Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Superb - in awe

Thank you. I surprised myself today, I really did.

Excellent stuff. You could well be in line for the NSC Age Grading Trophy 2017? Talking of which a slightly disappointing 45:51 for me today at the Worthing 10K - but a category win (and a trophy) AG 72.88%.

I'm only a young V40, so I think the AG prize is safe... for now :wink:

Bloody hell, that's rapid. Brilliant!

That's what I thought too - very handy for avoiding the post race crowds mind.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Some excellent running today. I did my 22 miles in 3 hours and 8. Another long run next week and hope it's enough for sub 3.30 marathon.

Training has become incredibly erratic after butt pain, stomach illness and a cold. So a matter of seeing how it goes on the day.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
IMG_3089.JPG

This amused me, taken whilst waiting at the start of the Bath Half.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
The rain held off for the start of the Surrey Half today... then pelted it down for five minutes a mile in. Perfect running weather then, and I smashed my sub-1:30 target. The finish clock read 1:25:31 as I crossed the line, and my chip time was 1:25:24.6... think I might retire! :D

You smashed it! Fantastic

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Excellent stuff. You could well be in line for the NSC Age Grading Trophy 2017? Talking of which a slightly disappointing 45:51 for me today at the Worthing 10K - but a category win (and a trophy) AG 72.88%.

Also ran Worthing and also disappointed with my time. 43:35 was about a minute slower than I was hoping for. I got to the 5k turn and knew I had nothing left in the tank. Probably shouldn't have done a parkrun yesterday but just had the urge to get out there.
Good to see [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] who came away with a 10k pb and then ran back to Brighton. Top effort :clap:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Also ran Worthing and also disappointed with my time. 43:35 was about a minute slower than I was hoping for. I got to the 5k turn and knew I had nothing left in the tank. Probably shouldn't have done a parkrun yesterday but just had the urge to get out there.
Good to see [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] who came away with a 10k pb and then ran back to Brighton. Top effort :clap:

Sorry but a PB and then running back to Brighton is just showing off! Someone told me at the finish that he thought the course was a bit longer than 10k. Forget the facts, I'm buying it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good luck everyone at all the events today.
Following some surgery last week I managed a slow walk round most of Hove Park on Tuesday. Then went home for a sleep!

Conclusion - enjoy your running while you can do it!!!

What have you done?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The rain held off for the start of the Surrey Half today... then pelted it down for five minutes a mile in. Perfect running weather then, and I smashed my sub-1:30 target. The finish clock read 1:25:31 as I crossed the line, and my chip time was 1:25:24.6... think I might retire! :D

I doff my cap. Sensational time. You may hold the Nsc HM record based on that. Although Pembury is always up there.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nothing wrong with that really, just keep the pace comfortable.......

Bloody awful parkrun for me today. Still struggling with a bit of a cough/cold. Felt ok for the first couple of miles then started coughing my guts up and had to stop three times on the last lap (Hove Park). Apologies to anyone who went past while I was retching !

Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - beware mile 24 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Jesus H! I'm battered. I've been mullered by the Moyleman! ******* hills. The time of 4.52 is almost irrelevant - toughest marathon (maybe even race) I've ever done!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jesus H! I'm battered. I've been mullered by the Moyleman! ******* hills. The time of 4.52 is almost irrelevant - toughest marathon (maybe even race) I've ever done!

Cracking effort mate, well done. At the start of the first Moyleman the Race Director said the course was 'a bit of a *******'. How we laughed..........until we got to Glynde.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cracking effort mate, well done. At the start of the first Moyleman the Race Director said the course was 'a bit of a *******'. How we laughed..........until we got to Glynde.
Cheers mate - pain in my right leg/glute from about 10 didn't help q. Mrs Moyle's sister told me it was easier than BH. I feel cheated 😂

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers mate - pain in my right leg/glute from about 10 didn't help q. Mrs Moyle's sister told me it was easier than BH. I feel cheated ��

No, it definitely isn't. Beachy has the seven Sisters at the end but the rest is OK. the Moyleman is a bitch from (uphill) start to finish

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No, it definitely isn't. Beachy has the seven Sisters at the end but the rest is OK. the Moyleman is a bitch from (uphill) start to finish
Err yes, so I found out. But pizza and Harveys at the end was almost worth it. Not sure if I'd give it another go...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did Lydd 20 today - what a soulless shite horrible hard run - never again. Pylon after pylon & a boring green marsh. Everyone in our group of 4 struggled. I managed to run it all but the last 3 miles were shocking and 12 mins - slow pace overall too. Cardiovascular was fine but muscles were screaming. Got a very dodgy knee that was so stiff after I was dragging my leg - don't feel it at all when running though. Be glad when this marathon is done man!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did Lydd 20 today - what a soulless shite horrible hard run - never again. Pylon after pylon & a boring green marsh. Everyone in our group of 4 struggled. I managed to run it all but the last 3 miles were shocking and 12 mins - slow pace overall too. Cardiovascular was fine but muscles were screaming. Got a very dodgy knee that was so stiff after I was dragging my leg - don't feel it at all when running though. Be glad when this marathon is done man!

Well done for grinding it out. The shit runs make the good ones feel better. The marathon will be completely different.........thousands of people cheering you on for the last few miles.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done for grinding it out. The shit runs make the good ones feel better. The marathon will be completely different.........thousands of people cheering you on for the last few miles.

My 3 mates I ran with all walked some of it but all finished 5-10 mins ahead of me. I'm worried I won't be able to run 26 miles which is the sort of thing I'll hate - I want to try and run it all but just don't know if I will be able to. Loads of walkers for parts today - my pace was barely above walking pace last 3 - I'd have been better walking a few mins then running for 5 etc I'm sure but I'm too stubborn!! I guess it's a marathon and it's about the distance so if you do have to walk a bit cest la vie...?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here