Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

78s record collection

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Any of the good folks of NSC know of a good place to sell a collection of 78s? Have looked a Ebay. Any other suggestions welcome. Thank you.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Sadly when we inherited a good collection a few years ago nobody wanted them.

We eventually gave away on Brighton Freecycle to someone who collected same as a hobby.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Pretty hard to sell 78s these days, unless they are a) genuinely rare and b) sought after.
Less and less are sought after sadly, as the fans of the music on them die off and fewer people have the kit to play them.
I picked up a nice set of Bill Haley & The Comets 78s last year and had a real job finding anyone who was interested.
Take a look on Discogs.com to get an idea if you've got any collectors want.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What's in the collection? None of the names mean anything to me (it wasn't my collection), but some of the names are: Dorothy Dickson and Allen Kearns; Knickerbocker Orchestra; Royal Cremona Orchestra; Bert Ralton and his Havana Band; Thorpe Bates and the Gaiety Theatre Orchestra; The Casey Court Kids; Sir Henry J Wood and the New Queen's Hall Orchestra; The Miami Marimba Band; Foster Richardson; John Adams; Lewis James; Peter Dawson; Billy Reid and the London Piano-Accordeon Band; Edgar Coyle; Albert Sandler and his Orchestra; Jack Hylton and his Orchestra; Kenneth Walters; Black Diamonds Band; Percival Mackey's Band; W W Whitlock; Harry Champion; The Ackroyd Trio; Sam Mayo; Fred Douglas; The Savoy Havana Band; The Gilberts; Ronnie Hilton; Jack Payne and his Band; Peter Dawson; Ted Lewis and his Band; F W Ramsey; Elsie Carlisle; Jay Laurier.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
What's in the collection? None of the names mean anything to me (it wasn't my collection), but some of the names are: Dorothy Dickson and Allen Kearns; Knickerbocker Orchestra; Royal Cremona Orchestra; Bert Ralton and his Havana Band; Thorpe Bates and the Gaiety Theatre Orchestra; The Casey Court Kids; Sir Henry J Wood and the New Queen's Hall Orchestra; The Miami Marimba Band; Foster Richardson; John Adams; Lewis James; Peter Dawson; Billy Reid and the London Piano-Accordeon Band; Edgar Coyle; Albert Sandler and his Orchestra; Jack Hylton and his Orchestra; Kenneth Walters; Black Diamonds Band; Percival Mackey's Band; W W Whitlock; Harry Champion; The Ackroyd Trio; Sam Mayo; Fred Douglas; The Savoy Havana Band; The Gilberts; Ronnie Hilton; Jack Payne and his Band; Peter Dawson; Ted Lewis and his Band; F W Ramsey; Elsie Carlisle; Jay Laurier.

Had a quick look online and turned up this website: http://www.78records.co.uk/wanted.htm
The fella involved – Bill Clark, by the look of it – has photos of some of the artists he's interested in and I noticed Harry Champion mentioned (looks like old music hall stuff), so might be worth getting in touch with him: http://www.78records.co.uk/contact78.htm

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Any of the good folks of NSC know of a good place to sell a collection of 78s? Have looked a Ebay. Any other suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Hi,

I have a friend who is very interested to see the collection so if you please pm me contact details I will forward. Have also sent a PM.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here