BBC salaries...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Wasn't £150,000 chosen as a figure above that of any UK Prime Minister

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The only way to stop this is for everyone's gross income and their tax returns must be in the public domain, if you haven't done anything wrong then you have nothing to fear

So are suggesting it is wrong to earn the sort of money being quoted?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Alan Shearer: £450,000

ALAN SHEARER??!!!!

BLEEDIN' ALAN EFFIN' SHEARER?!!!!!!!!!!!

I had assumed he was actually paying the BBC for the work experience until he bacame any good at all at his job.

The rest of them I couldn't really care less about but....

ALAN SHEARER?!!! £450,000?!!!

...and breathe.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Alan Shearer: £450,000

ALAN SHEARER??!!!!

BLEEDIN' ALAN EFFIN' SHEARER?!!!!!!!!!!!

I had assumed he was actually paying the BBC for the work experience until he bacame any good at all at his job.

The rest of them I couldn't really care less about but....

ALAN SHEARER?!!! £450,000?!!!

...and breathe.
What's that 1hr 30 mins on a Saturday night and 3 months of too lol

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Jason Mohamed is sort of the male Clare Balding. Not really my cup of tea, all a bit oily and gushy, but you can't say he doesn't work for his money. Would cheerily present the opening of an envelope, and a permanent presence on TV/radio.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Chris Evans is the only one that really bothers me. How anyone can stand his rasping voice is beyond me, let alone everything else about him. Oh and Steve Wright for the same reasons.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Chris Evans is the only one that really bothers me. How anyone can stand his rasping voice is beyond me, let alone everything else about him. Oh and Steve Wright for the same reasons.

So not just Chris Evans then?

Made yourself look like a bit of a cock there old chap.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You asked for extrapolation and then ignored everything I wrote so that you could carry on with your little rant.

I'd be worried that you were my wife in disguise if it wasn't for the fact that she's far more intelligent and is better at that game than you.

I love 6 music and TMS. You are arguing on the side of the destruction of public services and Rupert Murdoch.

Yeah, brilliant.

You're not making any sense, I was expecting factual challenge but all you have shared is some of your feelings.

All the while the BBC continues to criminalise the poor for the purpose of feathering the beds for the likes of millionaires like Vanessa Feltz, Alan Yentob and Clare Balding I will look forward to its eventual and certain destruction.

After the revelations today the BBC should step away from making criminals of non payers and revert to civil action.

Anyone who disagrees with that is not a progressive, they are a f*cking Tory of the worst variety.

FACT

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
You're not making any sense, I was expecting factual challenge but all you have shared is some of your feelings.

All the while the BBC continues to criminalise the poor for the purpose of feathering the beds for the likes of millionaires like Vanessa Feltz, Alan Yentob and Clare Balding I will look forward to its eventual and certain destruction.

After the revelations today the BBC should step away from making criminals of non payers and revert to civil action.

Anyone who disagrees with that is not a progressive, they are a f*cking Tory of the worst variety.

FACT

Oh dear

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'd agree with [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION]s point that it is a cheap trick by the government to reveal the wages but that said there are some wages in there that defy belief.

Take Saint Gary. If Mark Chapman presented MOTD for a 10th of the price we would all still watch and the BBC would save a million. Shearer has never said anything worth listening to for 400k a year and Darcy Bussel earns 200 odd for holding up a 7. Christ, John Inverdale calls the Wimbledon champ an old boiler and says see you next Tuesday live on air for 200 large.

Given that it's public money those earning really stupid money should be on Sky or the like. In context Evans's wages are 14,000 licence fees. I don't mind being mugged for Sky - I'm stupid enough to pay but it doesn't sit right with me that people on low incomes subsidise some of these ridiculous wages that really don't need to be paid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
£200,000 – £249,999 Andrew Neil – Presenter
£400,000 – £449,000 Andrew Marr – Presenter

Andrew Neil will be looking for a rise!

For readers of Private Eye, Andrew Neill allegedly has better ways of getting a rise.

andrew-neil.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here