our money and taking the piss.

To be filed, along with Leon Best, under 'inappropriately named players'.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ryan Harley and Stephen Dobbie in the Amex years, but my real bile was aimed at Calamity Wayne Henderson. I despised him before he even played for us. The reason was the calculating way in which he bigged up his distribution ability at the expense of Michel Kuipers'. But that was only the start. I became pretty apoplectic with rage in practically every game I saw him play due to the many ways he found to gift possession to an opposing player allowing him to score. These ranged from the diving save to pat the ball to the feet of an opponent, dropping the ball at the feet of an opponent, failing to get up after a save as clearly one save had done his job, therefore no need to do any more as a goal would be someone else's fault, the Chris Eagles goal, again not his fault of course. The club got relegated as a result of his incompetence. I hated him then and still do.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Considering been going since 1980, really not that often.

A couple that spring to mind were Jimmy Case (as manager) after the Sudbury home FA Cup defeat in Nov 1996-97, when things as we know weren't going well. Was standing on West terrace near halfway line as he was trudging off, and totally lost it.

Player-wise one that I recall was at Wayne Henderson after his horrendous injury-time error at Bournemouth on New Years Day 2007. It was such a dismal match the only possible consolation was a point from a 0-0. But no, not even that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nathan Jones.
Away at Yeovil he was really acting the tool and I was right at the front by the goal.
He stood at the near post for a corner to us and I gave him a full on 15 second blast.
The look on his face as he turned to look at the away fans was one of disappointment that a Brighton fan would talk to him like that after the service he gave, I thought he would either ignore it or tell me to ****off.
But he really was a total bell end throughout the match.

Jul 7, 2003
Paul Watson a lot. Not sure why now!

Probably because he couldn't tackle a wet paper bag. I remember giving him loads of abuse in his early days at a pre-season friendly at Kingstonian as he waved a limp ankle at the non-league winger as he flew past him. Still one of our best dead ball kickers though.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Jamie Moralee, Chester away, January 1999

They were woeful, we were just as bad. Moralee ponced about for 88 minutes without breaking into a sweat or getting within ten yards of the ball.

He then went down like a sack of spuds at our end and the ref generously awarded us a penalty. Moralee got up and started kissing the badge. I lost my shit, went haring down the terrace and called him every name under the sun for being a lazy cheating **** who was taking our money and taking the piss.

Same player away at Scunthorpe when he got himself sent off less than 30 seconds after coming on as sub!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Me and others in the Withdean South Stand shouting at Gavin Hoyle, because he was shite at everything in patrolling his wing. More fans joined in with each home game, as it became obvious to all that opposing full backs and wingers seemed to beat him in all aspects of football.

But that was light weight compared to the mouthy WSU (north end) football 'expert' who hated David Lopez with a passion. Reached a climax with "F**k off back home you Spanish c**t". Fans in the neighbouring blocks voiced their disapproval. He disappeared for many months after that, I guessed banned, then returned much quieter.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jesus wept.
Grown men howling at other grown men for not using an inflated ball properly.

There's always one who gets all po-faced in these threads and that's you. If you've ever celebrated wildly when Brighton score or the opposition miss a penalty (and we both know you have) then you're a hypocrite because you've allowed grown men kicking a ball about on a field to affect your emotions.

And I know you're fibbing. I've never met a football fan who hasn't once shouted at a ref for a bad decision or at a player for a bad tackle/pass/save/shot.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Lua Lua at home to Watford seasons ago! Offered him all my advice from the sideline and he chose to ignore it all. He was useless that day and I washed my hands of him!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ryan Harley and Stephen Dobbie in the Amex years, but my real bile was aimed at Calamity Wayne Henderson. I despised him before he even played for us. The reason was the calculating way in which he bigged up his distribution ability at the expense of Michel Kuipers'. But that was only the start. I became pretty apoplectic with rage in practically every game I saw him play due to the many ways he found to gift possession to an opposing player allowing him to score. These ranged from the diving save to pat the ball to the feet of an opponent, dropping the ball at the feet of an opponent, failing to get up after a save as clearly one save had done his job, therefore no need to do any more as a goal would be someone else's fault, the Chris Eagles goal, again not his fault of course. The club got relegated as a result of his incompetence. I hated him then and still do.

Wayne Henderson last minute at Bournemouth, as I think everyone else there did.

I would have thought keeping a clean sheet at Selhurst would redeem him, but it seems not.

I lost it with Kuipers, at Luton for pratting about, gifting them a goal, which eventually led to penalties, and denied us a game at Wembley.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
very rarely get anoyed with players but there are 2 exceptions. Foster Caskey who may as well have said i play for under 21s so if I want stand in centre circle for 90mins doing sod all I can. Other one was Mackail Smith.Highest payed player .Very little with ball just ran around.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not a rant exactly, but a large part of the Withdean Matchday Experience was bellowing '**** Off Charlie!' From H Block any time Oatway sauntered towards the Albion corner taker with a view to squandering that corner via the taking of a short and useless one. That never got tired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here