Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-mp-racist-brexit-recording_uk_59638608e4b02e9bdb0e2c77?

A Tory Brexiteer has described the UK leaving the EU without a deal as a “real n*****r in the woodpile” at a meeting of eurosceptics in Central London.

Anne Marie Morris, MP for Newton Abbott since 2010, made the astonishing remark while discussing what financial services deal the UK could struck with Brussels after 2019.

Despite using the racist term, none of her fellow panelists, including Tory MPs Bill Cash and John Redwood, reacted.

After saying just 7% of financial services in the UK would be affected by Brexit, Morris said: “Now I’m sure there will be many people who’ll challenge that, but my response and my request is look at the detail, it isn’t all doom and gloom.

“Now we get to the real n****r in the woodpile which is in two years what happens if there is no deal?”

urgh.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Great comment on FT.com (not mine, by the way....):

As I see it, Brexit derives its support primarily from the three intersecting sets of the old, the stupid and the poorly educated.

In the first instance, the old are dying off (and with them, electoral support for Brexit and for the Conservative Party), and their bigoted views are increasingly not being taken up by the younger cohort replacing them. The poorly educated will feel the ill-effects of the Brexit debacle in their pockets and redundancy cheques, will realise that they have been deceived and will not be so easily duped by the fascist, tax-dodging press barons and Tory looters in future. The stupid pose somewhat more of a problem, however. This is due to Dunning–Kruger type effects, where they do not even *realise* how stupid they are and hence will not be able to adequately process the unfolding collapse of the low wage, low skill, low investment, low productivity husk that is the UK economy (I would put a significant number of Conservative Party MPs into this category.) However, numerically the stupid are statistically unlikely to prevail over the medium term.

Accordingly, I see an impending economic collapse for the UK after a lost decade of hard-right Tory economic malgovernance. This will lead to a complete discrediting of their failed hard-right doctrine and pave the way for a move back towards a more centrist, social democratic programme, in line with wealthier, more successful countries such as Germany and the Nordics, and with the increased quality of life for the majority that this naturally entails.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Simple minded and mentally retarded mean pretty much the same thing. You regularly label people who disagree with you with a word the primary definitions of which include simple minded, insane and crazy. Fair enough. I actually find your description 'undemocratic' more unpleasant.

A silly/foolish person or a large diving waterbird according to my dictionary. The truth can be unpleasant at times.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
the Shadow Home Secretary.

I saw this doing the rounds last week.

right.jpg

Any missing that you can think of?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great comment on FT.com (not mine, by the way....):

As I see it, Brexit derives its support primarily from the three intersecting sets of the old, the stupid and the poorly educated.

In the first instance, the old are dying off (and with them, electoral support for Brexit and for the Conservative Party), and their bigoted views are increasingly not being taken up by the younger cohort replacing them. The poorly educated will feel the ill-effects of the Brexit debacle in their pockets and redundancy cheques, will realise that they have been deceived and will not be so easily duped by the fascist, tax-dodging press barons and Tory looters in future. The stupid pose somewhat more of a problem, however. This is due to Dunning–Kruger type effects, where they do not even *realise* how stupid they are and hence will not be able to adequately process the unfolding collapse of the low wage, low skill, low investment, low productivity husk that is the UK economy (I would put a significant number of Conservative Party MPs into this category.) However, numerically the stupid are statistically unlikely to prevail over the medium term.

Accordingly, I see an impending economic collapse for the UK after a lost decade of hard-right Tory economic malgovernance. This will lead to a complete discrediting of their failed hard-right doctrine and pave the way for a move back towards a more centrist, social democratic programme, in line with wealthier, more successful countries such as Germany and the Nordics, and with the increased quality of life for the majority that this naturally entails.
'I'm going to thcream,and thcream,and thcream until I turn blue and have to go to hospital,if you donm't stop brexiting now'
Oh dear:tantrum:.Had some bad news today,have we?Nasty government going to make you pay gig workers and zero-hours contracts the minimum wage,so you feel the need to strike out.:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I see May realising she is on course for a disaster is trying to drag down the other parties with her.

