Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great to see EBH finally getting his stage win. Man, he has deserved it.

Although he should have stopped at the line, then pushed his bike through at the very last second.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
While I don't want to sound ungrateful that there was no TTT this year but as tomorrow is a formality (sprint world championship) what is the point of having the first and last proper stage as a TT? Shite viewing but also even if there is a change of yellow, what an anticlimax that would be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While I don't want to sound ungrateful that there was no TTT this year but as tomorrow is a formality (sprint world championship) what is the point of having the first and last proper stage as a TT? Shite viewing but also even if there is a change of yellow, what an anticlimax that would be.

Were 1-2-3 the other way round it would be far from anticlimactic.

As it is the GC race ended on the I'zoard.
That leaves a stage for the 'others', one for TT'ers, and a final sprint.
If nothing else it keeps everybody in the race to the end.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hope Froome wins today. If he's gonna win the whole thing he ought have a stage win along the way.

Still think its turned out the most unexciting stage. The organisers rolled the dice and lost.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I love a TT, along with the mountains stages they are always the stages we head to watch. Did I just hear it ends in the Marseille Stade velodrome and they are expecting 60K plus people inside. Wow, rock n roll.

Although I think the ASO has been shocking in organising the womens la Course, I have to watch even if it sounds a bizarre format and as Lizzie said an afterthought, they really need to get this right next year. Should have been minimum a classics stage, mountain stage, TT stage and then sprinters Paris stage. Really gone backwards back in the day it was a full Womens Tour de France. Hope it gets equal footing soon.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The video screen above the start gate showing each rider counting down the seconds until they start with their hands has to be one of the cheesiest things I've seen.

But I like it, for some inexplicable reason.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Having just watched the women's race in Marseilles, I can declare that that format is shit.

It certainly was because the riders didn't buy into it. I think it could only 'work' if you were to have it early on, say straight after the first stage TT of this tour. I appreciate that might negate the TT result.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A fantastic looking stage - not sure it will create big time splits between the top GC Riders - however boosting tourism to Marseille a definite - Look forward to seeing the Stadium fill up.

TT in Tour of Britain starting at the Amex - over to Rottingdean along the under cliff pass to the Marina back up Wilson Avenue and finish at the Amex please.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Riders to watch

31 Stephen Cummings (GBr) Dimension Data 14:20:00
54 Vasil Kiryienka (Blr) Team Sky 14:43:00
67 Tony Martin (Ger) Katusha-Alpecin 14:56:00
88 Stefan Küng (Sui) BMC Racing Team 15:17:00
108 Jonathan Castroviejo (Esp) Movistar Team 15:37:00
110 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Team Sky 15:39:00
130 Primoz Roglic (Slo) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 15:59:00
158 Alberto Contador (Esp) Trek-Segafredo 16:46:00
159 Warren Barguil (Fra) Team Sunweb 16:48:00
160 Louis Meintjes (RSA) UAE Team Emirates 16:50:00
161 Simon Yates (GBr) Orica-Scott 16:52:00
162 Daniel Martin (Irl) Quick-Step Floors 16:54:00
163 Fabio Aru (Ita) Astana Pro Team 16:56:00
164 Mikel Landa (Esp) Team Sky 16:58:00
165 Rigoberto Uran (Col) Cannondale-Drapac 17:00:00
166 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 17:02:00
167 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 17:04:00

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...-trial-start-times-343404#tmyedxqGQMMSBS32.99

Could be French time an hour ahead

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Am I the only person that quite liked the format of the women's race?

Luke Rowe very interesting on the commentary... Sound like Sky will be taking a massively strong team to the tour of Britain - Rowe, Thomas, Kwaitokowsku...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here