Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans of other clubs, laughing at our coming 2nd parade on social media

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Seemed a sensible parade anyway.
Good practice run for Police council and the club for next seasons League Winners Parade.

Jan 22, 2017
Newcastle fans seem to like a dig too. You know - Newcastle United.....the same huge Newcastle United that haven't won a major trophy since Wor Bobby Robson was playing. The same Newcastle who have a fanbase half of which won't have a clue what that major trophy was. The 'Inter-City what, Dad?' It just goes to show how much they expect from their club that their celebrations after Sunday were so muted. Stuff that, my club gave me a decent excuse to earn enough brownie points to run along to Hove, have perhaps far too much to drink and also have a laugh and (maybe) a little sniffle by the sea in the sun. They can laugh all they like. I just wish I could get the essence of all that into 140 characters on Twitter to give them something back.

A minority, sadly our thick **** bunch of fans. The type that chipped in for that shocking banner that flew over the Stadium Of Light which90% of our fans are absolutely embarrassed by. Seen a lot more people shouting them down on Twitter and rightfully so. Social media gives too many thick people a platform to comment on situations and events that they know **** all about. Wouldn't surprised me if the majority of people couldn't point at Brighton on a map of England.

Seen a BHAFC fan say that it wasn't celebrating promotion but more the journey leading up to it. Very well put I think.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
F orf

Attachments

• People_Who_Care.jpg
    People_Who_Care.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,006

theboybilly

A minority, sadly our thick **** bunch of fans. The type that chipped in for that shocking banner that flew over the Stadium Of Light which90% of our fans are absolutely embarrassed by. Seen a lot more people shouting them down on Twitter and rightfully so. Social media gives too many thick people a platform to comment on situations and events that they know **** all about. Wouldn't surprised me if the majority of people couldn't point at Brighton on a map of England.

Seen a BHAFC fan say that it wasn't celebrating promotion but more the journey leading up to it. Very well put I think.

Thank you.I know not all Toon fans are like that. I loved my stay up there for our game in August. I was in the Newcastle Arms pre-match and awas chatting away nicely to a couple of home fans but some in their company just coudn't understand why I thought that even should the result go against us Brighton could do well this season. All this having had Hughton as manager at SJP.
I'm really looking forward to next season's encounters as they were a highlight for me despite our 2 defeats. You live in a wonderful city. I would rather travel 300 miles to an away game there than 46 miles to Selhurst that's for sure

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Who gives a monkeys what some other fans think

Edit, you can bet your arse 90% are reading, Fulham, weds, and hudds fans too

I can't see any Fulham on slagging you off on my Twitter feed. Congratulations. You deserve a bus parade. It's great for your fans who have endured through the Goldstone/Gillingham/Withdean years.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They can say what they want. This was about all the grim shit. Priestfield, Archer, Withdean, Archer, Bill ****ing Archer the ****ing **** who almost destroyed us. About him losing and us winning, really, at last. The shadow of that **** finally removed in the glorious sunshine of today.

My favourite moment today was Attila riding his bike past us (with his little flag and massive grin) as me and my son were waiting for the buses.

Fans of other clubs? Meh. They'll never get it. Who cares...we've won.

Jan 22, 2017
Thank you.I know not all Toon fans are like that. I loved my stay up there for our game in August. I was in the Newcastle Arms pre-match and awas chatting away nicely to a couple of home fans but some in their company just coudn't understand why I thought that even should the result go against us Brighton could do well this season. All this having had Hughton as manager at SJP.
I'm really looking forward to next season's encounters as they were a highlight for me despite our 2 defeats. You live in a wonderful city. I would rather travel 300 miles to an away game there than 46 miles to Selhurst that's for sure

Thanks mate, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay up here! I have been to Brighton twice (both of the cup games) and had a cracking time at both, got the train down and drank in the city centre pre match. Met up with a couple of Albion fans that I know the for the first game but the second time was much more rushed due to us having to get the 4:45am train to Kings Cross and only really having an hour and a half or so due to the kick off time. I also much prefer the long distance games, seems more of an away day and Football is a good excuse to visit cities that are perhaps a bit too far to go to otherwise! Was lovely weather for both games as well considering it was January.

I was embarrassed reading Twitter earlier and was embarrassed at some of our fans last weekend on there, like I also said they seem to be the same kind of people who chipped in for that horrific shameful banner yesterday. They give a lot of our fans a bad name, I've seen on here a few posters say that the rivalry between our clubs this season hasn't been tainted by either set of fans acting like twats and then seeing stuff like that on Twitter spoils that.

Will definitely be heading down again next season, hope they don't mess with the kick off times.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's special because we have ticked the Prem box and have started a new chapter in our history. In 1983 we didn't think it would take so long to get back into top flight let alone being homeless and almost kicked out of the league.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They can say what they want. This was about all the grim shit. Priestfield, Archer, Withdean, Archer, Bill ****ing Archer the ****ing **** who almost destroyed us. About him losing and us winning, really, at last. The shadow of that **** finally removed in the glorious sunshine of today.

This nails it nicely. It's about the shedding of the last remnants of the **** archer and the 20 year long shadow of his actions. It's about stepping into the light unfettered by his foul presence. It's about saying after twenty years not only have we won, not only did we survive but we have thrived. This is what we fought so hard and so long for. Of course we're going to enjoy it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Im a bit old school, I hate clackers, opera singers,and flags, I used to love turning up at the Goldstone, give minutes before kick off, watching the game, then going home.

I loved today.

You're 'old school' and you hate flags? Something doesn't work there.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Trouble is some of us are so sensitive, and mocking or banter just causes such hysteria.

Who cares what other clubs think.

Some or our fans really need to man up.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They can take the piss all they want because today I saw THOUSANDS of young kids absolutely hooked on The Albion, with their parents walking back home or to their cars, all singing Albion songs.We have got the lost generations back-sneer all they like, our potential is better than it has ever been. And they don't like it! They will like it even less when they see how many were there today.

Brighton are back.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Too right, great times. Whatever happens next season we are Albion, we have a long term plan and we're in great hands.

Credit to the club for putting on a great day for the fans, the sun shone too

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good for them.

If you turn off social media you won't have noticed it at all, and your life will be all the better for it ;)

But some social media is good. If only there was a way of filtering through the shite!

Back to the OP, I was thinking about this earlier, having seen a lot of Palace fans passing comment. The same fans who hours before had been besides themselves celebrating the fact that there are three teams in the Premier League that are worse than them.

Bless them. I bet they quietly went about their business after they finished FIFTH and won promotion to the Premier League...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here