Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fair enough. He's still an Aussie though.

Frightful people, aren't they? My view may or may not be clouded by having worked for an Australian company for a very long time.

I worked for GIO in Sydney. Not much different to working here really.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I didn't realise he was Australian. As such, it's a "no" from me.

First of all, well, just being Australian is enough, but secondly there's the massive club disruption involved with playing home international fixtures on the other side of the world.

So that's a no from you on Haraguchi as well then.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Fair enough. He's still an Aussie though.

Frightful people, aren't they? My view may or may not be clouded by having worked for an Australian company for a very long time.

Aussie industrial relations / employment law isn't a patch on what you've got over here, I'll grant you that. And the company execs take full advantage wherever they can. But it's wrong to let that colour your perception of the average Aussie. We're really not that bad...

Hey, as NSC resident bogan i resent that comment.

Cripes, think you're showing your age there. Surely the slang has moved on a bit since "bogan" was a thing? (Says the ex-pat who's not spent more than a day or two here and there in Australia since the early 2000's).

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Aussie industrial relations / employment law isn't a patch on what you've got over here, I'll grant you that. And the company execs take full advantage wherever they can. But it's wrong to let that colour your perception of the average Aussie. We're really not that bad...

Cripes, think you're showing your age there. Surely the slang has moved on a bit since "bogan" was a thing? (Says the ex-pat who's not spent more than a day or two here and there in Australia since the early 2000's).

I'm only 25 :lolol:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
He's not good enough for the premiership yet....another 2-3 years maybe.

Sidwell & Murray aside we have a squad full of players that we do not know whether they will be good enough for the Premier league.

When we signed Ashley Barnes on loan from Plymouth when we were in L1 who could have forecasted that he would be good enough for the premier league or when we loaned Steve Cook & Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Australian or not, I met him at an awards event earlier in the year and he struck me as a bit on the dim side.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What will define us next season will be our ability to score goals.
It's looking like we will be going 4-3-2-1.
I'm sure we will spent a decent amount of money on a striker but
We we need good creativity from midfield & I think Mooy would give us that

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sidwell & Murray aside we have a squad full of players that we do not know whether they will be good enough for the Premier league.

When we signed Ashley Barnes on loan from Plymouth when we were in L1 who could have forecasted that he would be good enough for the premier league or when we loaned Steve Cook & Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth.

Barnes still isn't good enough..... lived a charmed life as a bit part player.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Barnes still isn't good enough..... lived a charmed life as a bit part player.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I concur whole-heartedly

But isn't it amazing though what a 'Marmite' player AB was for us?!

Literally you either think he was vastly over-rated / crap (defensive headers out of the box from corners notwithstanding) or a really good player....literally nothing in between.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Was Mooy the aussie guy that we tried to sign last summer during the close season? Remember being surprised that city were interested in him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Was Mooy the aussie guy that we tried to sign last summer during the close season? Remember being surprised that city were interested in him.

I think that was Tommy Oar I think. Ex of Utrecht & Ipswich. Now plays for Brisbane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here