I'll be shocked if any Join her.

Strong and stable

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It is slowly disintegrating - latest concession - we probably won't insist that the ECJ has no jurisdiction post Brexit: "European judges could continue to have sway over Britain for a “limited time” after Brexit, the British government has conceded, in a development that could pave the way for a softer exit with the UK retaining closer ties to the EU."

This is good news, by the way - not just because it facilitates a softer Brexit, but it also removes the threat to the UK's membership of the European Common Aviation Area. And that's important if we want to carry on flying to/from the EU post Brexit.

It won't be long before we're at the "Norway option". And then it'll be a short hop to returning to EU membership.

Happy Days!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It is slowly disintegrating - latest concession - we probably won't insist that the ECJ has no jurisdiction post Brexit: "European judges could continue to have sway over Britain for a “limited time” after Brexit, the British government has conceded, in a development that could pave the way for a softer exit with the UK retaining closer ties to the EU."

This is good news, by the way - not just because it facilitates a softer Brexit, but it also removes the threat to the UK's membership of the European Common Aviation Area. And that's important if we want to carry on flying to/from the EU post Brexit.

It won't be long before we're at the "Norway option". And then it'll be a short hop to returning to EU membership.

Happy Days!

We're not leaving the EU any time soon are we - Not sure if it's tragic or funny. Or both. Definitely both if you're French.

D

Deleted member 22389

Happy Days!

An open door to 500M people, and that doesn't include migration from outside the EU either. One day you will understand that the only reason our public services and housing are under so much pressure is due to there being too many people in this country, and it doesn't matter how much money our government puts in, it will never be enough. Over population.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I see May realising she is on course for a disaster is trying to drag down the other parties with her.

Strong and stable

for weeks commentators and back bench MPs have been calling out for some sort of consenus politics on Brexit, to be involved in planning. now an offer is suggested by the government, its rejected by Labour front bench and isnt a good idea anymore? opposition for the sake of opposition.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
However, the point is... 49% quoted 'sovereignty' as their main reason for voting Brexit. We have never lost it. Its sort of stupid.

No one has ever claimed we have lost our entire sovereignty, only you are implying this is what has been claimed. You alone, no one else at all.
If you give up sovereign law making powers to Brussels you gradually lose your sovereign law making powers, if you reclaim these powers and accountability back from Brussels and return them to the Uk you claim back some of your sovereign powers.
49% of Leave voters wanted to claim back and return more law making powers back to the UK. Its not a difficult concept to understand Dave, i know you are struggling to understand this and its all a bit confusing for you, but if you cant understand a leaver explaining it to you ask a remainer instead. They will tell you loss of sovereign making powers to Brussels is a good thing and is in the wider interests of pooled sovereignty and the EU.
Now ask yourself how its possible you can be so uninformed and not understand.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What? You have regularly hammered into 'such people' describing them as undemocratic and mentally-retarded. Let me know which views you regard as unpleasant.

I dont recall JC ever calling people mentally retarded,have you just invented yet again what people have actually said?
As for unpleasant Its quite unpleasant for someone to say ..... That most people arguing against the EU is just a cover for their deep distrust of foreigners.
I would have thought even you would agree this is an unpleasant thing to say, but if you did say it was unpleasant you would be contradicting what you have implied yourself in your own posts.........must be hard being a hypocrite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Strong and stable

She's an absolute joke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont recall JC ever calling people mentally retarded,have you just invented yet again what people have actually said?
As for unpleasant Its quite unpleasant for someone to say ..... That most people arguing against the EU is just a cover for their deep distrust of foreigners.
I would have thought even you would agree this is an unpleasant thing to say, but if you did say it was unpleasant you would be contradicting what you have implied yourself in your own posts.........must be hard being a hypocrite.

4/10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here