Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How panicked are you?

How panicked are you at the Albion's (lack of) transfer activity?

• 10 (Bedwetting every night)

Votes: 9 2.8%

Votes: 10 3.1%

Votes: 21 6.5%

Votes: 32 9.8%

Votes: 41 12.6%

Votes: 37 11.4%

Votes: 33 10.2%

Votes: 39 12.0%

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • 1 (As cool as a cucumber)

Votes: 78 24.0%

• Total voters

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's all about finance though every other club are after those type of players and we simply cannot compete
If we can't compete even when we are in the premier league, when can we? When we are in the champions league? That may be one or two seasons away..

I obviously don't expect us to compete for Lukaku et al but £16m for a marquee signing, yes. The problem with Hernandez would be the wages though. Surely there must be £16m players out there that are not on £100k plus per week?

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
One thing I have noticed since pre-season games have started is the size of the players - a lot PL midfielders seem to be Tanks - even wingers like Zaha seem bulky

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Cool as.

Belief is everything.

If you believe that CH and the boys know what they are doing then you don't need to worry at all. On past performance, I for one am happy that we are in good hands and that the yo-yo strategy is not high on our list of outcomes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cool as a cucumber.

Still many weeks to 1st September, and better to get the right players in than bodies just to appease the fan base. Perhaps it will take the second window up to 31st January to get a squad truly able to compete.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yep, we have reached the promised land. If the club don't want to spend what it takes to stay there I can live with that. The Championship is fun and even better with parachute payments. If we spend what it takes to stay up even better.

Just 100% convinced we'll go down if we don't sign the right striker/s.
The Championship is only fun because of the tantalising prize if you have a season long result....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If the club don't want to spend what it takes to stay there I can live with that...If we spend what it takes to stay up even better.

Just 100% convinced we'll go down if we don't sign the right striker/s.

And you know the club don't believe any of that and aren't "bothered" - because ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Championship is only fun because of the tantalising prize if you have a season long result....

Most NSers in polls and optimistic comments across the forum indicate that we will have a successful PL season. So the destination will be enjoyed, as was the journey. Exciting times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And you know the club don't believe any of that and aren't "bothered" - because ?

No I question whether they will spend what they need to both in transfer fees and more importantly wages, to get a striker of the quality required to keep us in this division. :shrug:

I hope and expect that they are "bothered".

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm not panicked exactly, but I am pretty scared. No doubt we'll be thumped a good few times but I hope we put out a good account of ourselves here and there. Scoring more goals than Boro did will be a start.

I'm just looking forward to that one (or more!) result against one of the big boys. Would love a last minute equaliser/winner against any of them. Would be absolute SCENES.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I sort of agree with Naylor's recent tweet that it's not how the squad looks now but how it looks at the close of the window.

However, I would like to see a bit more activity between now and the Man City game, I vote five but
i could easily become a bed wetter.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
One thing I have noticed since pre-season games have started is the size of the players - a lot PL midfielders seem to be Tanks - even wingers like Zaha seem bulky

It's not just the midfielders, Premiershit defenders also tend to be pretty large - this could well become a cause for concern.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's not just the midfielders, Premiershit defenders also tend to be pretty large - this could well become a cause for concern.
Premiershit???.... what are you.... nine years old?

I'm concerned - we need two strikers minimum, and we are not really hearing any substantial leads since the Abraham targeting. I'm sceptical Hemed will get many and I don't know how our luck will hold with Murray who has had fair few injury affected seasons in the past

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Interesting.

I'm panicked in that I think we've been pretty slow in recruiting who we need.

BUT, I'm as cool as a cucumber about the forthcoming season as my expectations are very low - I'm just going to enjoy whatever happens (providing we don't get thumped 10-0 by City - which we won't.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here